October 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,957 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @katharmonic Sounds like you killed that tough workout. Congrats! Fingers crossed for good weather on the 7th.

@rheddmobile Can you opt your mom out of those phone notifications? It seems like something you should be able to do. Glad you are feeling better!

@WhatMeRunning Glad the PF is so much better and you woke up with no pain. Sounds like the surgery is coming at a good time, when you were planning to give the foot more rest anyway. I predict once you have recovered from the surgery, you'll be back to running in no time. Praying that all goes well for you.

@Teresa502 Now I know why your MFP newsfeed said you only ran 8 minutes. LOL Glad you had a good run and were able to rescue the kitten. I hope one of your friend's coworkers gives it a good home. It's really cute. Reminds me of my mom's cat.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Still reading, liking, hugging and otherwise being a lurker here!

So it seems that while walking did not hurt the plantar fasciitis any, once it was mostly healed all that walking was preventing the last bit of healing from occurring. It really reminds me of how I had to deal with tennis elbow. So I've taken the last 6 days off from even walking and now have my first morning in months with no pain or discomfort. I think I'll give it a couple weeks more before trying it out again.

I may need a little more downtime though for an upcoming surgery I just recently learned I will be scheduled for in the next week or two. It's nothing too worrisome (only risk having to go under for surgery) it's to both treat and further diagnose an auto-immune condition I get to enjoy. But from the sound of it I will definitely not be running/walking for perhaps a few weeks after, but am speculating at best right now. There will definitely be downtime to heal though, extent of mobility I'll just have to wait and see.

Keep on being awesome everyone, I am living vicariously through you beasts for now!

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Keep lurking and dropping in to let us know how you are doing. We will be here whenever you are able to get back to walking and running!
  • CarsonSurfs
    CarsonSurfs Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Took to the roads and Greenways here in west Cary today. Did an easy effort 6 miles @ 9:44 pace.

67.1 miles complete of 125.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @garygse !
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @garygse !

Thank you!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the pics @garygse you look strong in those pics so those hills had nothing on you!
  • garygse
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Thanks man...yeah my legs were toast at the end!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Liked and hugged my way through. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. And this is a safe space to whine as long as you need to :)

Absolutely. You guys listen to me whine about heat all summer. It's my turn to return the favor!

@WhatMeRunning Good luck with your surgery and recovery. Like @quilteryoyo said, the recovery time may be timed well to help you get over that last hump with your PF too.
  • garygse
    Options
    Thanks @martaindale ! Yeah, I guess I meant in comparison to previous marathon training. 😄
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    @Scott6255, @Tramboman, @rheddmobile, @quilteryoyo, @katharmonic, @shanaber:
    Thanks everyone...I just got back from Boston yesterday, and boy what a trip that was! As Scott mentioned, the time I ran it was 3:18:04, which is another BQ in itself, but whether it's enough to avoid the cutoff time is another thing.

Those hills at the end though man...brutal! And training was kind of half-assed given the heat of Texas summers, so I did much better than I thought I would.

Hope you're all doing well, stay strong, run safe. 💜
    3t8k1l3n3yb6.jpg

Edit: added spoiler tags

I heard Danica Patrick didn't think those ending hills were so bad....
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Good luck with your surgery!

@skippygirlsmom Good to see you! You're amazing getting up at 4:30 am for your running before work! My hero!