Just getting us started. I hope that we all have a good week~~

Lana

261.4 today
    271.2 highest
    237.0 🦃-day goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Happy Monday!

New position has me very busy. Moose has me very busy. Finally settling into a new routine. My trainer will be leaving the company permanently on Friday. I'm pretty sure I can handle the job. Something unexpected will come along, I'm sure. My boss is chill and will help me through anything he can.

It has been a busy week. Our bartender's son was in a bad car accident early last week. I volunteered to tend bar Friday night Left at 1:15 Saturday morning. Had to go to Sam's for the Lodge and for home on Saturday.

I was able to have a down day yesterday. Stayed in bed or on the couch all day. Only had to boot up the laptop for 30 minutes to submit a Moose Report at the request of our Administrator.

Hoping everyone has a fantabulous week!

Drink your water (I've been struggling with this lately.) Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    edited August 2021
    Good morning.
    Tracy - good idea about the water. I need to do that as well. I am glad your job is doing well.
    Lana - good morning. I did get your turkey picture on the goal. But that day you transposed your numbers and put you at a goal higher than your current :) That is why I was teasing you.
    Sara - how do you walk in the smoke? face masks? I really worry about everyone's lungs over there. That cannot be good for people. What do people do that are supposed to work outside. Horrible.
    Monsoon like weather here. So much rain we have flooding. I sure wish I could blow it out west. Was busy with my garden this weekend. Froze a bunch of beans, made some fridge pickles, canned some tomatoes. Now I will have to wear my boots to get back out there :)
    Have a great Monday everyone. Waves to all!
    ~Lynn

CW 194.6
    HW 207
    GW 180
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

Lynn - thank you for explaining things to me! When you said something originally, it whizzed right over my head - I SO didn't realize what I had typed! That's funny!
    I admire your having a fruitful garden. Pickles.....mmmm.....yum!

Tracy - So happy for you that things are going well for you at work. It is so amazing to have a decent boss - just ask Sara!
    Glad you got to kick back yesterday 👍🏻

Sara - sending good vibes for a good work day for you 💖

Waving to Missy and anyone else who pops by today~

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi All! Happy Monday! Been tracking. Not a good staying within calories weekend. Had today off and met up with a friend of mine that I hadn’t seen in awhile. Plan was to walk and go to the beach. Instead we ate out for brunch and dinner. Whoops. Will do better tomorrow but it was a blast to catch up.

~ Missy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Good evening,

Smoke here, wearing N95 mask inside and out. Walking inside as much as possible and I also worry for people who have outside employment. It "looks" better outside, but if it looks smoky/polluted it probably is......

My boss is being mysterious and my cousin from ILL called and said wouldnt it be funny if I got another job somewhere else and she moved jobs as well. Never know. My boss could be looking forwards as well. What a concept.

I hope to find a good thing to watch and knit the rest of the day.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    z8tb9i24pku1.jpeg
    *** August 10 ***

Sara - your boss is being mysterious? Is she behaving that way to everyone equally I hope?
    That stinks about the need to wear the N95, but thank goodness you have them and you work indoors. You are correct about all the folks who have to earn their living outdoors. 😢
    Where in Illinois is your cousin? I'm curious because my in-laws live in Quincy and Chicago.

Missy - I bet your Monday was a blast! Good for you to have a great day to catch up with your friend!

After almost two months of silence, there's been a peep out of the other side in my divorce. Now I have to get my house appraised, which I know from past experience is next to impossible. The appraisers in this area are so overbooked that they are only handling sales, not valuations. Gah.

Waving to Tracy and Lynn and everyone else who might stop by today 🌴

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

My boss is going to be a grandmother for second time. So that is part of the mystery. I get my yearly eval on Thursday between 2 other meetings. Get it over with.

Lana my family is in Chicago and the Rockford area. I have heard of Quincy and will have to look on a map. Keeping fingers crossed that you can get someone to appraise your house.

Cheese and broccoli casserole for dinner. Not bad considering it is frozen and boxed.

• LanaCabana537
    8vtc4up7a9ev.jpeg
    *** August 11 ***

Good morning all~~

Time to get ready for walking with the ladies.....

Sara - I just looked up Rockford. Quincy is on the Mississippi where Illinois bumps out the most to the west.
    If today is a day off for you, I hope you enjoy it!

Lana

261.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon.

Bubblegum pink toe nail polish (not the name but close in color). Thought making dinners was today oops wrote things wrong on calendar - so have been binge watching.

Pork loin with French dressing sauce. Potatoes and broccoli/cheese casserole leftover. Tomorrows leftovers will be regular broccoli. Will find way to make won broccoli casserole at home.

103 and too muggy to go get mail but will before lights out.

Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    a8ta8827ialv.jpeg
    *** August 12 ***

Sara - Bubblegum pink sounds so happy! You must have happy feet now 😁 Stay cool indoors, and drink plenty of water/liquids.

Waving to Tracy and Missy and Lynn and Runa and Maureen and anyone else who stops by for a visit today 👋🏻

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Hello all!
    Sara- sounds like a fun color on your toes!
    Not much going on here. Just popping in.
    Waves to all!
    ~Lynn

CW 194.4
    HW 207
    GW 180
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Just saw a picture of Mount Shasta in CA without snow at its peak and I have never seen it without snow. That is how bad the drought is.

Company is mandating proof of COVID vaccine for work. I know there will be people leaving. I just know how hard it is to find professional level jobs so it is a real hard choice to make.

Ate more sodium than I needed today. I had been so good for a couple of days. oops.

• LanaCabana537
    edited August 2021
    4ogrjv4jujxl.jpeg

Good morning all~~

I'm walking with the ladies this morning, with trepidation. It will be very warm and very humid, and I'm not sure that I will do well.... I will go slowly. I don't think any of the speedy, healthy ladies are on this walk today.

Sara - that is scary that you've been working with people who are not vaccinated!? Gah.
    It's also scary about Mt. Shasta.

Waving to Lynn and Tracy and Missy and all who stop by later on~~

Lana
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    On day 2 of my restart. I always do better in the fall and winter then in the summer but I am Starving this morning!!!
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    It is interesting to see more companies mandating vaccines. I know that flu shots are mandated by most of the medical field. But the backlash of this one is crazy. The number of people that are going to risk their jobs over this mandate.
    Friday the 13th- didn't realize that until the kitten pic!
    Jamie- welcome! my only suggestion is to try and distract yourself from the hunger!
    hope everyone has a great Friday!
    ~Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    sa5y28415m39.jpeg
    *** August 14 ***

Good morning all~~

Welcome Jamie 🤗

Another sunny morning here, and I am grateful for that.
    I had my first sweet corn on the cob yesterday--from the grocery store--and it was amazingly good.

I have to go re-jigger my Thanksgiving goal weight to an achievable number. I've been sabotaging myself, and I've not been eating wisely, and of course, the scale tracks all that.

I've got peace and quiet today.....
    The Gang of 4 little boys + moms are coming to swim tomorrow! Yay!

What's everybody doing this weekend?

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Good morning!
    It is interesting to see more companies mandating vaccines. I know that flu shots are mandated by most of the medical field. But the backlash of this one is crazy. The number of people that are going to risk their jobs over this mandate.
    Friday the 13th- didn't realize that until the kitten pic!
    Jamie- welcome! my only suggestion is to try and distract yourself from the hunger!
    hope everyone has a great Friday!
    ~Lynn

I’m surprised at the backlash that one would lose their job. I can see similar to the flu shot one having to wear a mask. But sheesh. There’s no easy option. It’s just crazy.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2021
    zrpavwnjispg.jpeg
    *** August 15 ***

I was having a really busy-weird dream when I woke up this morning. I feel quite tired!
    *waving to Cabana Boy for more coffee*

What's everybody doing today?

Lana

261.6 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 🦃 goal
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Hey, crashing in...I'm 31 and my weight has been all over the map my entire life. I'm 5'1 and the anxiety and depression really took a toll on me the last year and I've gone up to my highest weight ever-181. Starting easy or I know I'll fall off the wagon, 1400 cal/week, aiming for 3x weekly exercise. Used to go 1 hour nearly every day and loved it, now I struggle to get through 20 minutes. Sigh.