WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »

Machka--We watched the opening of the Paralympics and were very impressed. Been watching different events.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3

My husband is especially enjoying the Paralympics because he relates to the athletes. :) It is inspiring!!

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Well im back home.. wow ,it was a lovely time so good to see everyone, hadnt seen Bill and Arlene,Toms aunt and uncle since before my FIL passed away and i think the last time i saw the cousins was at his funeral..but waaaay to much food ,nibbled on some stuff,just water to drink and when i go to places i havent been before i bring my cane with me,just for balance..im glad I had it ,i had to hoof down the parking lot and back up and the parking lot wasnt lit.. thank goodness there wasnt alot of traffic..
    Alfie and I are tucked in
    I might be getting a free weekend up in New Hampshire ,a couple towns up from the cottage. Will find out more when I speak with the gentleman tomorrow.. that would be lovely..
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,488 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, strain and season goat cheese, dog group.
    Bonus: one load laundry, learned how NOT to make ricotta ;}
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, deliver goat cheese, livestream church, flagger course progress, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    August
    29: Do something kind to help in your local community. Time to donate to public radio and tv?

After learning how NOT to make ricotta, took Shadow to dog group despite the heat and smoky air.

Julie ouch, that’s quite a price difference. In Amazon can you go to the “Nature’s Way Store” and see if their prices are better than “Executive Accessories?”
    Lisa thanks for the update. Whooshing health and healing and love to you.
    Machka both those stretches look impossible to me ;)
    Rita, yikes! Thankful your power went out before that thingummy started a fire. Sorry for the no power=no coffee.
    Carol ((hugs)) the last time I left groceries, it was a six pack of AF beer left in the cart. When I realized and went back for it… yup. It was gone.
    Vicki sorry to hear of contention within the family cemetery. Brava for persisting.
    Rebecca sorry the baggage guy didn’t think to use his personal cell phone, think most have a barcode reader app built in.
    Allie what Katla said ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: leaner/stronger/kinder than July.
    daily: sit with Joe: 26, weigh/wii: 28/0/0; steps>6704=5460 vits=25, log=28, CI<CO=26, CI<250<CO=20, Tumble=20, Shadow=27, mfp=29, outside=33, up hill=32, clean 10=23.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD YH=1, Wed:TC=2, PW=4. Thurs: Fri:TC=2. Sat:PW=4. rX x4=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2!!! 8/1:141.3 8/8:140.4 8/15:141.5 :rage:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF:17 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Went for my run this morning. Beautiful cloudless sky and DH by my side. :D
    My legs were tired because my last run was Friday, but I shuffled round. :p
    Had to get out early because this is a Bank Holiday weekend, so it will be heaving later. Gorgeous at that time of day.
    Came back for a 25 min row and then a lovely bath and hair wash.

Foccacia for lunch, with avocado and salami, sun dried tomatoes. Salad leaves.
    Prawns, multi veg and pesto for dinner with minimal wholegrain spelt pasta. Yummo!!!!!

DH has cricket tomorrow and I may be out babysitting, so I'm going to make a Spinach and Feta pie this afternoon to have for dinner tomorrow. Boil some baby potatoes for DH.

Vera tonight. First of two new episodes. Hooray!

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Tracey- So glad you had a great time at the wedding. Looks like a loving and fun occasion. :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Machka à like the table.

Barbara, I'll check. I think it has to do with international distribution rights.

• cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Beth - oh no! :'( If the calf gets hot and painful do go to ER. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Tracey … love the photo of you and your daughters!

Machka …. I like the table. A reminder of family/years past perhaps?

Not going terribly well here. Husband has done something to his ankle and can barely walk. And now the calf of my broken leg is developing pain. I have a history of DVT and phlebitis so will need to call doctor tomorrow.

Beth

Yes do call your Dr or go to Emergency.

(I also have a history of DVT.)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Hugs, Beth.

Happy Anniversary, Carol.

Looks like my sister and her entire family may be evacuating and heading this way. Ida currently looks like she’s heading for NOLA. Maybe she will fizzle.

Thank you so much for your donation, I just saw it! I’m sorry to hear about your friends passing due to MS, I will definitely be riding with her/him in my thoughts
  • Machka9
    Options
    The table is an erocol, a British brand that came into existence about 100 years ago.
    https://www.ercol.com/en-gb/about/about-ercol

From what I've been able to determine, it was likely built in the mid-1950s.

The fold-down sides are in great condition but the top needs some work. It looks like it has had some wear. That's OK, at some point we may refinish it.

Meanwhile something about it reminds me of my great-grandmother's or grandmother's house. :smile:

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Oh Beth - Yikes please listen to everyone go to ER if needed..
    Well had a great time last night but lord im dragging today ,Im going to lay low.. have a load of laundry going and just chillin with the.. pup
    Praying for everyone in the path of the hurricane its turned into a Cat 4 and headed for New Orleans and up...
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌹🌺🌻
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Pip, you are welcome. My friend is my only experience with that horrible disease. She was so adventurous - horseback riding, sky diving, hiking. Even after she started having to use a wheelchair all the time, she still traveled as much as she could.

Beth, I wish I lived closer. I’d come take care of you. You and your husband are supposed to take turns being incapacitated. Hugs to you both.

Sis and family are all safely here in Georgia except for newphew-in-law. His mother is a mandatory worker so they stayed. They’ve already lost power. Prayers for them are appreciated if you are so inclined.

I need to leave for church in 20 minutes and I still have wet hair. Later!

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    RV Rita – It is lucky that you avoided having a fire. That melted electric cord seems like a potential disaster. I’m feeling like I could use a dose of Pip’s Boot today, too. I tripped on the stairs from the parking lot last night. I didn’t bonk my head this time, but my knee got banged & it has a scab. :grumble:

Rebecca – “There’s no place like home, there’s no place like home, there’s no place like home” — Judy Garland in the Wizard of OZ. Whidbey Island is a lovely place to call home. :star:

Carol— A few weeks ago I had a similar Senior Moment at Walmart. Luckily it all was set straight thanks to a kind employee. :embarassed:

Barbara – I am happy to know you were able to take Shadow to dog group. I am also envious. Our sweet old boy, Schooner, passed away and broke my heart. We are planning a trip to VA to babysit our grandson while our son & DDIL go to the hospital for the birth of number two. We will start looking for a pup the day we get back home.

Beth – I am so sorry that things are difficult just now. Your broken leg is worrisome and I hope it heals well. Sorry that your DH is having trouble with his ankle. :ohwell:

We had a system wide power outage yesterday evening. Cell phones worked, but not much else. If I have it correctly, a ship in the river hit a power line and caused a widespread power outage. Power is up and running again this morning. :bigsmile:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Laundry in the dryer and Alfie and I hanging out.. I was able to secure 2 nights midweek in the middle of September up in Rye New Hampshire oceanfront.. for free.. taking Trudy with me and Im hoping Tom and Elena will watch Alfie .
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3