What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• gutzbgon
    gutzbgon Posts: 57 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    My tortilla press arrived! No more flattening tortillas by sandwiching dough balls between cutting boards which I stand on. I've also seen people use a tortilla press for making dim sum wrappers which is too much work for me. But if I ever make homemade ravioli or raviolo I will use the tortilla press.

If you use store bought tortillas, salsa and guac this is a very easy but festive meal to throw together on a weeknight and great non sad way for using up leftovers. Tonight I made homemade corn tortillas and pico di gallo (with the coriander on the side because the hubby doesn't like it). We had a little leftover store bought guac as well as some chopped fresh avocado. I cooked some pork mince on top of the stove with cumin, chilli powder, and paprika and we warmed up the last meatball lurking in the freezer. Also served tinned corn, shredded radiccio lettuce and some leftover courgette namul languishing at the bottom of the fridge. We used feta as a substitute for queso fresco.

If you need a vegan taco filling do re-fried beans for hacks. Fry an onion and some minced garlic then tip in a tin of kidney, pinto or black beans with a squirt of ketchup for sweetness and cook until tender enough to partially mash with the potato masher or a fork, adding a splash of water if too dry. Season to taste.

kscxx8swnxc4.jpeg

@acpgee I agree with your husband - coriander for me can spoil a meal even if I taste a miniscule amount!! :s
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    @LazyBlondeChef
    When the weather is warm I prefer to roast vegetables in the air fryer instead of the oven. It is smaller and better insulated so doesn't warm up the kitchen. Of course, the oven is better if you have a big crowd to feed.
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    dqfyk4toxcpd.jpg
    Greek scramble
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Leftover corn tortillas become less pliable on day 2. These were brushed with oil and air fried to make tostadas.
    of88g0k8j39e.jpg
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Simple salad. I tried to make it pretty instead of just dumping it all in, but I'm not particularly good with aesthetics.
    x56qhu8oad89.jpg

Beautiful dish!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Simple salad. I tried to make it pretty instead of just dumping it all in, but I'm not particularly good with aesthetics.
    x56qhu8oad89.jpg

That looks really great and it’s such a good tactic. If your plate looks ‘special’ you’re enhancing your eating experience which is a fantastic tool in any weight loss arsenal. For me that’s important, if I’m pleased with how my food looks I feel more satisfied 😊