Keto and Fasting has been amazing thus far.

Replies

• natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Yes, those sugars in nature, are distributed in the fiber of the plant. For 5 g of concentrated sucralose (which is our sugar) you, probably chew a whole plant of 3-4 lb shugar canes or 3-4 roots of beet.

As much as archaeology declares, the switch to agriculture made man worth in physical condition: shorter stature, teeth decay, diabetics mellitus, heart problem of all sorts, newrologic problems, arthritis, allergic reactions, leaky guts, lectin problems, inflamation of different origin.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Apologies for adding to digression on your thread, OP.

You and your girlfriend are doing great! It's kind of magical when people find the healthy way of eating that works best for them, and it sounds like you've done that. Good show!

I was thinking I'd already posted to this effect, after your amazing 7/27 photo update post. I had not, and I'm sorry.

Keep up the great work, and we'll look forward to more wonderful updates!
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2021
    Congratulations on your success.

I for one would never consider someone fasting to be crazy. People have been doing it through out history in many different cultures and religions.

Good luck. I am a little concerned you are pushing yourself too hard, but you can always relax the diet a bit if it becomes too much.
  • natasor1
    Sardinia, Italy are part of Midditerenian rigion. It is exactly that part of the world which was a rule maker for menu items like shishkabab, kebab, prosciutto, soppressata, salami, coppa, pizza. And you want to suggest that these people did not know how to make and prepare meats. To present those colorful diagrams, some of the people, oddly chosen living in the area of interest who age over 100 y/o were sent special questionnaires with questions what did you eat last year, last 10 years, last 50 years, last 100 years. Do you think these people of 100 years and over could remember what they eat? They hardly remember what they eat yesterday...

The other point of errors, is some disagreement between what can be considered as MEAT. On this question "did you eat meat?" They can answer " NO meat I eat," b/c they don t even consider poultry, fish, crabs, octopus, sheep, pork as meat. For many nationals, meat it means cow meat only.

The third point is disagreement between perception of food names. You may say pizza is meat dish, but Amarican society calles pizza vegetable dish. Olive leaves are veggies or meat dish? Stuffed cabbage is veggies or meat?

Now, if you want to include wild bees honey in your menu, think again. Wild bees are such an angry animals, that you have to be super pro to get single ounce of honey from their nest.

Now tubers in hadza" menu". If you try those tubers, you probably spit them the same time. They unbelievably hard to chew, nasty in taste and have very little nutritious value. Comparing them with modern carefully selectionned thru thousands years will be stupid, at least .

For example watermelon of prehistoric times were size of walnut, little tarty yellow, hard skinned fruits. Apples were look and taste like our modern crap apples.

So those diagrams have very little truth information
  • natasor1
    On Okinawa diagram, nobody told you what style of eating those people have. But it is a very special comment has to be done. They eat first about 2 times a day, consuming only 80% of fullness feeling in the stomach. With this style of eating any food, even cake or pop corn turn in to heath food.
  • natasor1
    Read books of dr Benjamin Bickman, Robert Lustig, Paul Mason, Kriss Knobbe, Sten Ekberg, Diet Doctor Brad Scher, Peter Attia. Or just listen their podcasts, especially I recommend Metabolic Classroom with short and dens exploration of the nutrition matter.
    I just find out that Sardinia Centenarians questionnaires were done in the period of lent, when these very religion people have to low or out-rite reject any meat product. So I suggest, to take these studies with grain of salt