WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning ladies
    We have heat warnings today,so have to bring Dan to work at 7 and pick up Homer and will stay cool today,wonder if my daughter will text me to pick up Taliah from school,they have an early dismissal.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,578 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    I'm still standing....Thank you to all who were worried. I'm doing okay.

Tomorrow will make one week since Bruce passed. It would have also been his 77th birthday. So, my niece and her partner will be coming over for a casual celebration of life. I have selected many old photos and displayed them in the niche next to our fireplace. She will bring the food.

The other thing I did was pull together some of his most loved t-shirts and sent them to someone who will assemble them into a quilt. That project brought forward lots of smiles and streams of tears. It's still hard to believe he is not coming back to his chair, the dinner table or our bed.

I'm keeping busy addressing a long list of deferred maintenance in our home and my battered body. Got teeth cleaned, massage done, deck cleaned off and flowers planted in the pots. Worked out 3x in the pool, which felt fantastic. I still find myself a little lost as I try to figure out what to do with all the time on my hands. Eventually I will get back to a rhythm and routine that is productive and fulfilling. Right now, just going with the flow.

Much love to you all.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Take your time… having gone through this, you are much more productive than I was. Here for you should you ever need to talk
  • pipcd34
    dkginger wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Eeeee

What do all the letters mean Pip?

Just something to mark my spot, no other reason
  • pipcd34
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Sat BP, dog group, called C, prepped veggies for fellowship. Sun church.
    Bonus: Sat: up hill from HB with T, called R. Sun picnic prep help.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, board meeting minutes, call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Joyful June:
    5- Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down: Joe’s consciously positive attitude, good neighbors, God’s own good time.
    6-Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings: that was yesterday climbing windswept up the hill.

Welcome @Shanda_Jean!
    Lisa ((hugs)) and SMH at rx “sent” May 29 not yet received June 5. Foo.
    Allie ((hugs)) and SMH at the fax received but not “found.” Foo.
    Carol ((hugs)) and sorry to hear that the two pre-cataract procedures might each be painful for a few days. Fingers X’d for quick painless recovery and cataract surgery scheduled for early September ;)
    Pip :love: ;your patio lights and water feature. That milk can update is v. sophisticated. Sold the loveseat chair and pillows? The gingham ones you just bought and cleaned?
    KJ thrilling track meet, blessing you had the ice pack, and Hooray for Tim!!!
    Terri “…as my daughter is relearning her boat skills” ?
    Barbie hope the joy of dancing outweighs any shock or awkwardness.
    Margaret Joe always reminds me to fill when tank gets to half empty, both for fuel pump, fuel quality and for disaster prep. When the earthquake hits it will take out the two bridges that connect our county to the rest of the world and we’ll be on our own for weeks. Thanks for the reminder about preventative maintenance, need to get in for an oil change Tuesday.
    Annie congratulations!
    Heather I can feel the joy of your meetup with the grands. Looks like a very very fun time at last. Safe travels.
    Welcome @dgarlick1 in Southern New England! Beautiful lilacs!
    Ginger back on track! Yes!!!
    Katla I’m excited for your visit with daughter and grands. Enjoy!
    Sue in WA electrical brush fire in the rain, yikes!
    Machka that return to school sounds just right.
    Rori ((hugs)) “laughter and streams of tears… hard to believe…” my heart aches for you. ((hugs))
    Welcome @candysashab88 Marie from the N. Coast of California! How far north? Ft. Bragg? Eureka? We’re 35 mi north of Crescent City.

Made it up the hill from Harris Beach and only had to stop twice to catch my breath. Boy was it windy! As I was getting ready to take Shadow to dog group I saw our neighbor (and water system expert) coming up the drive with a HUGE black water tank on the back of his truck. Woo HOO! What a good surprise. Worth missing the first half of dog group. Means our water system upgrade WILL happen this year. Halelujah! We were commenting about the ferocious winds the past two months and he said it’s the windiest it’s been in the 30+ years he’s lived here. Today, instead of coming home and writing up the fire district board meeting minutes I chose to go to the church picnic at the pastor’s house celebrating his 70th birthday (may he never want to retire.) He built their house, raised bed gardens and green house where she has everything from asparagus to zucchini. I told her she tempted me to sin-coveting her greenhouse. She even foisted a zucchini plant off onto me so now I have to get out in the garden, water the potatoes, thin the apples and transplant the zuke… AFTER doing those doggoned minutes.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 6, weigh/wii: 6/0/0; steps>6362=Sat:9372! Sun: 3715, vits=5, log=6, CI<CO=6, CI<250<CO=3, Tumble=5, Shadow=8 mfp=6, outside=8, up hill=7, clean 10=2.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue: LD=1 Wed: TC=1 PW=1 Thurs: PW=1 Fri: TC=1 Sat: PW=1, rX x4=1.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12: 6/20: 6/27: 6/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=3 play= sew=

2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

No the original navy blue ones that we had bought when we moved into the apartment 7ggj7stck1zw.jpeg
    hjm938b7r7e2.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    4am here, having coffee, going camping again, will leave this morning
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Ginny, you sound very grounded in your decision to retire.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Hi all, hope you are well. We had summery weather last weekend, and today it's warm too. I got my 2nd jab Saturday and have been pretty tired since. That's not original I know! I planned to lay low Saturday evening, and did so. I met a friend for a walk on Sunday late afternoon and was most definitely dragging. today I'm dragging too. I'm supposed to meet a friend for meal out (outside seating only so far)... Bought some cloth to hide books in bookshelves and replace cloth on trundle bed. this one is better. Started working on a manual project today.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    It's a rainy day in Georgia and we need it! :)

Carol
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Yoga this morning & a visit to the stationary bike. Yesterday I washed guest room sheets and made the bed for our daughter’s visit. I’m excited to see her. She has been upset about her weight. I hope to show her MFP if she is interested but won’t push it. She will be 42 in July.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🙂🌻💛
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member

Lisa: ~ 😧 Ongoing health problems 👩‍🌾 Glad that all? your produce sold at the farmer's market.

Penny: 😍 WOW! Half Marathon!

Julie: ~ You seem to have got your Mojo back. It's good to hear you feeling so positive.

Ginny: ~I understand that feeling of peace when you make the decision to retire.

Barbara ~ Our youngest daughter is part owner of the boat. She hasn't really had the boat out since lockdown last March as the current restrictions would not allow the Marina to open. We have been overhauling it since the Marina reopened. So now she really needs a bit of practice and to get her confidence back before she goes out on her own.

Rori ~ Our youngest daughter is part owner of the boat. She hasn't really had the boat out since lockdown last March as the current restrictions would not allow the Marina to open. So she really needs a bit of practice and to get her confidence back before she goes out on her own. I admire how you are coping with the loss of Bruce. Your feelings are normal after your intense few years caring for him. I love the idea of the quilt from his tshirts. Much love dear girl. Lean on us whenever you feel the need.

Mike want my advise on something in the garden so must stop here. (Pg 13)

Back later. 💕💖💕
  • pipcd34
    Eeeeeee
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Allie we are in a heat warning too. I am watering our lawn every other day. Some of my plants need it twice a day. We have sandy soil. Son's clay so the lawn is doing better over there. I also try to do cleaning and other things on list in the morning and just reating in afternoon.

Getting last blind put into son's home today. It had to be reordered. It came too short. Their fault for not following measurements. Time to get ready to go!