Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,507 Member
    edited June 2021
    Hi Ladies, my only workout today was STS Meso2 Disc 15 Back & Biceps. For a change I did my workout in the late morning.
    We picked up Chico at the kennel at 1:30pm and things couldn't have gone better at home with the cats. His foster mom had gotten attached to him because she's had him for two months. She cried when she took him to our truck. I was crying with her and I've been sending her pictures so that she can see Chico is doing just fine and is being loved. We put him in the big dog cage for the night. I covered it with blankets so he could relax and he's sleeping just fine.

We can tell someone used to hit him because sometimes when we try to pick him he cries and is terrified. I figured out how to pick him up so he doesn't cry. He doesn't always cry though. This little guy is cat size and he LOVES going out for walks. Two of the cats are totally fine with him, they even ate dinner together. My poor Bella though is very upset. She hisses and is nervous. I think she will relax in a few days.
    Chico didn't even react to the cats at all. I knew that was going to be the case because he lived with cats in his foster home.

We've every moment with the cats and Chico to make sure everyone is OK. I'll be getting up early to go meet a friend at the recreation center so we can walk our doggies together.

This is our little Chico
    mruf5ftbfy8o.jpg

Laurie, great workout! How fortunate that you found that quilt along because it sounds like a fun thing to do!

DH was all smiles when Chico jumped on his lap during the meet in greet. So far Chico hasn't been aggressive to either the cats or any human. How can you teach Rocket to not be so aggressive?

Laurel, what an great workout combo! It's no wonder your legs were tired!

It is heart breaking how evil some people can be to poor animals. Chico is doing great. He just wants to be with us. DH had to work this afternoon so he had to sit on the floor with his laptop tray, Chico between his legs and a cat on his side in Chico's bed! It was the sweetest thing!

OMG! How exciting about the hummingbird! You are not the only one who hasn't seen many hummingbirds. This is true for a lot of people in GA who are used to getting lots of them.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited June 2021
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was RAW Box & Squat. Great workout, it was 50/10 with boxing and then a body weight squat move. She also incorporated arm movements with the squats for a nice low impact workout.

It is scheduled to rain all weekend, so that will mean after doing some cleaning, I will be in the basement. ;)

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! I bet that yoga felt good on those sore legs. I always love a good crunch, and those workouts do have endless crunches. ;) Speaking of birds, DH and I saw an Oriole on our walk. My Mom is a huge bird watcher, so she is always pointing out birds. I guess that is why I noticed all the orange flying by. :D I did think about those PHA workouts, and like you said I remembered them as being very strength related if used with the right weight. Then again everyone says they are metabolic. I think that I have my next four weeks, and will be using the Perfect 30 workouts, only because I have not done one in a while. This will help me determine if I want to do them after this rotation.

Thelma, OMG Chico is adorable! What a cute face, and I'm so glad to hear that the majority of the cats are okay with him. I'm sure that Bella will be fine, since Chico appears to be okay with cats. Great job on your workout! Nice that you will be able to walk with your friend with the dogs. It's always good for dogs to have interaction with others. One of the things that I say to people who come to visit us is, you have to pretend that their isn't a dog looking at them. If you look at Rocket, he starts to bark. DH has a friend that I have said numerous times, that he has to ignore Rocket and he just persists in teasing him. I usually put his harness on him, and keep him by me when there are people in the house. It helps him settle down.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 15/Back and Biceps and STS No Equipment Abs followed by Cathe Live Time To HiiT It—Low Impact. Good stuff.

Thelma, great workout! And what a sweet looking pup! I am so happy to hear the transition is going well and have no doubt Bella will come around. It makes me so happy he has found a loving home with you. I love to think of your DH working surrounded by pets. So much better than co-workers. ;) Our hummingbird returned to that flowering plant again last night! We didn’t buy this plant with hummingbirds in mind, but I am so glad we have it right now. It is a Victoria Blue Salvia.

Laurie, sounds like another great workout. Orioles are such a pretty bird! I have learned more about birds since we moved to Alabama than I had in the previous 50+ years of my life. My mom loved birds but, sadly, Colorado isn’t a great place for some of the more colorful birds, so I never really saw many birds like that (outside of the zoo) until we left. But having a bird feeder has taken it to a whole new level. Enjoy your rainy weekend! :)

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was great. Our third cat Bella is doing very well with Chico. We made tremendous progress with her on Friday and she's gotten better since then. What a relief! Chico is doing very well but woke up really afraid on Saturday. It's all part of the abuse he suffered. He had a great Sunday though. The shelter gave us Chico on an trial adoption on Thursday but by Friday we knew we wanted to officially adopt him and we did! :)

We finally got some much needed rain on Sunday!

My workouts on Friday were walking, yoga and abs.
    Saturday I also walked.
    Sunday KCM RAW Boxing & Legs workout, STS Disc 13/Chest Only and stretching.

Laurie, great RAW workout!
    Chico is the cutest little thing! His foster mom has three cats and never reacted to them which it's the reason why I wanted to adopt them. He never reacted to our cats and I think it's the reason why Bella is doing so well. We barricaded ourselves in our open open concept kitchen/living/dining area with the cats and Chico to work with Bella. By the time we were done 1.5 hours later she had realized that she was loved and that Chico wasn't even paying attention to her! LOL
    Too funny about Rocket barking at guest if they look at him. Chico doesn't really bark. The only times he barked is when we'd leave him alone in the room but he's stopped doing that. I love that he doesn't bark at other animals. Today he saw turkeys and deer and he only watched them. Same thing with birds and squirrels. He is used to people because his foster mom took him on walks and to a local brewery every Wednesday where they take available dogs for adoption. He is a good little guy. We're teaching him commands now and he is doing great sleeping in his crate at night.

Laurel, great workouts! I am loving the one body pat week and being able to use the tower for my barbell again!

Chico is a sweet little boy and we are happy that Bella is coming around so quickly. We were prepared for all kinds of drama from the cats but thankfully it wasn't like that. I call DH the animal whisperer. He is in love with Chico and Chico adores him already. I've had to have a talk with DH about Chico because he just wants to keep petting him and giving him all the love in the world every possible moment. That is not the right thing to do with dogs. So today the new sheriff in town told DH he had to dial back on the baby talk and all the hugs and undivided attention to Chico. Every time Chico made a sound he would be by his side. I think Chico was in command instead of us. We actually had a much better day with training Chico today as a result.

Hummingbirds LOVE salvia Laurel. The red salvia that you usually find at this time of the year in the annuals area is another type my totally love too. Bee balm is the other one they love too.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited June 2021
    Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout at all this weekend. I did get a lot of sewing done. My Mom's quilt top is 95% done, just need to put a border on it. I was going to do one material, but now I feel like I need something bolder. That was on Saturday morning, and then my youngest asked if I wanted to go to the Antique Mall so off we went. We spent quite a bit of time in that place, and will be heading back on the 19th of July for their 20% off sale. I saw a few things that I wanted, but wasn't willing to pay the price that they wanted. On Sunday I got more of my oldest dd's quilt blocks finished. That is the next one that I will probably be done with, and then I will tackle the youngest's quilt.

My workout this morning was 30MTF Build & Burn Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion. Forgot how good that one was.

Laurel, Love the sound of your workouts! We have been seeing a lot of birds. There is a family of Cardinals that fly around, also once the cherries start to mature we get a flock. They can get quite annoying with all the chirping. I always ask them how they can make so much noise, when they are eating. :D That is really cool that your bush is attracting the hummingbirds.

Thelma, Congrats on the official adoption!! So happy to hear that everyone is comfortable with each other. You are very patient with Bella, and it appears to have worked really well. It is so good to hear that Chico will get more and more comfortable, so he will feel less and less afraid. Great job on all your workouts! Is Chico curious about you working out? I usually have company when I workout, somehow it has become a ritual.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was very nice. On Saturday we played golf, which was good fun. Yesterday DH worked in the yard while I did some deeper cleaning on the house. Then I made two more loaves of blueberry zucchini bread. I think our zucchini season is coming to an end and our cucumber season may be as well. I would have liked a couple more zucchini and a few less cucumber, but it was a good season for both. And now our tomatoes are beginning to ripen. They are my favorite…and we will have a ton of them if they survive the ripening stage. :D

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Cardio Ball Blast and 60 minute of flow yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was STS Disc 13/Chest followed by a 20 minute HiiT spin right into Cathe’s live class from last week which was Standing and Floor Legs and Core. This latter workout was vintage Cathe Live and could have been filmed pre-pandemic and pre-eye surgery. It was fast paced and full of energy and I really enjoyed it.

Thelma, great workouts! I am so happy to hear that you have officially adopted Chico and he has been welcomed by all your kitties. That is such fantastic news. No doubt he will have some tough times since he was abused, but I also bet he is just one happy pup from here on out. Anyhow, I had no idea Stavia attracted hummingbirds. Our little nursery has a section of plants specifically identified as hummingbird attractants….and this wasn’t one of them! This is why it is sitting on our deck instead of by the hummingbird feeder. But I will remember this because I really like the plant and it is easy to grow.

Laurie, sounds like a wonderful weekend. I am glad you got a lot done on the quilts and were able to spend some time with your youngest. Great workout this morning. I laughed when you mentioned the birds chirping while eating! That is so very true. For such little creatures, they sure can make some noise. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were a Peloton 80's Ride with Sam Yo and
    STS Disc 13/Shoulders Only, followed by some stretching. I had a fantastic workout because I was able to go heavier on most shoulder weights.

There's going to be a canning workshop here in BR; which is being offered by the UGA Extension in July and I've applied for a spot. They only have space for 20 so I don't know if I can get in. I've always wanted to learn how to can. It is a big thing here in the south. The workshop costs $25. There will be a breakfast, lecture and actual practice by canning tomatoes and green beans.

Laurie, great job with your quilt progress! The Antique Mall sounds like a wonderful experience!
    Great workout too!

Thanks so much on Chico's adoption. We have to be patient and invest the time with the animals to make sure we can all live in harmony.

Chico hasn't been downstairs. He didn't want to go downstairs so he doesn't know about the exercise room. He doesn't have the run of the house just yet. He is on a leash because I'm worried about an unfortunate encounter with the cats. It's also what a trainer recommends doing when bringing a dog into a new home for the first couple of weeks.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice weekend and that you've been enjoying the vegies from your garden.

Great workouts!
    Thank you on Chico's adoption. We are thrilled with the little guy. The jury is still out for the cats though! LOL
    We think he is happy even though he seems to have PTSD. Two days ago we couldn't pick him up because he woke up scared and would cry if we tried. He's been fine since Sunday. We really don't pick him up but sometimes we have to to put him in his carrier or cage.
    Oh my gosh, you need to get more salvia! I have one by one of my feeders and is one the hummies feed from a lot.

Speaking of birds chirping/singing. We have a pair of Wrens and we love those loud little guys. They always make us laugh. Now that they have a nest by our front door we d hear them more often. They're so cute!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This mornings workout was P30 Perfect Pump Upper Body. Went as heavy as I could handle. Of course I wasn't as heavy as Cathe on those back exercises.

Laurel, Wonderful job on your workouts! Sounds like you really enjoyed the live workout. Glad that Cathe is back to her usual form. I need to do a deep clean in my house also, and I do have a four day weekend coming up so that will probably happen then. So looking forward to having that time off. Nice that you where able to go golfing again. You can always try to plant another zucchini plant, you probably have enough summer/fall to handle it. Our zucchini harvesting usually start in July, since most of the plants are not in until May.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! The canning class sounds like a lot of fun. My mom canned everything for our family. Of course with such a large family then really needed to. I always loved the green beans, and pickled beets that she made. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for everyone to adjust. I bet it isn't to long before all your creatures are living in harmony. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I realized I forgot to write down yesterday’s workouts. Oops. Anyhow, yesterday I did STS Disc 13/Shoulders, a 45 minute Climb spin with Peloton and the extended lying stretch from the Step Boss series. Today was STS Disc 13/Triceps followed by Core Max 1. For cardio, I did Cathe’s Intensity workout. I miss doing that one! Such a good workout, but it is longer than most non-spin cardio workouts I do these days. But I really enjoyed it today.

Thelma, great workouts. Like you, I have increased the weight I am using this week, and it feels SO good. I love Meso 2! That being said, I am looking forward to next week’s recovery. :) I would love to learn how to can. My mother never did it, so I never learned. But I would love to can some of our fresh veggies for the winter time. I am glad Chico continues to settle in, and I am sure the cats will come around fully to accepting him….in their own cat kind of way. :D Wrens are such cute birds! They like to sit on our window sills when it is raining and chirp at us. Too funny.

Laurie, great workout! I love how much substance there is to those Perfect 30 strength workouts given the length of them, I am just now beginning to feel like I am catching up on the deep cleaning of our house since the start of the pandemic. With DH working from home, I really had to pick and choose the times I could clean so as not to disturb him and more often than not, the house got a very generic cleaning every week. Now he is in work at least one predictable day a week, so I know that I will have that day to focus on getting some more of the work done than I could do while he is here. Apparently zucchini are considered ‘northern’ plants, so I am not quite sure how well another new plant would do this time of year given the heat. Last year ours died about this time before it produced anything and I couldn’t even find a replacement. So I am beginning to think I may have to accept that this just isn’t a great environment for zucchini…..and here I thought zucchini grew everywhere!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited June 2021
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Zumba, Vinyasa Flow which had a nice ab section, KCM "RAW" 15-minute Boxing workout, STS Disc 13/Triceps Only and stretching. I went heavier on triceps than I did last week which was great.

We got some rain this afternoon which is a good thing.

Laurie, great workout and congrats for going as heavy as you could handle.

The canning class does sound like a lot of fun. I've not heard anything from anyone about it so I don't know if I'l be able to take it.
    Bella is doing much better with Chico. No hissing this morning and she actually ate her breakfast in the kitchen as usual. Chico was there but she didn't see him as he was on the other side of the island. She knew he was there though. Tonight DH was washing dishes and Chico was about two feet from him. Bella walked in there and stood about two feet across from Chico. She was just looking at him and of course, there was no reaction from Chico. We have dog bells at the front door and he has started to ring them when he wants to go out! So cute!

Laurel, great workouts! I am loving Meso 2 as well and the single body part week because it allows me to go heavier than when we do the full workout in one session. I am looking forward to next week's recovery too.

Like I was telling Laurie, I've not received confirmation or anything about the canning class. I'm not feeling hopeful about taking the class.
    Things are going very well with the cats and Chico. I'm so happy about that.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Today's workout was fun 30MTF Build & Burn Lower Body Tabata + RAW Boxing Finisher. I'm still working my way through how I want to do this rotation. Today I new I needed a lower body, so I chose Kelly. I think that next week I will change it up and do the Cathe Lower Body and maybe Jessica Upper. It will break it up enough to make this interesting.

Laurel, Don't worry about missing your workouts on a day, because it must have been the day for it. I also missed telling that I did the core work from the P30 series. Glad that you enjoyed the Intensity workout, and awesome job on your other workouts from both days. To bad on the zucchini, never realized that it was a veggie that enjoyed our weather vs the south. Everyone around here is always looking for people to take their zucchini, because the plants produce so much. Funny how we get more done when our spouses are not at home. DH is heading out on Saturday to a car show, so I'm planning on doing some cleaning on that day.

Thelma, Great job with the workout, and of course increasing the weight on the triceps. We have had rain every day for almost two weeks. We had been so dry, and now we are saturated. ;) I hope that you get some communication that you are either in the class or not. Not knowing is frustrating. Such positive steps for your Bella. Chico sounds like a cool dude with the cats, so that is a wonderful thing. Nice that he is using the bells, Rocket just stares at you. :D He will go to the patio door and tap on the window also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 14/Legs followed by a fun but tough 45 minute ‘rock’ ride with Peloton. I finished it up with a post-ride stretch and hope to get some more stretching in later after my walk with DH. I am a little jealous of both of you for the rain you’ve had because we are very dry. But they are predicting some rain for tomorrow and my fingers are crossed for that.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry you haven’t heard back on the canning class, though. I am glad Chico and Bella are doing better. Given that it has been less than a week, I think their progress is wonderful.

Laurie, great workouts. I am glad I am not alone with forgetting to fully input my workouts! I like the sound of your change up in the rotation. Rotating through those three instructors like that should keep everything fresh. My first experience in growing zucchini was in Alaska. We planted one little zucchini and I was grating and freezing bag after bag of zucchini as autumn arrived. I figured if they grew so well there, we would have no problem here…..but that just isn’t the case. I am just thankful we got some this year unlike last year. But I am not sure I will try another one next year.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workout on Wednesday was STS Meso2 Disc 14-Legs, Stretch. I was super tired and had to force myself to workout. I went shooting in the morning and it was hot and muggy so I think that made me tired.

We had torrential rain for a while at the end of the afternoon. There were about three separate bands. Once the rain was over we heard some pretty loud thunder. I was told Chico wasn't afraid of thunder or any loud noise and I confirmed that today. Yaaay!

Laurie, great workout! I love your workout idea for next week!
    Wow, you guys have had a lot of rain. At least here the rain hasn't lasted hours like it usually does.

No news about the canning class; which is really disappointing.
    Bella continues to improve and is getting closer to Chico. Today Chico was looking out the window and we noticed Bella walking really slowly toward Chico. She went to smell his butt. In cat language I've read that is a hello!

Another month gone! Can you believe how fast this year is going by? WOW!

Chico is a very smart little guy. Thankfully DH is being good about his training. He just wants to treat him like a baby and I know it's killing him not to do it. He does see that the training is making a difference.

Laurel, great workouts!
    I'm sorry you haven't had any rain lately. Did you get any on Wednesday?

I am really disappointed about not knowing what's going on with the canning class.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was RAW Kettlebell Kickboxing. I used a 15# kettlebell, and my 2# egg weights.

Laurel, Nice workouts, and of course the walk. I hope that you get some of this rain that we have had to much of lately. I think that DH was enjoying not having to go out to mow the lawn. :D Bummer on the zucchini, but I guess that you will find a farmers market so that you can get some. It is always nice to have some of that bread. I'm looking forward to this rotation. I found one of Kelly's older rotations that I will just sub in different upper/lower workouts and keep the Kelly cardio ones because they are boxing focused.

Thelma, Great job on your workout. For sure that hot and muggy weather will tax your body. That is awesome news on Chico not caring about the thunder. Our previous dog was terrified of thunder and fire works. It really makes for a good 4th weekend when you don't need to be comforting a dog that is scarred. Good news on Bella, she is being very brave. Like I said, Chico is chill. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with STS Disc 15/Biceps and, again, I was able to go heavier this week. For cardio, I reached back to one of Cathe’s oldest Live workouts which was Hard Strikes Low Impact Kickboxing. This is a pretty moderate workout until the last 15 minutes where she puts in some more intensity with some metabolic weighted work, but it was perfect for today in the moderate part because I am feeling yesterday’s workouts throughout my body today.

Thelma, great workout. No doubt you were tired after spending the morning outside in the heat! No, we still haven’t gotten any rain! They pretty much guaranteed some today, but those chances keep diminishing as well. I am glad Chico didn’t have any reaction to the thunder. That is a blessing. And I am glad Bella is feeling brave enough to start saying ‘hello’….in her own way. :D

Laurie, great workout! I alternated between my 1# and 1.5# egg weights this morning and, again, love having the option to go up and down in weight on my boxing moves. So, again, thank you for the recommendation! We do have a farmer’s market at the bottom of the hill we live on, so you are right…..next summer I will get their zucchini and still make the breads. :) Well, the one good thing about not getting rain is our grass doesn’t grow as fast without it…..so it sounds like both of our weather patterns are making our DH’s happy! :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Gina B's 3000 Steps and STS Meso2 Disc 15 Back Only. I went heavier on a couple of exercises and there was one more where I think I could've gone heavier too but for some reason I didn't grab a heavier weight.
    I made the mistake last week of walking Chico around our road wearing sandals and now I have plantar fasciitis going on both feet. I'm not a happy camper.

We brought Chico home last Thursday. It feels like it's been longer than that. Things continue to go well with the cats but Chico has a mega case of separation anxiety when DH is not home. OMG! He whimpers, barks and howls! I found a separation anxiety training video from the dog whisperer and it's exactly what we need for Chico. I started working with him this afternoon while DH was out. It didn't work for me but it made me realize that it was DH the one who needed to work with Chico not me.

I made DH watch the video. He took notes and watched the video a couple of times and he worked with Chico tonight. It is working! DH went to the supermarket after the training and there wasn't a peep out Chico until I went to see where he was and found him on the couch. I tried to get him down and the whimpering started, he barked and howled for a few seconds. He then started walking around, came to the bedroom where I was, went back to his bed and stopped. He only started making noises when DH came back and was getting the groceries inside. It was amazing how it worked. Dh will continue to work with him. I told him he needs to install some of the kitty cams we used to use in MA so we can watch Chico when not in the house.

More torrential rain for a while tonight here.
    We are going out to dinner with some friends tomorrow and have no other plans for the weekend. Locals try to stay home on the weekends because of the tourists. We rarely go out Saturdays or Sundays so we wouldn't know.

Laurie, great workout.
    It was definitely the heat and humidity then that made me feel so tired because it happens every Wednesday when I go shooting at our friends' range.
    Little Chico is definitely a chill dog. He needs a bath though. His foster mom never gave him a bath and we wanted to do it last weekend but that's when he was all scared. We will try on Saturday. Hopefully he'll be chill for that too!
    Our friend's dog is terrified of thunder. The doctor just gave her medication to help her stay calm!
    My Bella is definitely being a brave little girl. I'm so relieved about that!

Laurel, fantastic workouts and good job on going heavier with the bicep work!

I am hoping you got some rain! It's raining like crazy here!
    It really is a blessing that Chico isn't afraid of loud noises. Bella is still a little nervous around Chico but is definitely being brave.

Have a wonderful Independence Day weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jessica's Walk Strong Dynamic Stretch. Felt great, and I know that I have to do those more often, and that is something that I have scheduled into the week. There is hardly anyone here at work, and I had a total of 6 e-mails when I logged on this morning. It is going to be a looong day. :o This morning we had temps in the 50's and it is suppose to get more humid and warm. Just glad that it will not be in the 90's.

We will be going to the Nascar race in Elkhart Lake on the 4th, so that should be a fun time. On Saturday we are going to our dd's in-laws to watch fire works, but the morning will be cleaning. My Monday and Tuesday will be mine to do what I want to do. Looking forward to it.

Laurel, Awesome job on all the workouts, and of course doing what sounds like a fun kb workout. I too am really happy that I took the plunge on the egg weights, they are so much more comfortable to deal with than the weighted gloves. I like that I can wear weighted gloves with them, makes is so easy to do weight work with them. Have a wonderful 4th of July!

Thelma, Good job on your workout! Dang on the pf. Nice that you where able to find a video to help you with the anxiety that Chico feels when your DH left the house. Enjoy your dinner with your friends. We don't usually have a tourist problem around here, but up north they get flooded with people from Illinois. I'm just glad that we are not traveling up in that area. Enjoy your 4th of July!

Have a Happy 4th and stay safe!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 15/Back followed by a super tough 45 HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton. I was in the mood for doing a Peloton workout with an instructor I am not as familiar with, and so I randomly selected an instructor, found they had only done one HiiT and Hills ride that was rated super tough and said ‘yep!’ I loved it, but it took a ten minute cool down ride, a 5 minute post ride stretch and 10 minutes of floor pose yoga after to have me feeling somewhat normal again. :p But I loved the structure of this workout and will definitely do it again when I feel like a really good challenge.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry to hear about the PF issues. Mine is flailing up again, but this time in my right foot. This alternating back and forth is better than having both feet painful….but is also super annoying. So far, stretching and icing seem to be handling it. Poor little Chico when your DH is gone. I suppose it will take him a little while to feel secure after all he has been through recently. We did get some rain yesterday and this morning but nothing I would consider anything but ‘light’. But at least it was something. Enjoy your time with your friends.

Laurie, great workout. Like you, I need to do more and more stretching. I added extended stretches in periodically each week during this rotation, and that does seem to help me reach for the odd 10-15 minute stretches or yoga sessions. But, honestly, I probably should be reaching more for the 20-30 minute stretches more often. B) I hope you enjoy your long weekend and your time at the NASCAR race!

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was nice and very busy. We finished washing the pollen off every inch of the deck. Today I started deep cleaning inside the house. It never ends! There were fireworks on Saturday and Sunday around us and thankfully our fur babies weren't bothered by them at all!
    We gave Chico a bath and he was so good! He never cried or complained at all. His bath was very quick given how little he is! We put a thick towel at the bottom of the tub for him to stand on and feel secure. Thankfully it worked.

My feet seem to be doing a little better but on Saturday they were hurting badly. I started massaging my feet over a lacrosse ball and that is helping more than what I was going and I can feel the improvement. I've had no foot pain the last two days! Thank God!

My workouts on Friday were Gina B low impact cardio and STS Meso2 Disc 15 Biceps Only.
    Sunday Peloton Low Impact Ride and Cathe's Great Glutes.
    Monday my cardio was my house and deck cleaning and I did KCM "RAW" Upper Weights & Legs workout.

Laurie, great job including the Walk Strong Dynamic Stretch workout into your rotation! I hope Friday wasn't too long of a day for you! Our weather was very nice here and thankfully not humid.
    I hope you had a wonderful time at the Nascar race! How nice that you took Tuesday off! Long weekends are the best when you have to work.

Chico's separation anxiety training didn't work over the weekend when DH was around the house. chico could see him out on the deck cleaning and the poor thing would run from window to window following DH around! We went to shooting range early on Saturday morning and on the way back at around 10am the traffic was already pretty heavy.

Laurel, great workout and good job for challenging yourself with a tough Peloton ride!
    I'm sticking to low impact rides because of my feet for now. At least I can ride the bike now. Last week it felt dangerous to spin.

I've had plantar fasciitis before but it's never been this painful and scary. Thankfully I decided to do what has always worked for me but was too lazy to do. I know stupid! I've been massaging my feet over a lacrosse ball and massaging my calves and Achilles tendons and it's working. I can feel the relief almost instantly.

Poor Chico has become DH's shadow. Hopefully his separation anxiety will gradually decrease. He wasn't afraid of the fireworks which was amazing. The cat that used to be afraid of them was actually watching the fireworks out in the distance! Too funny!

Have a great rest of the week ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the long weekend. Ours was very nice. We played golf both Saturday and Sunday and yesterday was spent doing indoor and outdoor chores. The weather was wonderful this weekend, so all the time spent outside was pretty enjoyable. We are supposed to get rain tonight, which we definitely need. But it was wonderful to have perfectly clear skies for the 4th of July.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a two mile walk with Jessica Smith from her 5 Mile Mix and Match DVD followed by 45 minutes of power yoga with Kristin McGee. Sunday was Cathe Live Lower Body Barre Blend followed by a 45 minute climb ride on Peloton. Yesterday was Cathe Live Intense Upper Body, which Cathe filmed last week (it was a fantastic workout) followed by X10 Step into Cathe Live Express Plyo Legs plus Core. Today was a 60 minute spin with Peloton followed by 2 20 minute yoga classes from Peloton….one basic flow and one core focused.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad your feet are feeling better. Mine seems to depend on the day. It was fine playing golf but yesterday……yikes! I iced it really well yesterday and have been doing more calf stretches and it is better today. I think it is something that may plague me on and off for the rest of my days, to be honest. But I find if I manage it properly, I can live without being in serious pain. But, boy, if I don’t, the pain is horrible. Anyhow, I am glad your fur babies survived the fireworks and Chico tolerated his first bath with you. I am sure it is going to take him some time to get over his anxiety. I just hate whatever happened to him, but. again, am so happy he has found a loving home.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel