Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Another good workout with Lindsey, this one did incorporate cardio in each circuit. Again it was 40 seconds on, 20 seconds off. Split Strong 35 Upper Body Push, and this one was all the push muscles. Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. The cardio that she did incorporated each muscle that was just worked.

Laurel, Great workouts along with a nice walk. Got to love it when you can go outside and enjoy the sunshine without getting having to deal with the sweat. We actually have been putting on sweat shirts for our morning walks, it is just nippy enough. Boy do I know that feeling of looking at something and just needing to change it to what you really want. That is what started me off a few years ago with getting our front yard looking better. It amazes me how fast all of my flowers have been starting to take over. ;)

Thelma, Love the sound of your step workout, and of course following that up with some yoga. Glad that you also where able to enjoy another beautiful day. Lindsey really does a good job on the lower body work, I'm feeling it today. You are right I do need to get that quilt finished. I am planning on doing something on a block tonight, I feel like doing some quilting. The one good thing, this one is quilt as you go so I only have a 18" block to deal with.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Metabolic Circuit followed by Cathe Live Cardio, Barre and Core Meltdown. Both were pretty moderate in intensity, and they felt great. My body is enjoying this recovery week right now. :)

Thelma, great workouts. Our weather yesterday was about as good as it gets in June in Alabama. DH and I just went for a walk and today isn’t far different. The break in the humidity also made a huge difference in my workouts, which is nice. I know it won’t last so I am enjoying it while I can. I won’t do anything to the Meso 2 rotation, and will wait three to four weeks to see how we feel before deciding what to do about Meso 3. I know for certain, though, that I am going to love doing these recovery weeks every third week. I love these weeks.

Laurie, sounds like another great workout. We won’t see cool mornings again until fall, so I am a little jealous you are still in sweatshirts in the morning. While I love warm days, I also love cool nights….which we don’t quite get here in the summer. But it certainly isn’t close to being as warm as Florida at night or, worse yet….Phoenix. There is something about hearing ‘the low tonight is 99’ that always made me cringe when I was there visiting my Mom. Anyhow, I think one of the things that really got me looking at our garden this year is all the walks DH and I take through the neighborhood. The neighborhood is fairly new so the gardens get more mature every year….including ours. And I have realized they should have fired whoever they hired to do the landscaping. :# The biggest issue is they put way too many plants in which was great when they were small. But, now, almost every garden looks crowded and unkept, even when it isn’t. And I wanted to get ours done before the plants had grown so big we would have issues removing them. It is a shame because I don’t like pulling out healthy plants. But they probably weren’t going to stay healthy with all the crowding over time. Both DH and I are so much happier with it now.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,494 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workout on Wednesday was ICE Metabolic Total Body.

Today was totally different than my normal days. A friend offered to work with me on my shooting skills and I spent about 5 hours with her today. Just two girls in the middle of the forest. We talked for a while, had a lot of fun and I did my best shooting ever after she showed me a better way (for women) to hold a gun. She was very supportive and all about safety. I'm becoming a country girl ladies! LOL
    Her back is a totally disaster and she lives in constant pain but I did talk exercise with her and I might just get her to do a little low impact cardio.

It's a good thing I have a SUV because getting to the house wasn't easy. The road was bumpy and narrow. I cringed every time I heard the sticks scratch my car!

I was exhausted when I got home. Don't ask me why. Maybe because I was standing for a long time and maybe I was mentally exhausted. I took a little rest, then dragged my tired body downstairs to do my metabolic workout. I LOVE that workout!
    DH and I will be playing a little pickleball tomorrow afternoon.

Our temps dropped into the 50's on Tuesday night so Wed was another glorious day.

My little gardenia bush is full of buds and FINALLY one is white; which means it will open up in the next day or two! I can't wait!

Laurie, I love the sounds of that workout! Great job!
    Do you think you'll be able to finish your DD's quilt before her move?
    How are your parents doing Laurie? I hope your dad has been able to receive his PT treatment.

Laurel, great workouts. I ran out of gas and couldn't get to do Barre today. I am loving this recovery week and my body needed it.

I'm glad you're also enjoying this nice weather! This nice weather won't last that's for sure. I learned today that our rainy season is in Feb and March but I remember that it usually rains more around here at this time of the year too.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited June 2021
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was RAW Boxing Finisher followed by Lindsey's Split Strong 35 Power Yoga. Overall the yoga workout was good, but she really moved faster than I can. :D

Laurel, Love the workouts! Totally understand the need to remove the over growth of landscaping. We didn't have that problem, but most of our bushes died because they didn't like being under the walnut trees. One would think that a landscaper would know what type of bushes would survive under certain trees. Oh well, I managed to find a solution to the problem. Can't even imagine evening temps that high. I really enjoy these cool evenings, but they are going to change after today. We are getting some storms and the humidity. :p

Thelma, Got to love that workout! So glad that you where able to get some pointers on shooting from a female perspective. I hope that your friend is able to do some workouts. I know that Kelly's friend Sammy (in quite a few of the workouts) just recently had back surgery, and she also has a pace maker. She just adjusts the workouts for what she can do. Dang on the driveway experience, hope your SUV didn't have to many scratches. I don't know if I will be able to get the quilt done by August. I'm doing some hand quilting on it, so probably not. My parents are doing okay. Dad just this week had to go back to the hospital in Duluth, because he had a UTI. My mom is looking to see if a different nursing home has a space open for him. She really doesn't like this place at all. Hope your pickleball was fun.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! For today’s workout, I did a lot of Peloton workouts. :D I did a 20 minute Tabata spin into a 30 minute Climb spin into a 5 minute cool down spin into a 10 minute core class and, finally, into 20 minutes of yoga. It all felt good today.

Thelma, yay on the shooting lesson! But I completely understand being tired from it! I know I would have been. But great job getting the workout in. I hope your SUV isn’t scratched up. Our gardenia has been blooming for a few weeks, and I love it. I just wish the blooms lasted a little longer, but they are so beautiful.

Laurie, power yoga is no joke, especially if you are unfamiliar with what the instructor is doing. I remember the first time I did a power yoga class I was thinking ‘you have got to be kidding!!’ I am more used to them now, but only do Kristin’s power yoga since I am so familiar with her yoga pattern. I am sorry to hear your Dad isn’t doing as well as hoped, but I sure will hope your Mom can get him moved to a place she is comfortable with. This has to be horrible for her. I am also sorry to hear the humidity is returning your way. Ours is too, especially if we see any of that tropical storm creep through this weekend.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Zumba and Pickleball. I never to do my yoga workout because when we got home DH offered to help me with some gardening and by the time we finished I'd lost my momentum.

Pickleball went well except that they have summer camp going at the recreation center and there were like 100 screaming kids there. I went out of my mind so I we only stayed for one hour. I felt that my ears were going to explode. The indoor part of the center is made up of 4 basketball courts which are also used for pickleball and volleyball. We were on one court and the kids on the others. There's only a heavy curtain dividing the courts. There were kids running all over the place and some didn't stay out of our court which was distracting. This goes on all day long at the center during summer camp season apparently! OMG! I think there were mostly girls which explain all the screaming. They were cute and sweet though. They helped us pick up our runaway balls.

My little gardenia opened up today and it also died today! Do they have such short lives? This was a little flower and didn't look rose like. It looked more like Jasmin flower. I have lots of buds so I hope our deck will smell amazing when they open up. It didn't have a strong scent though.

Laurie, great workouts. Power yoga is hard! Sounds like the class was too advanced for you; which is what happened to me when I tried a Peloton yoga class.

I knew I needed to have a woman help me with my shooting. I never had her help me even do she is an awesome marksman because her husband does the instruction for beginners given that that was his job as a police officer.
    I am hoping to start my friend with Jessica Smith or Gina B. I think Kelly would be too intimidating for her. Internet speed my be a problem there though. The town she lives in has really bad service and here you don't have the luxury of switching providers. Video streaming may not be possible there due to download speed. I certainly didn't have phone reception there. 42% of people in our county don't have adequate internet service and it doesn't sound like they will any time soon.
    I didn't look at my SUV when I got home. I hope it wasn't really scratched.

We're going out to dinner with some friends tomorrow, on Saturday more planting and if it doesn't rain, we'll go to the weekly shooting party at our friends' range.

Sorry your dad had to be taken to the hospital due a UTI. I'm glad they're both doing OK otherwise. Is he still in the hospital? I hope your mom is able to find him another nursing home.

Laurel, WOW! That was Peloton marathon! Great job!!

The shooting lesson was great. I always felt that I needed a female instructor so I am glad this lady is so generous with her time and offered to help me.
    I have no idea if my car is scratched. I never looked at it when I got home and since it's stored in the garage I didn't remember to look at it.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited June 2021
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Split Strong 35 Legs & Glutes. Same as the other workouts with the circuits and the amount 40/20 aspect. I really really liked this workout, so would recommend trying it if you every feel the need for something different.

Looking forward to this weekend. I have some gardening to do, which I'm hoping to get done early tomorrow morning before the heat starts. After that I want to do some catching up on my squares and of course getting some of quilting done on dd's quilt.

Laurel, Nice workouts! I'm one of those that likes the Power Yoga that isn't really fast, so Kristin and Eoin are usually my go to people. Their pace is one that I'm familiar with and can keep the pace. :D Even her mentor Chris Freytag is more my pace. Oh well, that will teach me that I'm probably not going to do yoga with Lindsey. :D We had a thunderstorm early this morning, and you can feel the humidity already. A branch on our black walnut tree broke, so I guess that I will not be banging my head on that when I'm working in the rock garden around it. :D We are all praying that Mom is able to get Dad in the new place, she must better information on their care vs. the one that he is in now.

Thelma, Oh my on the screaming kids. That is one thing that I can't deal with either. I always taught my dd's that you don't scream unless their is something major happening to you. I think that Zumba and Pickleball where a great workout, but dang on not getting to the yoga. Like I said to Laurel, I think I'm sticking with the instructors that I enjoy doing yoga with. Her pace was at a very crazy speed. Yes, Dad is still in the hospital and probably will be for a while longer. I hope that you are able to get out to do more shooting this weekend. ;)

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Cathe Live PHA—No Repeats. This one was filmed last week and was Cathe’s first class filmed and presented live since her eye surgery AND first class filmed and presented live with a class in 15 months. And while it was good, it certainly did not have the usual PHA intensity. But I loved that it didn’t repeat exercises, so I will do this one again for days where I want to do a less intense PHA. Anyhow, I followed it with Cathe Live Cardio Core Blast, which is always fun.

Thelma, great workouts. I am with you on screaming kids. On one hand, I love that kids are playing and having fun and doing something physical. On the other hand….I can’t take screaming. :# I am sorry to hear you may have a summer of that. Anyhow, our gardenia flowers are around for only a day or two, so they don’t last long at all. But they are beautiful, and, like yours, it has a lot of buds and keeps budding, so it is worth it.

Laurie, sounds like yet another great workout. I love her 40/20 focus. That kind of structure really appeals to me. I hope it doesn’t get too hot for you when you are gardening, especially with the humidity. I suppose if it is, you can always go to the basement and quilt. :D

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Our weekend was incredibly busy and now I feel like a need another weekend.

The flower planters on the deck looked all tired and old so I bought new plants. Lots of them because I like mixed planters. We've been doing a few each day since Friday. We finished today. My Gardenia is in full bloom now. The deck smells sooo good! The flowers for some reason wilt at night and revive in the morning! The Hydrangea is also in full bloom.

We spent Saturday afternoon cleaning the screened porch because it was covered in pollen. DH did most of the work. I cleaned/washed the furniture and the floor. We still have to do the rest of the house. Lots of logs and floor to ceiling windows, more furniture and floors!

We decided to adopt/rescue a tiny 12 lb. dog named Chico, so we've been preparing for his arrival on Thursday afternoon.
    I'm concerned about the cats not accepting Chico so we'll be working with the cats and Chico to make sure they become a happy family. My emotions are all over the place about adopting Chico. if the cats go crazy I will be seriously stressed out.

We had torrential rain on Saturday night.

My workout on Friday was S&S PHA.
    Sunday Gina B Low Impact as a warm up and STS Meso 2, Disc 13 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Extended Stretch. Phase 2 is a lot better than Phase 1.

BTW, my car was scratched. The entire passenger side! We'd just had those doors painted and a couple of weeks ago because I had scratched it on a wall while parking. My heart broke when I saw the scratches. DH surprised me this morning with scratch free doors! He bought some car detail spray and the scratches came out! Obviously, the scratches weren't deep. I was so happy that he'd found a solution for my car.

Laurie, great workout. I am really going to have to try those workouts during a rest week.

I'm sorry your dad is still in the hospital. I hope he'll recover soon and that your mom can find him a new nursing home. Continued healing prayers going your dad's way.

Thank God for mom's like you who teach their children to not scream.
    No shooting this weekend or next. We decided we needed to clean the outside of the house than go shooting.

Laurel, that PHA workout sounds really good! Cathe posted a picture of her and her mom on FB last week. Cathe looks like her mom!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can't stand screaming kids!

Have a great week Ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very productive weekend. It rained early on Saturday morning, but as soon as it was clear up I was outside pulling some weeds. It was a wet process, because the trees where still dripping water on me. I did that until 11, and then showered and headed into my basement to quilt. I didn't work on dd's quilt, but got a really good chunk of my mom's quilt done. Yep, I am multitasking with my quilts. I did get a workout in on Sunday, and then more quilting. :D

My workout on Sunday was 30MTF Super Sculpt W1, and this morning was 30MTF BoxFit W1. I guess that Kelly is a bigger draw for me than what I thought. Needed some boxing in my week. ;) I'm thinking of mixing Kelly, Cathe and Jessica for my next rotation. Kelly for the boxing and Cathe and Jessica for the cardio & weights. That might be fun.

Laurel, Nice that you have a PHA workout that you can turn to on those less intense days. Great job on your workouts! Was it a little different with the live class vs. the just Cathe? Not doing Kelly's workouts for a week, I did notice that my pooch was coming back. Figure that one out, it sure did make me ask what the heck! I so wanted to do the workouts that Lindsey created, but I may have to put them in periodically in my rotation, and not as a single instructor rotation. I do like the 40/20 aspect also, so will have to see how I can incorporate them.

Thelma, Oh boy on your new adoption, I really really hope that your cats love Chico! I am of course a huge dog lover. Your Gardenia's sound beautiful and of course fragrant. Sounds like you had a busy but production weekend. Great job on your workouts! So glad to hear that the scratches on your vehicle came out, I'm sure that is a relief. Thanks for the prayers on my Dad, I was able to talk to him on Saturday. Just enough to wish him a Happy Birthday and Father's Day.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was very nice. On Saturday, despite rain in the forecast from the tropical storm moving through, we went out to play golf. If was wonderful because it was cloudy and a little cooler….and we didn’t get rain until the 16th hole. And it wasn’t even a heavy rain so we were able to finish. It rained the rest of the evening but, thankfully, we avoided the floods that happened not too far south of here. Yesterday we got back in the garden and, once again, tried to find a way of preventing squirrels from getting to the bird feeder. I haven’t seen one on there yet today, so we might have found a solution. We have two feeders….one squirrel proof and the other not….and the birds prefer the latter. :| But they will eat out of the other one if they need to so we leave it up. Anyhow, we also put down more pine straw where we had planted the new bushes and put in the elephant bench and replaced some more bushes in another garden area. And then I trimmed all of our existing bushes. It was tiring because the heat and humidity were up, but there was enough left in us to finish another 3000 piece puzzle before dinner. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did LITE Cardio Party into 30 minutes of power yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was Cathe Live Iron Legs, the core work from Muscle Endurance and a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton. And today was Meso 2, Disc 13/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by Cathe Live Cardio Boxing plus Stability Ball Abs. And I agree wholeheartedly with Thelma….Meso 2 is already WAY better than Meso 1. B)

Thelma, great workouts. Sounds like a very busy weekend. Cleaning up all that pollen is no fun whatsoever, that’s for sure. Our poor little gardenia is about at the end of its blooming cycle I think. I makes me sad because it is so beautiful. But the plant itself is still very pretty, even without the blooms, so it will sit on my porch until it can’t. I am sorry your car was scratched but glad you were able to get them out. Some of that scratch repair stuff is amazing. Congratulations on the new rescue pup. No doubt this will be quite a transition for both you, the cats and little Chico. I hope it all works out for you.

Laurie, sounds like a nice blend of activities this weekend. I bet it felt good to get some gardening in done, even if it is was little wet. :) About returning to Kelly, you won’t find me criticizing you for that. I have worked out primarily with one instructor for 23 years! I am a creature of workout habits. :# But a rotation of Jessica, Cathe and Kelly sounds fun. Cathe Live was different with the class, but I also think it was different because Cathe hadn’t been teaching for awhile. Because she had been teaching alone for so long, she had started cuing to the viewers ‘right’ and ‘left’ like she does in her videos. When she has a class, she cues to hers and their right and left. Anyhow, there was that for Cathe to remember. But what I noticed more than anything is that there were times she just forgot to cue, which is very unusual for Cathe….even live. But I think her mind was all over the place with the class and figuring out what she could and couldn’t do because of her eye. She mentioned one time when she was demonstrating pull-overs that she wasn’t supposed to lie on her back too long, so clearly all of that had to be running through her head. But the class itself all looked like they hadn’t missed a beat, and that was so good to see.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Spin, LIS Yoga Relax premix2 and a little core work. I was feeling tired today and certainly felt sunday's workout on my pecs, triceps and shoulders!

We are having torrential rain tonight. We didn't think it would rain because we had a beautiful sunny day. At about 6PM the sky turned very dark and it started to rain soon after that.

Did you get Cathe's e-letter with a preview video clip for her new band workouts? It looked fantastic! There were some of the same moves we do with weights; which will be interesting to do with bands.

Laurie, you also had a productive weekend! I didn't realize you were also working on your mom's quilt! Great workouts. Kelly's boxing workouts are a lot of fun so I can see why you went back to her workouts.

I love what you're doing on your next rotation! I really think it will be fun!

I hope everything goes well with our cats. she is going to give me the little bed he sleeps in at night so he has something familiar with him. DH is besides himself with excitement. His face lights up every time he talks about Chico.

I'm so happy you got to talk to your dad to wish him a Happy Birthday and a Father's Day!

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice weekend! Saturday was a perfect day to be outdoors. I'm glad you got rain too. I hadn't heard about the floods!

We have this stand for our bird feeders. The squirrels can't get past the metal baffle. They actually end up inside the baffle.

https://tinyurl.com/4jvpwv7w

There are also metal baffles called 'torpedo' that you can guy for an existing stand. As long as you don't place your pole under a tree or near a place where squirrels can jump onto it, you'll be safe. These are racoon proof too. We also feed the squirrels on the ground. They still try to go up the pole though.
    Good job with the garden work and the 3000 part puzzle!
    Great workouts!

Thanks for the good wishes for our dog rescue adventure! I am feeling the stress. I shouldn't be projecting that the cats will freak out. I need to relax because cats can sense everything.

Are you going to be able to save your gardenia during the winter Laurel?

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was Jessica's Walk Strong Boost Metabolism + Muscle Total Body. I think this rotation will be a good one, because I really enjoyed working with Jessica again. Of course I really like this workout also. Talk about a sweaty mess, well this one delivered.

Laurel, Nice that you where able to get in a round of golf before the rain got going good. I'm impressed that you where out in that heat and humidity doing yard work. But you really did get a lot done. Great job on all your workouts! LOL on the squirrel problem. I have given up on the bird feeders. We don't have a squirrel problem, ours is raccoons. They just break the dang feeder, and take it with them. :o You are going through those puzzles fast, you may want to try getting some from goodwill. :D I'm planning on incorporating Jessica's circuit/interval workouts and Cathe for the total body weight work. I think that will be a good way to incorporate them into my boxing. I have missed both of those instructors, but really do enjoy Kelly's workouts too. Interesting on Cathe and her class, I'm sure it will be a little while before she is comfortable with everything again. I didn't know that she couldn't lay on her back for an extended period.

Thelma, Awesome job on your workouts! Guess we all are getting some rain this week, we really did need it. Only problem is now DH will have to go mow the lawn. Yep I've got about 4 quilts going right now. My Mom's, oldest dd's, youngest dd's and I'm working through some squares to improve my sewing of small things. Those may end up as pot holders. I also have plans for a patriotic quilt for myself. :) Nice that Chico will have something familiar, that will help a lot. I just bet that Chico and your DH will be besties! ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin and 45 minutes of yoga. The spin was split into 2 30 minute sections, about an hour apart, because we had a guy come and do maintenance on our HVAC units. But the first 30 minutes felt so good I wasn’t quite ready for it to be done. That is always a good feeling.

Thelma, great workouts. Like you I feel my upper body today for sure. We had the same rain yesterday….just poured buckets here for awhile. But I think we are supposed to dry out now. Thank you for the squirrel recommendations. We have our feeder suspended between two trees, which is how we keep the raccoons away from it. Now DH has figured out a way of keeping the squirrels off the rope leading to the feeder. But we discovered today it is still low enough they can jump on from the bottom. But we can raise it because DH has designed a section so I can pull the feeder down to my height and feed the birds. It has turned into an engineering project for DH. :D I saw the videos of the new workouts and agree they look fantastic. I might try to keep the gardenia this winter if it continues to look so healthy. We have kept a bougainvillea through the last two winters in our spare bedroom and it blooms all winter long. I don’t think the gardenia would bloom, but it might live.

Laurie, great workout. Jessica is always great to workout with. We have pretty good raccoon problems as well, but we have managed to get the bird feeders out of their grasp. But we keep our bird food inside a plastic bin inside another plastic bin….and the raccoon living behind us has eaten through a good part of the outer bin. Right now we have to covered in duct tape, and we have learned the while raccoons will eat almost everything…..duct tape isn’t something they enjoy. :D I love the sound of your new workout plan! I think you will get the best from all three instructors.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Zumba, Pickleball and STS Meso2 Disc 14-Legs, Stretch. My legs are going to be sore tomorrow! I really liked this STS Leg workout.

Laurie, great workout! I love those sweaty workouts!

We definitely got some rain here! The grass seems to grow 2 inches after it rains!
    I can't believe you have 4 quilts going! Wow! I LOVE the idea of a patriotic quilt! I've always wanted something like that.

I ordered Chico's food through Chewy and it was due to arrive today. It never came and Chewy was notified that the food was delivered. It's nowhere to be found! They will resend the order at no cost but I doubt it will be here by Thursday. I hope the lost food shows up tomorrow. I was able to find one of the dry foods he eats locally but that was about it! I'm going to have to ask his foster mom to give me some of her food. I feel bad asking her for that.

Laurel, great workouts!!

We won't be getting any rain for a while now. OMG too funny about your DH turning the squirrel problem into an engineering project! I love it!

How big is your bougainvillea now? You're lucky to have one of those. They are so pretty. I would think you could save the gardenia over the winter Laurel.
    BTW, we're going to the Mennonite farm on Saturday. Let me know if you need anything.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I just had to go through over an hour long update on my computer. This morning my workout was 30MTF Super Sculpt Workout 2. Good workout, and I was sweating buckets.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts despite the interruption. Interesting that racoons do not like duct tape. I'm still going to avoid the bird feeders, because if the racoons don't get to them the deer will. I think that I'm going to enjoy the rotation. I just have to figure out which of the full body workout I want to do. For sure the Giant Sets, that one always gets me good.

Thelma, Love the workouts and of course pickleball. The patriotic quilt is going to be very cool. The designer has a shop here in Wisconsin, and is doing this quilt as a quilt along. So each week we get a new square for the star portion of the block. The stripes are the same on each of the blocks. I'm behind on that one, but I'm taking a half hour when I get home tonight to do some fabric cutting. Dang on the food order not showing up. I hope that it shows up at some point, they probably delivered it to the wrong place. Don't worry about asking the foster mom, she will understand.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 14/Legs followed by Cathe Live Mixed Impact HiiT and Abs and a 15 minute Peloton stretch focused on hips. My legs are feeling that workout already. :) But I love these Meso 2 leg workouts.

Thelma, great workouts! I am sorry to hear about the dog food order. I agree with Laurie that Chico’s foster mom will understand you asking for some of her food so don’t worry about asking. The bougainvillea hasn’t gotten too large. We put it in a bigger pot last summer, and it still works in that pot. I just love that it blooms all of the time. Thank you so much for offering to get me something from the Mennonites! I think I am good right now. DH and I are planning a trip to Tennessee soon, so I should be able to get my sorghum syrup. But that is so nice of you to offer. Thank you!

Laurie, great workout. But an hour long computer update? That makes for a long hour for sure. The only problem with Cathe’s total body workouts is they have a tendency to be very long, but I suppose that is what premixes are for. :) I still think Muscle Max is one of her better total body workouts as well as STS Total Body….,but that one uses a lot of equipment. I have really grown to appreciate Flex Train recently for a good high rep, light weight workout.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workout today was a Gina B low impact workout. I was tired again after shooting practice. I came home at 1pm, did a little cardio, took a shower and out we went to meet little Chico. It went well. He was very comfortable with us and we sat at the curve in the parking lot where Chico was with his foster mom. Chico jumped onto DH's lap 3 minutes after meeting him. So cool.
    Chico's foster mom is a very sweet lady. She did a great job teaching to trust humans gain. she'd warned that he was still crying when being picked up. I went to pick up up and he cried like I'd hit him. OMG how can people be so cruel? Some evil human abused that poor baby horribly.

I found Chico's food at our neighbor's this morning so we are good!

Laurie, great workout! I don't miss those long computer updates at all!

OMG, what a wonderful experience to do the quilt along! !s it done via zoom?

Laurel, great workouts! That leg workout is sooo good!

I'm so glad I didn't need to ask Chico's foster mom for food but she was actually ready to give me some food.

How nice that the bougainvillea is not a fast grower!
    We have a pair of Wrens building a nest on a begonia that I have by one a window next to our front door. We've been watching those little hard workers build their nest. The cats are loving it too. Pretty soon I won't be able to water the plant anymore. I watered half the plant today while the parents to be weren't there. I had DH use a flashlight to guide me as to where i could water without bothering the nest. We were able to see the entrance to the nest too.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

My workout was 30MTF BoxFit Workout 2, again a good one.

Laurel, Awesome job on your workouts! Got to love those workouts that you really do feel long after you are done with them. I usually get reminded when I have been sitting for a while, and then attempt to get out of the chair. :D Yep that was my thought on Cathe's total body workouts. I'm still doing some thinking on this one. Those Total Body workouts may have to be done on the weekends, or I change it to one day upper & one day lower and use the Perfect 30 workouts. I can always add on the 15 min. boxing workouts of Kelly's. 45 min. is still within my window for a morning workout.

Thelma, Great job on your workout, but dang on the soreness from shooting practice. That will improve over time I'm sure. So happy to hear that the meet and greet went well with Chico, and that you found his food. I bet your DH was full of smiles having Chico jump into his lap. I agree that it is a shame that people abuse animals. Rocket is a wonderful dog, but his reaction to strangers is sometimes way to aggressive. The quilt along is via youtube, and she has the instructions on her blog.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin, the ab work from Pure Strength Legs and Glutes and 30 minute of quad focused yoga with Kristin McGee. Boy are my legs feeling the STS workout from yesterday! The yoga was fantastic relief.

Thelma, great workouts! I am glad the meeting with Chico went well and you found his food. Animal abuse absolutely breaks my heart. There are few beings more trusting and loving in this world than dogs, and it boggles the mind to think what some people do to them. I hope he can find some peace in your home. I absolutely love watching birds nest! It is such a unique process. And speaking of birds, DH and I were on the deck last night and a little hummingbird flew right up to us to feed from one of our flowering plants! He was no more than two feet away and stayed for quite awhile. That was an unexpected treat, especially since we see so few of them this year.

Laurie, great workout. Thank you for reminding me a few weeks back about the core work from Pure Strength Legs and Glutes. It was perfect for me today because I wanted no planks! B) About Cathe Total Body workouts, I am sure you have already thought of this, but I think both S&S PHA and Lite PHA 2 would qualify, and they are right in that 45 minute range. I always forget them when I think of Cathe’s strength work because she classifies them as ‘metabolic’. But the S&S PHA uses heavy enough weight for me to definitely feel it is strength training, and I feel that way about PHA 2 with the right weight. But upper and lower works too. :) Those Perfect 30 workouts are just so good.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel