WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im up and dressed for the funeral ,
    Alfie is on my naughty list he pooped on the carpet in the other room ,i have a steam cleaner I will have to use later on got most of it out.. He knows better than that ,will have to leave a pad in there I guess when i go out..ugh..
    Slept pretty well..not great but ok..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am hoping & optimistic the trip will go forward. I want to spend time with our family and be there with our grandson when his mom & dad go to the hospital for the birth of the new baby. The flight will be stressful for DH. We’ve had our flu shots. I hope a third Phizer vaccination will be possible. Keeping my fingers crossed for it to be available in time for the trip.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lost my patience again. Grr
    This time so so- a bit slow and tired, grabbed very quick coffee and went to grocery store. I go every week or two and get food delivered (free if over 50 euros). usually on Saturday but can't tomorrow. it's easier than lugging bottles in street or caddie etc etc. so today got a few bottles 3 or 4 types fruits veggie cereal and that's about it. a hand basket full of food maybe 15 items or so. a lady in behind me just had 2 things so I told her she could go ahead of me. she was not pushy nor insisting.. then came a guy behind me with just a bottle of wine.i could see he wanted to go ahead too. I didn't feel great and didn't feel like letting everyone go ahead of me. (there can be a lot of people with "just a few things". then the very new young cashier - never seen before - told the guy she would take him first. I have NEVER seen that. she is very new and was haughty and said she had never seen that before that someone didn't want them to pass first. she said she works there and can decide who she takes first. then she had her mask slipping below her nose as I did (problems with small heads and standard masks- no big deal and I am no mask police). and told me to put on my mask back over my nose. so I told her the same. I was really irked. but I figure I was already in a medium bad mood. but it happens that people want to serve guys more quickly in certain circumstances. it some ways (not all) things are less gender equal here than in the usa. I hate that. I hate my own getting annoyed even more. in the whole world we are not 100% gender equal and never will in my life and mostly I don't fret it but sometimes I am really irked by the rampant injustice. this is just a tiny incidental thing..not worthy of such irritation....in a much vaster context. the young girl had a mocking face words and tone, but was more serious and respectful after a while...maybe she had time to think...as she packed the bag. I don't know.

Julie, I am curious how the guy with the bottle of wine acted?

In health care, patients are triaged so it is not always first come, first serve.

I don't the same applies to grocery stores, though.

If she keeps doing it, sooner or later someone will complain to her manager.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

Karen in Virginia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Terri,

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry you had to go through that, and have another procedure yet to come. (((Gentle Hugs))).

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Beth,

Go forward with a fierce heart, dear Beth. You're a wounded warrior, but you ARE a warrior. An Amazon. Carry the heartache as your breastplate and do your son proud. (((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    I was way behind. Sorry for the serial posts. This is the last!

Barbie,

Ahhhh! Glad for the good news for Jake. That's wonderful. I'm so happy for both of you.

Pip,

Uplifting photos! The 3 Musketeers on another adventure. <3

Barbara,

I'll ask Catalina. You never know...

And I'm another oddball. Prednisone kills my appetite. The last time I took it, I gained 5lbs of water weight during the 6 days I was on it, and 3 days after finishing, I had lost the 5lbs plus 2.

Katla,

Ditto what *Kim & Barbie* said...when you feel so strongly about something, it is important to stick to your guns when discussing it with your husband. I would add - even if the tickets are nonrefundable, it does not mean you have to go along with the plan he made without consulting you. Frugality is not the most important thing here. (((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    DH has embarrassing health problems & needs frequent access to restrooms. We have talked about first class aisle seats. We're working things out between us & will do our best. Leaving him home alone is not a good choice. :noway:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    DH has embarrassing health problems & needs frequent access to restrooms. We have talked about first class aisle seats. We're working things out between us & will do our best. Leaving him home alone is not a good choice. :no way:

:) Great idea. Jake and I decided at the beginning of the pandemic that money was not the most important thing for us. It was far more important to look at safety, health, convenience---even if they cost more.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    oops meant to put last whinge in spoiler; unable to change it at present. I know how to but often that doesn't work and today when I go to another software it takes me to French - so I gave up;

You can only make changes within an hour of your post.

hi it was right away -but of late it doesn't work on SAFARI for me. and when I switch to MOZILLA it wants me to go to French forum. I know its not the same for everyone on safari but that's how it is here at present!

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Lisa--Sending hugs and prayers. <3

Heather--Looks like the party was a lot of fun. B)

Julie--I would not have that guy back for any reason and I would not feel sorry for him. Sounds like all he wanted was pity and money for a job not done. You handled it better than I would of. As for the new cleaner who called you, I would think she would understand you having some basic questions after what happened. I personaly would not want that one either.

Terri--Doesn't sound good at all. Hope you heal quickly.

Barbie--Sending prayers that all goes well with Jake's appointment and he gets good news.

Went to eye doctor yesterday and she said my right eye is not tracking with the left eye. So could be the cause of my headaches and so I have eye drops to use and ordered new glasses with the special lens for the right eye. So will see if that helps. Getting older is so much harder than I thought it would be :D

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND , NE <3

Vicki im sorry about your eyes. are there exercises you can do for that? no that guy will not be coming back.the new person is not informed about the old person. But I won't have her over either. they gave me the contact of a 3rd person who I'll call back next week.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Regarding being woken from sleep -- I have created a cocoon of silence.
    I'm also toying with the idea of getting sleep headphones for my husband and me for whenever we might be able to travel by airplane. No rush, of course, so I will investigate what's good. I like the idea of a sleep headphone and eye mask all in one. I think it would be good for my husband to reduce distractions around us both on the plane and possibly also while waiting between flights ... and I like the idea too. It looks like it would be much more comfortable than the headphones airlines provide.
    Anyway, if you're a light sleeper who is easily wakened, it might be an idea to to create a cocoon of silence for yourself. :)
    M in Oz

These are the ones I have. Love them! But, I will tell you, the headband style will not "cancel" surrounding noise. It will help and it will reduce "distractions" as you say. But if you need to "drown out" snoring or something like that, ear buds are a must. I liked these because they're specifically for sleeping and have a sort of "nose cushion" that keeps the mask off my nose and provides a little extra darkness.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Bluetooth-Headphone-Voerou-Adjustable-Microphone/dp/B07D7T7B2G/ref=sr_1_6?crid=APAI0BGR7ZB9&amp;dchild=1&amp;keywords=sleep+headphones&amp;qid=1632497700&amp;s=electronics&amp;sprefix=sleep+,electronics,339&amp;sr=1-6

qtkcdrt5vj53.png

wow I had never heard of this thing. I'm interested! What sound do you play?
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    BARBARA I would count fun things as cleaning - making cleaning more appealing -glad you had fun anyway! no he won't be coming back. there is only a building code - so I can't change that. there is no code into my home. I did feel uneasy - in case he gets upset if this had an impact on him getting other work. I'm not totally sure his originally from France. Maybe he is. Often they have a lot of people from other countries. in any case he is not "standard - he is off", BUT I think maybe SOME of the French are more rude than in some other places. I would say Parisians are not the most friendly people anyway...but there are some truly lovely ones!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    (((Beth))) I am so sorry.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Barbie that is good news about Jake

Annie congratulations on the SV !
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Sat Sep 25th, 2021 - World Dream Day
    https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/dream-day/

"It does not matter where you come from, where you live, or how much money you have, one thing that we all have in common is dreams! We all have aspirations and goals for a better tomorrow."

"World Dream Day has been established for the purpose of encouraging individuals, communities, businesses, schools, and families to take some time to concentrate on their dreams and make an effort to turn them into a reality."

Do you still have dreams? Not the sleep kind, the goal, aspiration kind.

Machka in Oz

Sure I do!

when my mom was in nursing home at 75 shortly before passing - not knowing how long she would live she still had hopes dreams aspirations.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Lost my patience again. Grr
    This time so so- a bit slow and tired, grabbed very quick coffee and went to grocery store. I go every week or two and get food delivered (free if over 50 euros). usually on Saturday but can't tomorrow. it's easier than lugging bottles in street or caddie etc etc. so today got a few bottles 3 or 4 types fruits veggie cereal and that's about it. a hand basket full of food maybe 15 items or so. a lady in behind me just had 2 things so I told her she could go ahead of me. she was not pushy nor insisting.. then came a guy behind me with just a bottle of wine.i could see he wanted to go ahead too. I didn't feel great and didn't feel like letting everyone go ahead of me. (there can be a lot of people with "just a few things". then the very new young cashier - never seen before - told the guy she would take him first. I have NEVER seen that. she is very new and was haughty and said she had never seen that before that someone didn't want them to pass first. she said she works there and can decide who she takes first. then she had her mask slipping below her nose as I did (problems with small heads and standard masks- no big deal and I am no mask police). and told me to put on my mask back over my nose. so I told her the same. I was really irked. but I figure I was already in a medium bad mood. but it happens that people want to serve guys more quickly in certain circumstances. it some ways (not all) things are less gender equal here than in the usa. I hate that. I hate my own getting annoyed even more. in the whole world we are not 100% gender equal and never will in my life and mostly I don't fret it but sometimes I am really irked by the rampant injustice. this is just a tiny incidental thing..not worthy of such irritation....in a much vaster context. the young girl had a mocking face words and tone, but was more serious and respectful after a while...maybe she had time to think...as she packed the bag. I don't know.

Julie, I am curious how the guy with the bottle of wine acted?

In health care, patients are triaged so it is not always first come, first serve.

I don't the same applies to grocery stores, though.

If she keeps doing it, sooner or later someone will complain to her manager.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

Karen in Virginia

Good question - when he got in line before me I noticed he was antsy - he was not in poor health or having trouble standing or anything- antsy sort of wanting me to let him go before me. since I had just let the lady behind me go first (and she was not pushy AT ALL) I didn't want to let everyone go before me -cause the following 2 people might have 1 or 2 items too I and I was tired I let him be antsy. It's conceivable that he might have made a sign as if wanting to go 1st - and young and inexperienced and runaware she just invited him go first. If I'm not rushed, tired, or having already let someone go before me - I will often let the person with 1 item go first.if I have 15 things or so...
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Julie ~ We are lucky here to have so many scan and go stations. Also, most of the grocery stores here have cashiers who tend lines meant for 10 or less items. That makes it a lot quicker.

Carol in GA