WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    So much to say but it’s almost midnight and I’ve had a very long day.

Pip - you can do it!!’n

Thx for your vote of confidence but I’m just gonna keep riding the way I have been. Usually on the day of Yogi’s 5 mi walk, I stay back and ride and I get off when he comes back from the gym. On the 8mi walk days I walk and get off when he comes back from the gym. I ride the MS ride 2 weeks from today. My donations have petered out, they haven’t moved but at least I made the $1000.00 mark for my jersey
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip – I love your competitive nature. I also appreciate what you do for MS research. My husband is one of those who benefits from MS research and medical support. :heart:

Evelyn, Vancouver Island – I hope you will love your new bed. :star:

Heather & Beth – DH bought an instant pot when they first came out, and so did our neighbor, Joe. Those two instant pots are the property of the men in their families. We also have a slow cooker that we bought after the first one died and produced food poisoning. Yikes. The replacement slow cooker is unused. I like cast iron pots and pans best. Ours are old family friends. :bigsmile:

Kate UK – I hope your gallbladder doesn’t have a flare up. I am glad that I was able to have mine removed. Flare ups were very painful. :flowerforyou:

Lisa - Being focused on your own health is necessary and wise. It is nice when you are able to touch bases here. :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Options
    Our power is out. This is a rare event. :/
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Rita-Holy crap yup thats a fire waiting to happen..glad your all ok.. im lying down right now with the pup, i got up and went tag saleing and went to the first one i wanted to..got a bunch of brand new bou clothes ,brand new baby towel,brand new blanket and boppy pillow to feed baby on all for 15 bucks.. cant beat that with a stick. And another friend of mine gave me a baby carrier that you strap on.
    Then because im going to that Wedding in October i needed a half way decent outfit so went to a department store and found a nice dress and some cute tops,but walking around stores wears me out.. so im home no just laying down,wont sleep but just putting my feet up so to speak..dont want to wear the dress tonight have to rummage around and see if I have a pair of dress pants that fit,probably should have looked while I was at the store but i was to tired
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Carol--Hugs!! Happy Anniversary. <3

Beth--Sorry to hear about the bedrest the next couple weeks. Pray it heals and you will not need surgery. Hugs! Today is 16 years since my sister passed and I am working on getting her son buried next to her. It is a family cemetary and it has been a fight. But finally getting things lined up and his marker ordered.

DH and I got our first vaccine shot last Thursday. I am not happy about it, but the hospital made it a condition of employment. Will get the 2nd on the 16th.

Tracey--Very crafty. I like that. Sorry about the payroll problems. I know every time we have an update there is always something that doesn't work right. Hope they can firgure it out soon.

Been working on the Christimas stockings for the 2 newest grandbabies. Messed up and cut them out upside down, so had to start over and not happy with the material I had for Nevaeh's so will stop at Hobby Lobby on the way home from work. I want to get them done before next weekend.

Hi Viv UK- Glad your knee is doing better.

Machka--We watched the opening of the Paralympics and were very impressed. Been watching different events.

Rita--Glad you found it before it found you.

Rebecca--Glad you are home and Lee is happy you are too.

Lisa--Good to see you, I agree taking care of yourself is first.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well i did take a little snooze for about an hour and I do feel more rested.. will hop in the shower in a bit and get ready later.. its gonna be a late.night.. the party doesnt start.until 7 pm and its a sit down dinner type thing..i ordered fish.. will have to look for my ear plugs..i dont do well in loud places.. but will be great to see all Toms side of the family..such a hoot im invited but he isnt ..but thats because of what he did..
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Zwift home spin bike- 3hrs 52min 30sec, 632elev, 133aw, 64arpm, 105ahr, 146mhr, 20.67amph, 80.1mi= 1408c
    Zwift app = 1781c

Another 80 miles down. 1408 cal total
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Katla. Sorry to hear about your power outage hope it comes back up soon. Thanks for your word of encouragement, they mean a lot ❤️
  • Katla49
    Options
    Allie — Tom was/is not so nice. No wonder his family has invited you and not him. 💖
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :) Worked in the yard this morning then went the library to pick up a book (masks required with the possibility of ringing a bell for curbside pickup for those who cannot or will not wear a mask). Went through drive-through at Taco Time for lunch.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Had to laugh, I can hardly raise my leg high enough to get my pants on never mind touch my head with my toes. I used to be quite flexible, not sure what happened.

Not been doing much exercise lately, so need to get back to it, I soon get out of the habit of things if stuff gets in the way.

It's getting late so I'll say goodnight.

Love to all
    Viv UK <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Evelyn, yep, the fact that many cities have closed their bus stations, making more unsafe curbside stops is unsettling. The driver and I were chatting and he was telling me that the bus station in San Francisco is closed. Maybe too many homeless using it as home base.
    Husband stated the baggage guy could've just had a handheld barcode reader like our gate guards at the Navy bases and would've seen my whole ticket info.
    Rebecca
    💖
    Back on lovely Whidbey island WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did Michelle Dozois’ Shape Up DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Stretching with Nancy Marmot DVD.

After exercise went to WalMart then we went to some ceramic places. Going to pick some things up at the end of next week.

Went to lunch at Red Robin. Had a grilled chicken breast, steamed broccoli, and water to drink.

Evelyn – thanks for the info about frying the veg burgers. Thank goodness I’m not a vegetarian or vegan! It just surprised me that it was deep fried. I did ask at Red Robin if they deep fried their vegetable burgers and they said they don’t. But I got the chicken breast anyway. Congrats on the bed. Good suggestion to Carol

Zkj – SOMETIMES boys are dumb????? I think it’s more like all of the time...lol

Brought the smaller IP down here and I’ll “forget” it. But I really like having it. Made HB eggs and rice. I’m still not all that versed on cooking meats in the IP, but I’m going to try more and more.

RV Rita – so glad it wasn’t a fire. I find it a pain that some fast food places you can’t eat inside.

I suspect I’m going to have to do a lot of running to the store for a small amount because I’m trying to have as little as possible to take home so I’m buying “as needed”

Rebecca – glad you’re home.

Michele now in FL