GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
  • truGAINS
    truGAINS Posts: 656 Member
    edited September 2021
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Dam impressive.......grip strength off the charts
    What's your body weight?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    truGAINS wrote: »

Dam impressive.......grip strength off the charts
    What's your body weight?

I don't know. I never weigh myself. Probably a 107kg range.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Impressive 🏋️‍♂️
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    Was that you leaving the doughnut skid marks?

We saw horses doing this in rural ND,lol. At least they had sledges.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    dsc84 wrote: »
    capezyhvfdoy.gif

It’s been awhile since I’ve been on. I’ve been training hard and it all will be tested this Saturday. Pulling between 9000 and 9500 lbs. Will be pulling 14000 on Saturday. I feel ready but we will see!

Dayum! That's incredible! Good luck this weekend!!!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,079 Member
    b2vcnbddpkou.gif
    588qnafgtw1d.gif
    2ean44adr4c5.gif
    j8tlxbv66cq1.gif
    ro0hzhogy7r5.gif

Posting from phone so sorry if this is weird. Competed yesterday. Did well in most events. Finished tied 8th out of 13. I can do better. I’m taking some down time to recover but can’t wait to get back to it. All of my past work was worth it.

Very impressive! Lots of hard work to get there.
  • carelynn114
    carelynn114 Posts: 290 Member
    b2vcnbddpkou.gif
    588qnafgtw1d.gif
    2ean44adr4c5.gif
    j8tlxbv66cq1.gif
    ro0hzhogy7r5.gif

Posting from phone so sorry if this is weird. Competed yesterday. Did well in most events. Finished tied 8th out of 13. I can do better. I’m taking some down time to recover but can’t wait to get back to it. All of my past work was worth it.

Holy moly!!! I’m over here sweating from re racking my weights!! 😅 keep it up! You are a beast!!
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    b2vcnbddpkou.gif
    588qnafgtw1d.gif
    2ean44adr4c5.gif
    j8tlxbv66cq1.gif
    ro0hzhogy7r5.gif

Absolutely amazing!!! Congratulations! :smiley:
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    It's been a while since I posted in here. Things have been really tough since school started, and I've been struggling to find my equilibrium. Add to that, I had a sore rib /back from baseball and persistent knee and ankle pain... TLDR it's been hard to lift.

I am the kind of person that does not "roll with it" well. If I have a plan for lifting, and something goes awry, I struggle to adapt.

There's no way I can manage 4x a week, so I've decided to stick with the same plan, but commit to doing 2x a week. If I have extra time I'll add in a boxing workout, but I know I can find time for 2.

This was last night's...
    zx2f3x5h2yoi.gif

Haven’t clicked on this thread in ages for some reason. When I saw something new had been posted, I had hoped it was you. Good job somehow finding the time to fit it in.
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited October 2021
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    It's been a while since I posted in here. Things have been really tough since school started, and I've been struggling to find my equilibrium. Add to that, I had a sore rib /back from baseball and persistent knee and ankle pain... TLDR it's been hard to lift.

I am the kind of person that does not "roll with it" well. If I have a plan for lifting, and something goes awry, I struggle to adapt.

There's no way I can manage 4x a week, so I've decided to stick with the same plan, but commit to doing 2x a week. If I have extra time I'll add in a boxing workout, but I know I can find time for 2.

This was last night's...
    zx2f3x5h2yoi.gif

Haven’t clicked on this thread in ages for some reason. When I saw something new had been posted, I had hoped it was you. Good job somehow finding the time to fit it in.

Thank you! I have had a few I could post, but didn't know if I wanted to let it die, but I also find it so nice to see other people posting that I thought I'd do an update. It's stupid how my brain works when it comes to lifting. I know that something is better than nothing, but I seem incapable of just going into the basement and lifting. I need to know what to do, how many reps and so forth. I've tried making my own plan, but it just feels random.

So I'm glad that I decided to just use the 7 week plan I did, and turn it into a 14 week plan. I know it won't yield the same results, but it's SOMETHING, it's STRUCTURED, and it's doable. (There's no reason why I can't find two days where I can chalk out an hour or two for me. :) )

I appreciate you, Mel. :heart:

• Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    I did a little PR on the dumbbell press, 180lbsx8. I'm using the neutral grip, apparently you're supposed to be a lot stronger while using the neutral grip vs wide grip, can anyone confirm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag4CdnPmmPQ

• KickassAmazon76
    Mellouk89 wrote: »
    I did a little PR on the dumbbell press, 180lbsx8. I'm using the neutral grip, apparently you're supposed to be a lot stronger while using the neutral grip vs wide grip, can anyone confirm?

I can neither confirm it deny, but wanted to say... WELL DONE!!

Solid pressing!
  • Mellouk89

This was last night's...
    zx2f3x5h2yoi.gif

Reverse lat pulldown standing? It's the first time I see that, I wish I had a pulley machine at home.
  • KickassAmazon76

This was last night's...
    zx2f3x5h2yoi.gif

Reverse lat pulldown standing? It's the first time I see that, I wish I had a pulley machine at home.

I got mine off amazon for about $60. It's nice, but a bit too lightweight. It is supposed to max out at 40lb. I have 45s on it, but I don't want to push it too much.

Therefore... A lot of my cable work is really slowed down.
  • Mellouk89

I can neither confirm it deny, but wanted to say... WELL DONE!!

Solid pressing!

Thanks, I really like the longer range of motion on this exercise vs the wide grip press. My left arm was shaking a little bit :D .
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

This was last night's...
    zx2f3x5h2yoi.gif

Thank you! I have had a few I could post, but didn't know if I wanted to let it die, but I also find it so nice to see other people posting that I thought I'd do an update. It's stupid how my brain works when it comes to lifting. I know that something is better than nothing, but I seem incapable of just going into the basement and lifting. I need to know what to do, how many reps and so forth. I've tried making my own plan, but it just feels random.

So I'm glad that I decided to just use the 7 week plan I did, and turn it into a 14 week plan. I know it won't yield the same results, but it's SOMETHING, it's STRUCTURED, and it's doable. (There's no reason why I can't find two days where I can chalk out an hour or two for me. :) )

I appreciate you, Mel. :heart:

I get that. I thought I’d go back to a regular gym before I was cleared for my real workouts after surgery. Ugh, no. I actually need someone to tell me what to do. Maybe someday I will do it on my own but not yet.

Well I’m glad you did. Sounds like you have a good plan in place and that’s great! It was really good to see.❤️

(And thank you for the nice words)