WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Janet so sorry to hear your family doesn't know how to behave in times like this. I ended up being the executer of my mothers very small estate and that was enough for me. I hope that you will not be stuck with those duties as well. My mothers whole estate was like $100,000 and the amount of ill will I had to deal with just sorting her wishes was not worth one penny.

Machka - maybe your hida score will be above 35% (normal). I hope your biopsy come out nothing to worry about.

Michelle. Congratz. I am so glad you found a better paying job that won't give you trouble about hours.

Pip and Tracey great pics

Drkatiebug nice hanging in but have the restrictions started to ease? Are you still on shakes? I know I go with about 50 carbs a day and this gives me generous amounts of veggies just not starches. I have many recipes and food that work and are tasty. Such as a nice salmon salad. Moussaka. Spaghetti squash and meat sauce. Do they give you recipes with the reboot?
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,022 Member
    Hugs to Sue and Janet.

Annie in Delaware
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    We don't have much going on today so we're being a bit lazy. It's nice for a change.

Thank you all so very much for your sweet words.

I have to tell you our few farm animals are spoiled. If they are out of the pens they come right over for a little petting. There is a male and female miniature donkey, the male is Earl and he loves attention. The pig is Hollywood, but I call her "Bacon" lol. I'm still a little uneasy with her as once in a while she'll decide to bite. One chicken, Georgia, loves to be picked up and will literally lay her head on your shoulder (I might say I haven't been brave enough yet to pick her up).. I sat out under the stars late last night and it's totally awesome. I do enjoy the peace and quiet and the little small town close by where we go to pick up our mail and buy groceries.

Have a great day my friends.
    Janetr OKC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,743 Member
    Janet ... too much at once! Praying for you and your family ...

Sue ... all you can do is take the high road ...

A gray day here ... the season has definitely changed.

Beth near Buffalo

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    Vickil57 wrote: »

Tracey--Hugs, hope things get better at work, I agree sometimes I get so upset with people when they can't seem to get something when you explain over and over.

I got a bonus at work for working during the Covid and they taxed almost half of it away. Well better than nothing.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3

I’m feeling very bad about my decision. I wish she would communicate more though.

Our “bonus” for working during Covid was taxed too, the government gives and the the government taketh away all at once. 😂 ours was given by the province not the manor.

Tracey
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, dog group.
    Bonus: practiced WBW, DM and 7/8 of Grand Daddy Long Legs, rearranged closet shelf to accommodate new jars, YouTube walked to over 9700 steps toward monthly average goal.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, dogs to shelter for nail trims, call Spectrum Mobile to learn how to print statements, learn last eighth of GDLL, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, wrap T’s gift, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, text C, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: Silver Linings, All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    September
    30: Remind yourself that you are enough, just as you are. ‘nuff said.

Tracey :love: the pic of Banff. Always wanted to take the train across the Canadian Rockies. “…sometimes it sucks working with people.” Amen, sister, AMEN!
    Machka glad you’re getting timely medical attention . . . and that you find joy in new pens ;)
    Pip, Joe loved the bbq grilled oysters at the Bodega Bay Oyster company, if you like that kind of thing. Me, not so much :sick:
    Katla sorry no Yoga today. When will it return?
    Vicki sending strong, positive hopes for your DH’s good heart dr. appointment.
    Julie when I was working I got 4K steps just going to people’s desks. If I walked a half hour at lunch that was another 3K, then dancing could sometimes bring me up to 10K total. Retirement, laziness, and a DVT had me down to an average of only 4K total per day. This year I’ve been gradually increasing, target average/day is 7222 for September. Bravissima for “leaving them laughing.”
    Janetr so glad to see your smiling face, so heartbreaking to hear about losing your DGD. :heartbreak::cry::heartbreak: It’s just not supposed to happen that way. Prayers your DH heart issues are easily and quickly resolved. From one city girl to another, the 4 legged country predators are a little easier to manage than the 2 legged city ones…
    Sue in WA so sad your family is not getting along. ((hugs)) :cry: ((hugs)) What Lisa said.
    Heather, wise words to Tracey, congrats on the editing. Happy pre-birthday celebration with your brother and his wife.

Not much going on here, still avoiding indoor activities like church, T’ai Chi and line dancing. Meeting up tomorrow with some friends for a happy hour at a local brewery’s outdoor seating area, my big excitement for the week ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: leaner/stronger/kinder than August.
    daily: sit with Joe:30, weigh/wii: 28/0/0; steps>7222=9846 vits=29, log=29, CI<CO=27, CI<250<CO=17, Tumble=25, Shadow=29, mfp=27, outside=35, up hill=28, clean 10=13.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=1.5, Wed:TC=1, PW=3, Thurs: TC=5mins, Fri:TC=1.33, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/5:140.2 9/12:139.8 9/19:142.2 9/26:140.7 9/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=14, play=1.25!!! sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Ewww nope, don’t do oysters
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    kevrit wrote: »
    [quote="barbiec
    at;c-46311501"] :) It's impossible to help someone who doesn't want to be helped or who is convinced that their problems are because of someone else. In one of the 12 Step programs, the solution starts with the line "If you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get it, then you are ready..." Many people want a solution but aren't willing to do what it takes to get it or the only solution they are seeking is for other people to change and for someone else to listen to them vent their frustrations. One of the things I love about this thread is that it is filled with women who are seeking a solution and are willing to do the work to get it.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
    Exactly how I’m treating my DH. My DD in TN is getting married in January. I bought the ticket to get there. She has asked me to stay another 5 days to house/dog sit while they honeymoon. I said yes. DH is now angry and worried about the trip already. He is at the beginning stages of dementia and late stages of alcoholism. One is increasing the other. He survived my last trip and never wants to go with me so I’ve decided it’s his problem, not mine. I’m tired of trying with home. Gonna do what I want.

RvRita [/quote]
    Rita you deserve to go on this trip for the wedding. It is a shame that he is having health issues but he chose to drink and if I remember right still does. Enjoy your time.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Rita- Amen girlfriend you do what you need to do for you and your children..
    It is very hard living with an alcoholic believe me ive been there..
    Will keep you in my prayers.
    Im off to get a mani/ pedi for the wedding ,im not leaving for a couple of weeks but have the downtime now so will do what i can..
    Have told the Board by no means do i want the window people anywhere near here without me being here.. I think the only thing holding this place together is the siding 😬
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Our yoga teacher is great. She loves travel and is away for now. I look forward to yoga when she returns.
  • pipcd34
    Last day, bodega bay walk. God blessed us with nice sunny weather. Dogs not allowed on beach, oh well…di674uerjfes.jpeg
    8k1axn1kyjqm.jpeg
    uqvh4q72228j.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    sm625ukq2ihd.jpeg
    jbxwjind2gn4.jpeg
    mm0ybj11fii5.jpeg
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    (((Sue and Janet)) Sending your both good thoughts during this time when you are going through so much!

Carol in GA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    janet -
    pet chickens are the best! they seem to just naturally know not to poop on you, I had one that would sit on my shoulder while I gardened, some times would snuggle down and fall asleep...

Kim in N. California
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Janet, I'm so sorry to hear about your granddaughter and mother in law. I hope your hubby is feeling better soon.
    Pip, loving your vacay photos!
    Michele, congrats on the BK job! Glad to hear that your hip is feeling better!
    Tracey, loved the photo of Banff! I do so miss the mountains..... not the snow, mind you, but the mountains! lol
    Machka, happy to hear that your tests went well, hoping that everything can be sorted out so that you feel better!
    Heather, Happy Birthday! Enjoy your time with the family!
    Lisa, nice to see you pop in every once in awhile. I sure hope your health issues can be sorted out soon....
    Rebecca, your sore tummy doesn't sound like much fun, wish I had some ideas for you...
    Katla, I am really glad that your hubby realized how important this trip is to you and is agreeable (or so it seems!) to flying out there.
    I'm sure there were other posts that I wanted to comment on, but that's the trouble with just reading and not even taking notes! Certainly cannot rely on the memory....
    I have been staying caught up on the reading, but just haven't had much time to comment. Not too much happening in my world, although I did head back into the Y last week. Rules have been relaxed regarding masks, they still have to be worn while moving about in the building and transitioning from one workout station to another, but they can be taken off while you are actually doing the exercise. We also have to show our vaccine passport, which is just a QR code that is on my phone. This leads me to believe that everyone in the building is vaccinated. I still distance, which is still pretty easy as there aren't as many folks in there as there used to be. I'm okay with that! With the weather turning, I thought it was time. I also need to do strength training, the walking and biking is great for cardio, but I need to tighten up some muscles before I start looking like the saggy, baggy elephant! :open_mouth:
    Not much else to say, so hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, on rainy Vancouver Island

Well I have noticed there is such a thing as "too much of a good thing". When I make my soups, there MIGHT be more cabbage than is a good portion, or too much wild rice. Today husband treated me to Taco Bell. We drove there, both still in our slippers! Haahaa! But I ordered a crunch wrap supreme, and a taco. I am sipping the Dr Pepper it came with, content as a cow eating clover.😊 So yes I can process Taco Bell just fine.😁👍
    Just finished making banana bread mini loaves. Today is a gray day!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington