Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• tuckerrjtuckerrj Member Posts: 1,452 Member Member Posts: 1,452 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Switching to the RP stuff is the first time I've done anything with a time bound structure and it definitely takes a bit of a different approach. I'm not a big program hopper but I'm definitely a serial tinkerer. I typically would set up a spreadsheet with a single week, print it out, and fill in and/or check things off as a I. It would prompt me to look at the sheet weekly and I'd almost always tweak something though I was able to layout the RP program on one page for six weeks. On one hand I've missed that frequent review process but I think it's been beneficial for me to stick with the format and what was prescribed for 5-6 weeks.

That said, I was supposed to have a deload this week but I've been feeling great so I'm just going to run it back this week with last week's sets/rep goals and reassess the schedule. We're scheduled for a vacation in late August so I'm laying things out so I'm set for a deload that week.

For hypertrophy/bodybuilding workout programs, RP is awesome. For powerlifting, Juggernaut Training Systems is a great deal more applicable. Chad Wesley Smith, knows his stuff.
  • KickassAmazon76KickassAmazon76 Member Posts: 3,869 Member Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Adjusted my belt too loose. Really close to beltless pulls here.

Wow! That's incredible! 👏
  • KickassAmazon76KickassAmazon76 Member Posts: 3,869 Member Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Week 3, Day 3 done!
    9t1pbbltfwvp.gif
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

Curious... Has this thread run its course? Should I keep sharing or just let it fade?

I would love for others to contribute... It's kinda lonely in here!
  • steveko89steveko89 Member Posts: 2,113 Member Member Posts: 2,113 Member
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

Curious... Has this thread run its course? Should I keep sharing or just let it fade?

I'll try and post more. I keep finding myself strapped for time in my morning workouts, sometimes such that I'm doing accessories in the evening after we put our son to bed.
  • dsc84dsc84 Member Posts: 206 Member Member Posts: 206 Member
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

I love seeing what everyone's doing and their progress. I've gotten super serious with my program lately due to some strong goals I've placed in front of me. Sometimes at least until the program becomes not as new to me I tend to like to train in silence and share the results of the work.

That and I'm doing a lot of boring stuff to build up and improve my compound lifts. Doing some band work isn't really that sexy :smile:

Here's my volume from the deadlift portion of my training last night:
    zrbc5peoee33.jpg

Ignore the session length. I logged it after the workout last night.

I'll try to remember to share some of my progress.

Sidenote: You are KILLING IT! As always.
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 3,757 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,757 Member
    I’m enjoying it.

I’d share but my piddly *kitten* weightlifting efforts are embarrassing (even if they are comparatively effective), and no one is generally filming yoga. And let’s face it, looking at an old woman trying to wrap body parts around each other……blechhhhh. It’s like those gross commercials they run during dinner time. There’s just never a “good” time for that.
    I’m enjoying it.

I’d share but my piddly *kitten* weightlifting efforts are embarrassing (even if they are comparatively effective), and no one is generally filming yoga. And let’s face it, looking at an old woman trying to wrap body parts around each other……blechhhhh. It’s like those gross commercials they run during dinner time. There’s just never a “good” time for that.

I would be inclined to disagree! Every time I have seen you post, I have been inspired! You are amazing! As for band work, or yoga being "sexy" ... I think it all is. I think it's neat to see how different everyone's workouts are, and how people are adapting.

You are doing amazing. There is no weight minimum for sharing!
  • dsc84dsc84 Member Posts: 206 Member Member Posts: 206 Member
    I’m enjoying it.

I would be inclined to disagree! Every time I have seen you post, I have been inspired! You are amazing! As for band work, or yoga being "sexy" ... I think it all is. I think it's neat to see how different everyone's workouts are, and how people are adapting.

You are doing amazing. There is no weight minimum for sharing!

I second this!
  • DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Member Posts: 7,572 Member Member Posts: 7,572 Member
    I finally made it back to the gym! Yes, my weights have dropped. I just gotta do what I can when I can.u488mbftsu3j.jpg
  • JelaanJelaan Member Posts: 808 Member Member Posts: 808 Member
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

Please keep posting, I for one find it inspirational. I really miss lifting. I don't post pics because I don't think anyone would find me walking particularly interesting lol. On the other hand, gifs of me skipping in the kitchen while trying not to wipe everything out might be entertaining to some :).
    dsc84 wrote: »
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

I love seeing what everyone's doing and their progress. I've gotten super serious with my program lately due to some strong goals I've placed in front of me. Sometimes at least until the program becomes not as new to me I tend to like to train in silence and share the results of the work.

That and I'm doing a lot of boring stuff to build up and improve my compound lifts. Doing some band work isn't really that sexy :smile:

Here's my volume from the deadlift portion of my training last night:
    zrbc5peoee33.jpg

Ignore the session length. I logged it after the workout last night.

I'll try to remember to share some of my progress.

Sidenote: You are KILLING IT! As always.

These lifts make me salivate! I'll only see lifts like these in my dreams!
    Jelaan wrote: »
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

Please keep posting, I for one find it inspirational. I really miss lifting. I don't post pics because I don't think anyone would find me walking particularly interesting lol. On the other hand, gifs of me skipping in the kitchen while trying not to wipe everything out might be entertaining to some :).

Thank you! Pics of your walk would be neat.. A time lapse of what you saw along the way. Skipping rope is hard work and totally good worthy! When I do it, I skip two, trip one. Lol not so much fun to watch. 😂
    And I almost forgot how to do this...3vmkjdmqqkfc.gif

Yeah!! Making it look light and easy!!!
    steveko89 wrote: »
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

I'll try and post more. I keep finding myself strapped for time in my morning workouts, sometimes such that I'm doing accessories in the evening after we put our son to bed.

I remember being there once upon a time. There were a couple years where my workouts started at 11pm. It's not fun, but totally worth it!
  • Minion_training_programMinion_training_program Member Posts: 11,541 Member Member Posts: 11,541 Member
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

I have not even went to the gym yet, since my back is giving me issues again.
    Might contribute in the future