Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    SModa61 wrote: »
    Any party that has an ambulance sitting at the ready in the parking lot does not strike me as scaled down IMO. Definitely pics out there so I will still be curious about the aftermath.

Hubby and I turn 60 this year. His “event” had five of us. Two of us, two close friends and his mother (we were in Florida). Mine in October could be slightly bigger as we are in mass and our two children are here. No friends will be included. Only family and total size will remain less and 10.

Given Mr. Obama's status as an ex-President I wouldn't doubt there is an ambulance near him at all times, along with the Secret Service detail.

Secret service, yes. No indication that ambulance is near at all times. There is not one regularly parked in his driveway. So indicators are that this ambulance is due to the party.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Any party that has an ambulance sitting at the ready in the parking lot does not strike me as scaled down IMO. Definitely pics out there so I will still be curious about the aftermath.

Hubby and I turn 60 this year. His “event” had five of us. Two of us, two close friends and his mother (we were in Florida). Mine in October could be slightly bigger as we are in mass and our two children are here. No friends will be included. Only family and total size will remain less and 10.

Given Mr. Obama's status as an ex-President I wouldn't doubt there is an ambulance near him at all times, along with the Secret Service detail.

Secret service, yes. No indication that ambulance is near at all times. There is not one regularly parked in his driveway. So indicators are that this ambulance is due to the party.

It would be easier to evaluate that claim if you posted the source.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    When we talk about large maskless events, I am going to be very curious about what we might see after a large 60th birthday party on Martha's Vineyard this weekend.

It's been announced that it has been cancelled/scaled down, depending on how one wants to look at it.

After reading the accounts of what the "scaled-down" event was, I shudder to think what their original plan was.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    When we talk about large maskless events, I am going to be very curious about what we might see after a large 60th birthday party on Martha's Vineyard this weekend.

Won't see anything if you haven't already. Social media reports/pictures from the party have been taken down. Apparently not setting a good example.

Well, once you post something on the Internet, you may be able to take it down, but if it was interesting, plenty of people have shared it, screen-shot it, archived it ....
  • SModa61
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Statement from a friend who summers there. Don't think they want their name and number listed here. On the off hand my friend is incompetent, just now i did a best effort internet search. This is what I could come up with: https://www.ntu.org/foundation/tax-page/pensions-and-perks-for-former-presidents-archive Reading that IMO supports the claim.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    If I were hosting a mega party for older people I'd consider buying coffee for an ambulance crew to hang around in case one of my guests kealed over with a heart attack and/or too much to drink, whichever comes first.

I might even pay a couple of dollars for a couple of not so visibly armed security types just in case people want to crash the party or in case Al gets tipsy and starts hitting on Nancy.

I mean I've seen ambulances hanging around beach parties! And crowd control is always useful!
  • SModa61
    Options

Statement from a friend who summers there. Don't think they want their name and number listed here. On the off hand my friend is incompetent, just now i did a best effort internet search. This is what I could come up with: https://www.ntu.org/foundation/tax-page/pensions-and-perks-for-former-presidents-archive Reading that IMO supports the claim.

I searched for Obama and ambulance and found a bunch of stuff unrelated to covid or the party. Also, I found a bunch of biased-seeming coverage.

In any case, given the many other events (like Lolla) that have been happening, the idea that Obama's party is some major issue seems unfounded to me, and the idea that some ambulance is waiting for quick acting covid (which seemed to be the suggestion) doesn't really make sense.

I would love your links. I did not have the same luck!
  • SModa61
    Options

I searched for Obama and ambulance and found a bunch of stuff unrelated to covid or the party. Also, I found a bunch of biased-seeming coverage.

In any case, given the many other events (like Lolla) that have been happening, the idea that Obama's party is some major issue seems unfounded to me, and the idea that some ambulance is waiting for quick acting covid (which seemed to be the suggestion) doesn't really make sense.

The ambulance was there due the fact it was a highly publicized event with a high concentration of "high value targets" in attendance for some deranged individual. Guarantee there was much more police presence around the area than usual, even if not in plain view.

Ambulance was not there for Covid.

Where did I said it had anything to do with COVID? I brought up the ambulance in response to the comment that the event had been "scaled down" and my position was that if it was large enough to warrant ambulance then I did not think that the event was very scaled down in size.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options

The ambulance was there due the fact it was a highly publicized event with a high concentration of "high value targets" in attendance for some deranged individual. Guarantee there was much more police presence around the area than usual, even if not in plain view.

Ambulance was not there for Covid.

Where did I said it had anything to do with COVID? I brought up the ambulance in response to the comment that the event had been "scaled down" and my position was that if it was large enough to warrant ambulance then I did not think that the event was very scaled down in size.

Wasn't responding to you.

pw4crj29wg2l.png