WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    Took it a bit easy today.

Worked, of course ... it's Monday! But as for exercise, climbed only 33 flights of stairs, walked 2.8 km and did some Pilates/stretching. I didn't have the energy for more ... and really needed the stretching!

Saturday night ... DST arrives! WooHoo!! Can't wait!!

mqgi0tmshmjq.png

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    edited September 2021
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, livestream church.
    Bonus: veg prep, practiced WBW, DM, learned 7/8 of Grand Daddy Long Legs, picked huckleberries from bush in front of my office window. kuooc4esl3mw.png
    Get to do: pick up rx, take BP, dogs to powerline, Monday call Spectrum Mobile to learn how to print statements, learn last eighth of GDLL, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, learn a section of GrandDaddy Long Legs, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, text C, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: Silver Linings, All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    September
    26: Avoid saying “I should” and make time to do nothing=maybe in the hot tub Monday.
    27: Free up time by cancelling any unnecessary plans. Welcome to the pandemic.

Michele, I’ve gotten a few mystery requests too. If the profile pic is raunchy, I report it to mfp staff. If not, I just decline. Think some people have figured out how to hack and use inactive mfp accounts, but I’m ignorant as to what purpose.
    Machka Bravo to you and your DH. Your smiles say it all! Thanks for explaining about the mfp hack/mystery friend requests.
    Julie I wouldn’t invest one more minute in something that brings me no joy and with people who don’t have my back. F sounds like he may be having cognitive issues, but that is outside the scope of what you can do for him. I’d set my boundary and move on.
    Pip Turtle Rock RV park is just 20 miles north of me. How long will you be camping there?
    Kiz tell me more about your baby seahorses hatching project?
    Katla I’m very happy your DH has agreed to fly with you. (((hugs))) Would you consider some essential oil as extra antiviral protection on your flight? Do-Terra has a product called OnGuard which can be effective, or simply some thyme oil on a wipe. Safe travels!
    Rebecca really like your ponderings on sentimental items. Maybe I’ll get inspired.
    Debbie beautiful bounty!
    Viv good to see you popping in. ((hugs)) and prayers for your SIL and her daughter through this very hard time.

Getting all those boxes of donations out of the office last week really opened up some floor space. Feels good to walk in, and makes it easier to practice dances. Decluttering is usually painful for me, so I’m grateful that this time it wasn’t.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: leaner/stronger/kinder than August.
    daily: sit with Joe:27, weigh/wii: 25/0/0; steps>7222=9001 ;) vits=26, log=26, CI<CO=24, CI<250<CO=16, Tumble=22, Shadow=25, mfp=24, outside=30, up hill=24, clean 10=13.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=1.5, Wed:TC=1, PW=2, Thurs: TC=5mins, Fri:TC=1.33, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/5:140.2 9/12:139.8 9/19:142.2 9/26:140.7 9/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=13, play=1.25!!! sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

We r here for 3 nights, tonight and tomorrow night
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Karen you may be right ! I don't have any experience with manic behavior.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    hello I had written a post but then didn't poste it in time and lost it.

MACHKA you are right - but there re some interesting bits. I can definitely let up. It's less easy to do in reality than in theory.

BARBARA the thing is that like many human situation It is far from black and white. Most people in the group are fine- some/many are wonderful and I'm delighted to have met them thus- I wouldn't not have otherwise. O and I work often together and often meet for coffee or something just as friends often enough - in a way it kind of strengthens the work by developing a friendship to underpin the work (of course we wouldn't do that if we didn't feel like it)...it's practical as we cross paths geographically frequently enough in our work paths. C, N, R are also delightful, JF and JL I'm less close to but are both extremely generous in some ways. we get a lot of positive feedback and people are grateful.

There are about 7 somewhat active people in the collective.
    This guy is on and off. Off a lot then he comes back like a "maverick" said O. I'm not there to appease a so called "Maverick". (in this context = person who does what he wants regardless of concern for others, pops about willy nilly). He very occasionally has some information through networking - but it's relatively poor - relative to the trouble he causes.

I have informed 4 of the other active people individually. the other is another guy rather close to him who seems - not crazy - but instrinctively aligned with F- as they have known one another professionally for close to 30 years. there is some kind of a guy thing with these 3: O, F and Y. O knows me pretty well by now and is not SO aligned with F now. he instinctively is, (old boy's club?) but after when we talk he seems more aligned with me.

Anyway we are going to the ministry Wednesday - then I'll see. I'm so exhausted.i have felt bad physically (and emotionally) since yesterday
    geting a haircut shortly.

I really need some clothes! after years of confinement follwing years of low concern-- I'm a bit low on slightly nice dress clothes. not really required in teacher field... and then shops were often closed for 1.5 years...and dressing rooms closed...etc...there used to be lots of clothes shops just near home so it was easy to find something but now they are only two and the quality seems lesser. there was a navy trench coat that seemed okay- a bit policy looking but the cut seems rather okay. I lost my old navy raincoat, unfortunately - left it somewhere - probably on a chair in a café - this summer - it was okay but not a spring chicken. I don' truly have any jeans/trousers I love either that are slightly formel - a bit nicer than average. I have some new cardigans...I might have a shirt or two. need some good trousers though. might go across town to a place w a lot of selection.

I"ve forgotten my pincode though! I have 2 cards and I think the one I use most has a new but easy pin to remember an iso I didn't note it and now I can't remember !

I don't know if I have the code stashed somewhere. not sure!

without it how can I buy clothes... hmmm...

bank branches mostly closed on Monday. I can try tomorrow to get some money and see.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,353 Member
    Julie,
    I'm quite cynical on the people side of things, which gets me in hot water on occasion - but for folks like F, I think of whether they bring joy to my life, or for that matter to anyone's life. If they don't, I remove them from mine. I'm not here to tie up with some grown-*kitten* man who is a bully and the opposite of joy. Advice that's worth what you paid for it, of course, but he's taking up your precious and limited time off work. Time to leave him where he lies (pun intended). As far as your friend "O," he strikes me as telling you what you want to hear--and if he's doing that with you, you can bet he's doing that with "F" as well and telling him how horrible you are.

Note - I could be wrong about all this, please do take it with a grain of salt. But at some point, I think we all start kicking the toxic people to the curb as not worth our time. Only you know whether it's worth it to you to continue your activism with the group.

Love,
    Lisa
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,746 Member
    Julie ... ditto what Karen and Lisa said.

Barabara ... love the huckleberries! Do you just eat them as is or do you do something with them?

Rebecca ... I have been contemplating what to do with boxes and boxes of old photographs. As you probably remember, we used to get "twin prints" ... and so I have duplicates. I practically destroyed the only photo albums that had any kind of order when I was putting together "memory" boards for my sons funeral. I have not wanted to touch them yet, but will need to do so as they're a big mess.

The weekend emotionally drained me so I plan to just work on little decluttering projects I can do while sitting down. I've been going through my recipes and reevaluating what I am likely to make someday. Purging quite a bit that way.

Beth near Buffalo

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Julie, it occurs to me that this man "F" you said is retired, and if this is an employment lobbying organization should he even be eligible to be a member? there have been lots of good thoughts here about the situation but it dawned on me that maybe on of the "rules" of the organization is it is for folks that are being currently impacted by the educational institutions. Now depending on a ton of factors I am unaware of retirement from the organization may mean he still should be lobbying for benefits in retirement, but maybe not..... Just a thought.

Kim in N. California
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Pip - Your travel photos are wonderful. :bigsmile:

Viv – It is good to see you posting again. :star:

Barbara – I expect that we will fly masked. Recirculated air is not the best thing in a pandemic. :noway:

Heather – Congrats on finishing your third edit. :flowerforyou:

DH and I will fly to Virginia together or we won’t go. Home health care is not appropriate for him. He is very competent at self-care. Loneliness is another matter. I will not leave him alone at home.

Katla
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,798 Member
    csofled wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »
    Why am I getting all these friend requests from people who don't have any friends and became members years ago?
    Michele NC

Me too? WHat's up with that?!
    I check for profile info and how long they have been logging in. I haven’t found any legitimate ones yet! As Machka said DELETE them.

RvRita
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    2clockzfgyeo.jpg

fb1q3r2567qa.jpg
    Morning peeps
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Pip - I love your dog and miss mine every day. We are hoping to get a new pup in the new year. We have been in touch with a Keeshond breeder and are keeping our fingers crossed for good luck. Meanwhile, photos of your big pup put a smile on my face. ❤️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Pip keep the pictures coming so enjoying the pictures of your travels...
    Went and got my mail and i had a gate out in my hallway and I got a naughty letter from the HOA honestly they have nothing better to do..ive been busy... did a load of laundry,went and got Homer outside and came back home
    Changing my wardrobe over and and they will be replacing my window and patio door ,so i have to move everything out of the way of the window and patio door so im truckin along..
  • pipcd34
    Since it’s been raining, did laundry, been reorganizing and stuff
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    :/
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    Regarding Photos ... my plan is to scan all the older ones.

I've been getting photos digitally for about 20 years now, so the one I scan will be older.

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Did just the upper body portion of a body pump DVD then took a short walk in my neighborhood. No formal exercise tomorrow but I do want to take a short walk in my neighborhood. Boy, do I miss exercising!

M – you’re right, no profile picture. And the usual “this portion hasn’t been filled out”

Heather – we were just talking about the gas shortage over there!

Went to ceramics. Started working on the mermaid.

Oh, looks like I’ll be working at Burger King. It’s 5 minutes from my house. They said they really need someone to do prep (chop lettuce, etc) in the a.m. so that works for me.

Michele NC