WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did the aerobic portion of the Gilad 45/45 split DVD then went for my aerobic walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do the same DVD but this time the toning section

Annie DE – Yes, it IS very hard for me, but I try (and sometimes don't succeed...but I’m getting better at this) and the garbage can is being my friend. I was raised with the “don’t waste” mentality, and I’m trying to break that. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don’t. Maybe some of the food you bought can go there?

Tracey – Vince won a Google Nest. Really, the only thing I have it do is add things to my grocery list. I really should have it play music especially if I’m working on a craft at the table near it. During this pandemic when we were on lockdown, that’s the main reason I got the job at Food Ion – I needed to be with people. I admit that I did get used to having the money. But the main reason was to be in contact with people.

Around the block is about 1-1/2 mile and I seem to do it in 35 minutes. Is that a good time?

Cantstopher – welcome! Great goals

Rebecca – sending good thoughts for your son.

Ceramics tonight. Just came in from the pool.

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    DH is off to cricket tomorrow. :D I have a whole day to myself! Actually, I don't, because I have Singing Zoom and girlfriend Zoom in the afternoon. My difficult friend made a desperate dash back from France on Monday to beat the new red zone quarantine rule. She is still isolating at home, but it's better than a government order. I expect to hear all the details of the trauma. ;)
    I will have DimSum lunch and easy falafel and hummus flatbreads for dinner with lots of salad. That way DH can come home anytime and dinner is an easy assemblage.

I had registered for a Zoom this evening with a pressure group I belong to, but I heard nothing more and the Zoom link never materialised. Don't know what happened. A famous journalist was meant to be leading the discussion. I had put my face on specially. :p

I'm in the middle of watching a YouTube video about how to use Instagram. I am a complete beginner. My son on AATV immediately followed me, so he must have been notified through Facebook, though I deliberately didn't link it. A lot to learn. At the moment there is zilch to follow! I returned the compliment!
    Thank you ladies who have offered help. <3 I will let you know when I have got something to show. A blank page is not very exciting!
    I am doing little baby steps.
    Today I am nine pages from the end of the first edit. :D

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies
    Have a question, i thought Id see what you think.. I have been looking at symptoms for MS in women ,and it looks to me like I have alot of those symptoms...will check with neuro opthamologist next Thursday
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    tried to get 1st reading glasses at this really discount place. I waited a long time for them to test my eyes since my vision has gone down in past months or even weeks. I could get by without reading glasses and now it's tough. but she didn't test astigmatism and the very quickly produced pair (less than 40 min) wasn't so clear.
    I think my astigmatism has evolved and she didn't want to bother. when she was testing I told her it was clearer but wasn't very clear.

but tell me are reading glasses only supposed to help for a certain distance, no closer, no farther? like you can keep your book 15 inches away but not so much 12?
    that's kind of how it was, but still not totally clear.

whinge :
    a bust! after waiting and paying and checking they said they can only give me.a refund in 2 weeks.

the manager had already yelled at the woman before me who had waited a very long time. She was speaking softly, but was frustrated about a long wait ; and he was yelling very loudly that she should keep her voice down. then he was extremely unpleasant with me. I'll spare the details but it was pretty shocking! I said I was going to record it. then he tried to insult me by whispering so I put the recording phone in front of my ear. then he tried to write on an insult on paper. and I was going to take a picture of it but he said I couldn't. and way more, but I'll spare you. I don't know what the insult is thank goodness. I was rather detached and saying: who is speaking loudly? He was a bit crazy; he said he won't be there in 2 weeks, so he didn't care about (not sure what). (maybe he quit or is getting fired?)

I've rarely seen such "management!".

Really poor customer service!! I've actually stopped going to chain discount optical services. The last time I did they could not get my prescription right and finally I went with old-fashioned bifocals.

I have two pair of glasses. One is a distance pair of progressives which I wear while driving and cycling. I can read things closer up through the bottom, but where they excel is distance viewing.

The other are desk glasses. They are also progressives. Through the top, I can see probably about 10 metres away quite clearly and then things start to get a little blurry. Through the middle, I can see my computer screen reasonably clearly and it is about an arm's length away. Through the bottom, I can see the page I have on a stand to refer to or my phone, when they are about 30 cm (1 foot) away.

If I need to see detail really sharply, I take my glasses off and hold the item about a little less than 1 foot away. For example, when I'm lying in bed reading, I prefer to do that without my glasses. Or if when I colour, I've discovered I prefer to do that without my glasses too.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Rrrrr
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    👋
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Eeee
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Tracey Love it! Lol! Sis in law wasn't at work today. No surprise. She had a 10 am appointment. I managed. Still not caught up on invoices, but got parts orders done. Have been trying to do that since Friday. Customers all taken care of do that is a plus. I even quit being weepy by about 1PM.
    Barbie I am trying to be positive! Some folks just make it so hard. 😒

Cooked grilled chicken for supper with sweet potato and asparagus. Yummy! I was full which helped when I went to the grocery tonight. Fridge finally getting some food in it. I am pleased with my eating today. Six servings of fruits and veggies and only 1 gram short on protein.

Prayers for those in need (okay, everybody)
    Love to you all!

Kylia sleepy in Ohio
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Barbie - that’s brilliant.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,823 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rebecca

(((hugs right back atcha)))

I hope the Navy does the right thing. If they demote him out of the Navy, they are throwing the baby out with the bath water. It serves no purpose. Keeping my fingers crossed for him, and sending "do the right thing" thoughts to the Navy.

Karen in Virginia