Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I am happy to say I was AF last night, but did not sleep well. This usually happens to me after I had a few days with alcohol, the day/night I stop my sleep is awful. And the snacking last night? out of control. I ate an entire sleeve of crackers reading my book. :o So my weight jumped 2lbs this am

Tonight will be better and it just keep getting better. Today I will run some errands but mostly try to stay closer to home.
    I did not get out and do yard work as planned. DH and I have decided we will wait until I finish my 3 weeks working at the fair then finish up the back. The weather will be much cooler.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    Aug 1: A
    Aug 2-5: AF
    Aug 6: A
    Aug 7-26: AF Streak:20 Aug:24/26

Presentation went well I think, though that's just my opinion since everyone had sound and video of so it was like presenting my life to a brick wall...

Interview today! 6 hours with 7 different people. I feel pretty prepared and mostly calm. Time to shine! 😁🤞🥳😬😎

I will likely go out for drinks tonight, breaking my dry spell a few hours shy of 3 weeks. Depends how I think it went and how tired I am.

Awesome! So glad the day has arrived. You sound totally prepared. Hope you love the people you meet. Can't wait to hear about it!!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Womona wrote: »

@Lilylady3k where do you get the Rondel Zero? No one carries it here in PA, not even Amazon! I really want to try it.

@Womona - It is at my local liquor store ... SPECS.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    AF tonight- but I had a nice faux Cosmo. Club soda, a little cran -blackberry juice with a Luxardo cherry to garnish. Of course in my pretty martini glass!
  • GiveHerGrace
    GiveHerGrace Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    August goal - at least 2 AF days for every 1 drinking day (So 21 AF and 10 drinks days max). On the drinks days I plan to have no more than 2. ***Revised Goal for August - More AF days than drinks days ***

8/1 - 8/22 9 AF, 13 drinking days
    8/23 AF
    8/24 3 Michelob Ultra
    8/25 AF
    8/26 AF
    8/27 AF

Rolling totals: 13 AF, 14 drinking days
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    On a mission to find MissMay's coffee bitters :). So way cool :)

Thumbs up to @Mellie289 and @tmbg1 for posting inspiring numbers. I want my September to look like that. Thanks for inspiring me!

@Cindyk4919 sounds like you are having a blast, I wish I could hang out with you guys....my life is boring in contrast!

@lmlmrn I am experiencing the same thing...my body does not like the combo of AF and non-AF days and my AF nights tend to be 4-5 hour long sleep patterns with the 3am wake-up. Life way WAY better when I had gone full-on AF for 3 months. WAY happier, better sleep, I miss it. I am leaning towards this direction again and actually want to go AF for a nice stretch....it's more relaxing, better sleep, and I am more at peace with me. All true.

After an AF week, I threw in the towel on a Friday night to douse the week-long work stress, having some ikky beers with fries baking in the oven.

B-O-R-I-N-G.....!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Absolutely no idea how I remained AF yesterday. I arrived home after work about 1:30PM. as soon as I opened the door the front entry looked as if someone had been shot with a 12 gauge shotgun, the walls were blotted in blood splatter.
    Here my dog was having a horrific nose bleed and sneezing it all over EVERYTHING, including me.
    Frightened and ashamed she is trying to lick it up as it is pouring back out her nose onto the floor.
    Calming her down was the first task and getting her in her crate. She's a bit better this morning. I on the other hand are a wreck. No sleep, look and feel like hell(o)

But I did not drown in a bottle or glass of booze and that's the only good out come.

🐕

You're one strong lady, Miss May! Sorry for your dog's bleeding- must have been shocking.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goal, 16-20 AF days for the month, diary style

Saturday Aug 21 - Drinks - Basically started at noon with boozy coffees. Very tiny amounts of very many things, tried so many combinations. Drizzly day, day off, and tomorrow off too. Had a nice visit with some friends who came over. It was so lovely. I have a tenant starting September 1st, so actually staying inside for a change was very pleasant - I was cognizant that I won't have the place to myself soon. Planning a few AF days soon, had no desire to be AF today.
    Sunday Aug 22 - AF - Planned drinks for Thursday eve.
    Monday Aug 23 - AF - Worked an evening shift, but day shifts for the next 3 and then 1 day off. Trying to refrain from drinks when I work the next day.
    Tuesday Aug 24 - AF - Still gunning for that 16 : - )
    Wednesday Aug 25 - AF - Really really felt like having a couple. After work I got all of my garlic out in some beautiful sunshine with no smoke in the air. Very late to be harvesting garlic, but my whole garden was behind this year. Stayed AF because I can wait one more day - to my planned drinks day, tomorrow eve.
    Thursday Aug 26 - 2 1/4 drinks. Planned. 1/4 was a 1/4 of a can of Gin Smash
    Friday Aug 27 - 2 1/4 drinks, Unplanned. Tried a new brand of Caesar (1/4 of a can, very good) and had it with an AF beer. Then had 2 drinks later.

Rolling total: 15AF days out of 27 days
  • ON_A_DIET
    ON_A_DIET Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @ON_A_DIET you had me at MOCKTAIL, but lost my interest at mountain dew with A&W.
    Good luck in your mocktail journey 🍹

Oh, I have tons of mocktail recipes to post. Kindly don't let one recipe discourage you!
  • ON_A_DIET
    ON_A_DIET Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    @ON_A_DIET - Like @Mellie289 I'm on the less alcohol kick to reduce calories as well as not wake up with a hangover (no sugar hangover too LOL).

But that said I ran across an interesting mocktail that I'm considering trying out. It looks sweet and spicy. Pineapple Jalapeño Mockgarita
    https://tajin.com/us/recipe/pineapple-jalapeno-mockgarita/

@Healthymumlife & @spygirl2014 - I prefer dry wines and it is hard to find a good AF version. But my wine guy at SPECS suggested a sparkling one for a mimosas party I was hosting and it is now one of my go to ... especially as I now have a DIL that is pregnant and joining me in more AF evenings. It is not very sweet (not dry either) and those drinking it usually don't know it is non alcoholic. Try these Spanish wines:
    - Rondel Zero from Spain. It's a Cava
    - AF faux bubbly rose Senorio de la Tautila

Thank you so much for the recipe! I really do like jalapeno! How did you know? LOL. I might post the recipe on the group!