What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• ashmarie1083
    ashmarie1083 Posts: 55 Member
    pizzas made with Tyson frozen blackened chicken and the joseph's pitas
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Hooliekom wrote: »
    These I recently found. my favorite wraps in LARGE size!!!!! I always got the small 45-50 calorie ones before. Way better than tumaros they are massive (see hand for size reference) and only I 80! Calories!! Sooo soft. My new favorites.

The only thing is, they aren't actually 80 calories - there are 146. They are being disingenuous (or you could say dishonest) by only counting 'net' carbs. Your body will count all of 'em.. ;)

Yes I know but tumaros did the same thing and I eat the same number per day and count them as 80 calories. If I were just adding them to my diet usually not having any, I would probably count them as the full 140.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    These I recently found. my favorite wraps in LARGE size!!!!! I always got the small 45-50 calorie ones before. Way better than tumaros they are massive (see hand for size reference) and only I 80! Calories!! Sooo soft. My new favorites.

The only thing is, they aren't actually 80 calories - there are 146. They are being disingenuous (or you could say dishonest) by only counting 'net' carbs. Your body will count all of 'em.. ;)

How do you know that they are 146 calories and not the 80 calories stated on the package? I'm wondering if all companies do this? How disingenuous indeed!!!
  • Sassifrass76
    Sassifrass76 Posts: 21 Member
    Avocado toast. Sometimes three times a day. One slice of keto louis bake shop bread 30 calories and a small avocado, usually 100 calories. Some salt and pepper sprinkled on top. Totally obsessed at the moment.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

How do you know that they are 146 calories and not the 80 calories stated on the package? I'm wondering if all companies do this? How disingenuous indeed!!!

They calculate calories from net carbs not total carbs.

Calories for one wrap
    26g carbs x 4 = 96
    8g protein x 4 = 32
    2g fat x 9 = 18
    total= 146 calories

They do the "net carb" thing where they subtract the fiber from the carbs. I don't believe this at all. I eat plenty of fiber and I doubt adding fiber will make me not absorb almost 80g carbs. Most brand do this that have added fiber. Lenny and larry cookies, protein bars, all low calorie/carb bread and wraps. It is very deceptive.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member

Calories for one wrap
    26g carbs x 4 = 96
    8g protein x 4 = 32
    2g fat x 9 = 18
    total= 146 calories

They do the "net carb" thing where they subtract the fiber from the carbs. I don't believe this at all. I eat plenty of fiber and I doubt adding fiber will make me not absorb almost 80g carbs. Most brand do this that have added fiber. Lenny and larry cookies, protein bars, all low calorie/carb bread and wraps. It is very deceptive.

Quest does the same thing
  • PAPYRUS3
    edited June 2021
    VegjoyP wrote: »

Calories for one wrap
    26g carbs x 4 = 96
    8g protein x 4 = 32
    2g fat x 9 = 18
    total= 146 calories

Quest does the same thing

no wonder no one 'knows' how to read food labels correctly! I'm just mad now...or maybe I'm just not with it🤣
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited June 2021
    Isn’t the FDA supposed to be watching that?
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    edited June 2021

Oh geez, I wonder what other foods are doing this that I may be eating and entering in my diary! Argggh
  • work_again
    work_again Posts: 125 Member
    Bourbon
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member

There is a huge amount of Grey and questionable labeling the FDA allows and gets by. My biggest agrovationis Muscle Milk. It says dairy free buy it is from WHEY! WHEY IS FROM MILK!!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    These I recently found. my favorite wraps in LARGE size!!!!! I always got the small 45-50 calorie ones before. Way better than tumaros they are massive (see hand for size reference) and only I 80! Calories!! Sooo soft. My new favorites.4bq6kbn4s9ej.jpeg
    2javw14e01es.jpeg
    f0cp5fh3dupt.jpeg
    0b3075tml2l6.jpeg

Noreen, Carb Smart are big ones and only 45 calories. And to me they taste just like regular tortillas. I honestly can’t taste a difference. They make great wraps.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    Dang y’all made me pull out a pack to confirm. We shop at Lidl. They’re selling La Banderita which is a popular local brand. Not sure if they’re sold all over.

But 45 cal per piece. And no tricky “1/2” servings or anything.

Omg this photo makes my hands look liverish!!!!! Isn’t that how they say is the best way to tell a woman’s age?!

r296xh3hgxi5.jpeg
    vrbaquud0pqn.jpeg
    uurm7bgbg0fu.jpeg

• corinasue1143
    VegjoyP wrote: »

There is a huge amount of Grey and questionable labeling the FDA allows and gets by. My biggest agrovationis Muscle Milk. It says dairy free buy it is from WHEY! WHEY IS FROM MILK!!

It has MILK in the name! I didn’t realize they advertised dairy free.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited June 2021
    Dang y’all made me pull out a pack to confirm. We shop at Lidl. They’re selling La Banderita which is a popular local brand. Not sure if they’re sold all over.

But 45 cal per piece. And no tricky “1/2” servings or anything.

Omg this photo makes my hands look liverish!!!!! Isn’t that how they say is the best way to tell a woman’s age?!

r296xh3hgxi5.jpeg
    vrbaquud0pqn.jpeg
    uurm7bgbg0fu.jpeg

No I buy those too! The ones I posted are double the size of the regular small ones (carb smart and ole Mexican). The small ones of both brands are the same size and 45-50 calories. I buy the mini carb counter white ones (in your pic) and the mini ole Mexican ones. These new ones I found are massive burrito sized.
  • corinasue1143
    Same deal though. 89 calories.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Same deal though. 89 calories.

I am now doing a further calculation on items that I purchase labeled 'no/lower carb'...I guess if the fibre (non-soluble only? does this apply to soluble fibre as well?) results in a lower calorie amount that the body 'counts' - it's a good 'deal'...but this labeling 'thing' is just maddening!

...and that 'Muscle Milk' dairy free is TOTALLY just wrong. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot!
    Most individuals that are seeking out specific ingredients in the foods they consume normally check out the labels, etc.,

I'm sure they have had many, many complaints and comments!

• kirbyderb71
    kirbyderb71 Posts: 10 Member
    Chickpeas and tahini
  • PAPYRUS3
    Chickpeas and tahini

oh yum...do you mix them together? (cause I would lol!)