GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    rj6bjhx5vjqn.jpg
    I tried going a little lower in weight on my squats, something I was sure to be able to do...and I couldn't complete the first set. So frustrated. But I just did a couple of singles to finish. Kept going. Put on a belt. Each set got progressively better until the 5th set was my best. Idk what is going on with my mind/body. I go to squat and just pop up. I feel like I'm going to fall or drop the bar or something...🤷
    I don't know if a new program will help. I feel like I just need to go with whatever my body will do for the day and be ok with it. For now.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    rj6bjhx5vjqn.jpg
    I tried going a little lower in weight on my squats, something I was sure to be able to do...and I couldn't complete the first set. So frustrated. But I just did a couple of singles to finish. Kept going. Put on a belt. Each set got progressively better until the 5th set was my best. Idk what is going on with my mind/body. I go to squat and just pop up. I feel like I'm going to fall or drop the bar or something...🤷
    I don't know if a new program will help. I feel like I just need to go with whatever my body will do for the day and be ok with it. For now.

I'm trying to set you up using auto regulation and make you a tailored program just for you that will do just that. Unfortunately I cannot get all the info I need from you in a forum. I might get banned for typing this to you in the forums so If you respond to my wall post I could help you. If not I wish you GL.
  • DancingMoosie
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    rj6bjhx5vjqn.jpg

I'm trying to set you up using auto regulation and make you a tailored program just for you that will do just that. Unfortunately I cannot get all the info I need from you in a forum. I might get banned for typing this to you in the forums so If you respond to my wall post I could help you. If not I wish you GL.

Message sent✔️
  • DancingMoosie
    u0hgvbk80bh7.jpg
    I kinda didn't even want to try. I've been so frustrated with squats. And then I got mad and put the weights on and went for it. The first set was ok. But I had to stop after rep 4 for 3 sets and then at rep 3 for last set because my body just wouldn't cooperate. I stand there and try to catch my breath, but it just gets worse until I re rack. Then I do the missed rep before breaking for the next set. Bleh. Whatever. I won't be going back to the gym for a while.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    u0hgvbk80bh7.jpg
    I kinda didn't even want to try. I've been so frustrated with squats. And then I got mad and put the weights on and went for it. The first set was ok. But I had to stop after rep 4 for 3 sets and then at rep 3 for last set because my body just wouldn't cooperate. I stand there and try to catch my breath, but it just gets worse until I re rack. Then I do the missed rep before breaking for the next set. Bleh. Whatever. I won't be going back to the gym for a while.

What about stepping away from those specific exercises for a bit? Try lunges, split squats, goblet squats. It sounds like your body is ready for a break from them, and that's ok.

I know it's frustrating. The last time I hit that wall with stronglifts... I stopped lifting for 8 months.

Hopefully you can find a program you love, instead. ❤️
  • KickassAmazon76
    I came back to lifting a couple of months ago after a couple of years of hit and miss attendance due to work and pandemic. I've been struggling with bench, by far my weakest lift, and it's been really off since I came back. A couple of weeks ago I stepped the weight down and went back to pursuing form. Tonight I went 20lbs over what I had been struggling to do, for two sets of six. Not much, and still well short of earlier maxes, but progress is progress.

Hell to the yeah!! That is so awesome! 👏👏👏
  • DancingMoosie
    u0hgvbk80bh7.jpg

What about stepping away from those specific exercises for a bit? Try lunges, split squats, goblet squats. It sounds like your body is ready for a break from them, and that's ok.

I know it's frustrating. The last time I hit that wall with stronglifts... I stopped lifting for 8 months.

I've had so many breaks though! Oh well, another break starts today!
  • u0hgvbk80bh7.jpg

Maybe focus on isolation exercises for a few months
    Also, what are your struggle points in the squat?
    You could try working on those specific points with different exercises
  • DancingMoosie
    u0hgvbk80bh7.jpg

I start to feel light headed or out of breath, my heart was beating so fast, sometimes it's just that I pop up and don't even know why. But once I start to pop up, trying to force myself into the squat is so awkward and scary.
  • u0hgvbk80bh7.jpg

I start to feel light headed or out of breath, my heart was beating so fast, sometimes it's just that I pop up and don't even know why. But once I start to pop up, trying to force myself into the squat is so awkward and scary.

At what part of the squat do you experience this? When going down? At bottem, or when going up?
    I feel like you first need to find the "weakspot" and then make a plan to work that area.

For example, if it's at the bottem, you can try implementing paused bottem squats (with lighter weight obviously)
    Just to give an example
  • DancingMoosie
    It's on the way down, I can't force myself into the squat because something makes me pop up. I'm not sure why. It just happened one day and I can't seem to shake it. I don't even know if it is a weak spot because these are weights that I have done before.
  • It's on the way down, I can't force myself into the squat because something makes me pop up. I'm not sure why. It just happened one day and I can't seem to shake it. I don't even know if it is a weak spot because these are weights that I have done before.

Is it just when you do it with weight? Or without weight as well?

Have you tried doing front squats?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    I have been working hard on form. Last night was deads and bench (making up from missing lifts on the weekend).

I am super pleased with my dead form.
    195lbx14
    5zg1myx4p6ek.gif

And while the form is a bit weaker, I'm happy with both the form and the weight moved!

100lb x 11
    42k9d7mp0jdi.gif

the angle makes the plates look GIGANTIC. I love it!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Holy wow! Incredible! 👏 👏
  • KickassAmazon76
    I have been working hard on form. Last night was deads and bench (making up from missing lifts on the weekend).

I am super pleased with my dead form.
    195lbx14
    5zg1myx4p6ek.gif

And while the form is a bit weaker, I'm happy with both the form and the weight moved!

100lb x 11
    42k9d7mp0jdi.gif

the angle makes the plates look GIGANTIC. I love it!

Haha thanks! 😁 😊