WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Kids fed. :D
    All on their tablets and iplayers. Soon bathtime and Bea to bed. Others allowed up until 8.30 on Saturday.
    The dog, Nellie, is gone! The parents have not yet fessed up, but the kids told us she has gone to a good home, where there is always someone at home and they are very good dog trainers.( They really were not in a position to look after a dog, let alone a needy one! ) It's a huge relief to us as we found her impossible.

Soon I will run out for fish and chips and Prosecco. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Nice pretties Rebecca. :D<3

My DDIL and son have arrived at the Albert Hall for the Beethoven concert. :D
    gt7lem59wl7r.jpg

Glad they made it in time!

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Edie drawing DH on her tablet. :p:p

uty8sr527arh.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well its been a long day but very satisfying..
    Got a load of laundry done. And got both the chairs and the table put together.. the table and chairs fit my space so much better than what I had.. very happy with the outcome..
    Trudy came down and sort of moved a few things around and makes my place look a bit more spacious.. tomorrow i take all th cardboard and garbage out to tbe dumpster..
    This afternoon I took Tracy out for lunch,we stopped at Michaels to get a canvas framed and she got a couple of things there. And then we went to Once upon a Child.. a children's comsignment shop and she got some cute things for the little guy..
    Kyle and Taliah went up to 6 flags as they have a season pass and they ride the roller coasters all day.. nope. No way.. but they enjoy it and they spend quality time together .. plus Tracy gets to rest.. she is coming up on 24 weeks this coming Tuesday.. and it was so nice to spend quality time with her..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did Denise Austin’s Boot Camp DVD then took a walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a part of the Yoga for Weight Loss DVD.

Went to South Carolina to pick up a piece of bisque (like we need more, I have enough to keep me busy until 2024 at least.)

Church tonight. To be honest, I don’t know that I would normally go, but this one guy asked me to lector for him and I said that I would. He lectored for me when we needed to go to FL so I feel I should reciprocate. Have tickets for the Green Room tonight to see “9 to 5”. So I know that I won’t get my steps in.

Heather – breathe! I’m glad Nellie went to a good home. How do the kids feel about this?

Vince wants to cut the grass tomorrow

Julie – I was thinking that if all they needed to do was freeze the skin tag off, I’d have him do it. But he said that it would require surgery to remove it, so since it really isn’t bothering me, I just decided that I forgo it

Sharon – welcome. What works for me is if I don’t have anything to eat after dinner or just have Saltine crackers. Now do I do that???? Nope

My hip is still hurting a bit. Wish we’d heal the way we did when we were 20!

Barbara – when I went to South Carolina today, this is the lady who I got the mermaid from. I noticed that on her mermaid she had shells.

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka I could never get ready to leave the house in 40 minutes. You are a speed demon! Good plan to schedule rest days after the end of month procedure. Good luck!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

I can get it down to 35 min ...

About 20 min in the bathroom & shower
    About 10 min getting dressed
    About 5 min throwing on some foundation, running a comb through my hair and spraying some hairspray.

If I've got a couple extra minutes for some reason, I'll use the hair dryer as well.

I don't like getting up and getting ready for the day so there's no sense prolonging it. :)

M in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    [Well that was interesting!

Thanks for the nice words Heather, I love my pretties, even though I probably do need a cabinet of some sort.
    Tracey, that is a bay window that's in front of our kitchen sink area.
    Rebecca
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    Then shared a salad bag with husband at 4 pm with bread. I put a sliced tomato in mine. I envision us one day eating our afternoon meals together on a permanent basis. We are saving a lot of money with son only joining us for the weekends for meals because he works nights. Also I just fix less if its just husband, but many of the foods husband likes, are not ones I like. Like tonight is a salad bag, and French dip sandwiches with fries. Too much bread! Plus I would rather have cabbage, some sweet onion, kielbasa sausage, and a handful of baby potatoes simmered in some of my chicken broth. That's my heaven!

Rebecca

I'd be with your husband, I think.

A garden salad and a grain bread sandwich sounds yummy to me. :) The sandwich could be chicken or tomato and cheese or similar. :)

M in Oz

• Whidislander
    Options
    xs4qrq7ve6my.jpg
    This is the window area more clearer.👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Options
    If that window got any sun, it would be great for plants or flowers, but sadly it doesn't.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Denise Austin’s Boot Camp DVD then took a walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a part of the Yoga for Weight Loss DVD.

Went to South Carolina to pick up a piece of bisque (like we need more, I have enough to keep me busy until 2024 at least.)

Church tonight. To be honest, I don’t know that I would normally go, but this one guy asked me to lector for him and I said that I would. He lectored for me when we needed to go to FL so I feel I should reciprocate. Have tickets for the Green Room tonight to see “9 to 5”. So I know that I won’t get my steps in.

Heather – breathe! I’m glad Nellie went to a good home. How do the kids feel about this?

Vince wants to cut the grass tomorrow

Julie – I was thinking that if all they needed to do was freeze the skin tag off, I’d have him do it. But he said that it would require surgery to remove it, so since it really isn’t bothering me, I just decided that I forgo it

Sharon – welcome. What works for me is if I don’t have anything to eat after dinner or just have Saltine crackers. Now do I do that???? Nope

My hip is still hurting a bit. Wish we’d heal the way we did when we were 20!

Barbara – when I went to South Carolina today, this is the lady who I got the mermaid from. I noticed that on her mermaid she had shells.

Michele NC

Oh, wow I didn't realise that - that really doesn't seem worth it! especially for one skin tag on the back. Maybe bigger ones need to be removed surgically.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    The parents got back around 11. 40 pm. ;) My son drove us home. They seemed very pleased and happy with their evening in London. :D<3
    Kids were great. They are growing up now and can do so much more for themselves. Fun to be with.

Michele - The parents still, haven't talked to us about it. The dog never seemed happy to me and very needy and neurotic. Edie said they were 'very sad', but the explanation they had been given seemed to satisfy them and they understood. I hope to hear more in due course. I am 100% sure it is best for the dog. It is typical of my DDIL that she was able to make that decision, which must have been hard, and I respect her for it.
    Definitely a 'learning experience'. :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    hobtosdch062.jpeg