July 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better @Avidkeo. Sorry about the headphones. I love my trekz titanium ones. Have you tried those?

Nice running @polskagirl01 @ContraryMaryMary and @MikeRunsDaily2021 ! Sounds like you will be ready for your ultra this weekend @MikeRunsDaily2021 !
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

So I think I was over confident about my goal because this is where I am at as of now. I hope I will be ready for the 10k in September. Found out it's the day after my brothers wedding so that means no drinking (which isn't really an issue) and no crazy amount of fried foods (always feel like garbage after the fact)

Is there anything else people would suggest doing a day before a race? This will be my first one ever!!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Earphones. What's everyone using these days? I was doing some research to replace my plantronics and they don't appear to be made any more. It's all earbuds now! Who's using earbuds? Do they stay put or jiggle around? I'm not buying airpods but open to other suggestions
  • MikeRunsDaily2021
    MikeRunsDaily2021 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: Β»
    Earphones. What's everyone using these days? I was doing some research to replace my plantronics and they don't appear to be made any more. It's all earbuds now! Who's using earbuds? Do they stay put or jiggle around? I'm not buying airpods but open to other suggestions
    I use the Aftershockz Aeropex open ear headphones. They stay in place well plus you can still hear things happening around you if you want to 😁😁
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @julieannegannon - I don't take a BCAA supplement specifically but the protein powder I use has BCAA's (a lot of them do) and I usually have at least one serving of it per day somewhere (some days a lot more but I'm not particularly proud of having such "meals").
    https://www.gnc.com/whey-protein/GNCAMPPureIsolateNew.html