Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Tracey ~ Love the ornaments. You are so creative! :)

Carol in GA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Tracey WOW
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Love the Christmas ornaments…. I used to make ornaments for my family years ago… when I retire!
    Speaking of retirement, before I owned my own business I worked in the IT in Silicon Valley and as many of us did I changed jobs every few years, that was how you got a raise or better opportunity. None of the companies had pensions, but they did have 401K (a retirement plan that you put money in tax free and sometimes an employer will match some of the $ you put in – you pay taxes in retirement with the assumption that your tax rate will be lower then) I have rolled the money out of these accounts and into one account that an investment professional is helping me with, in the process he has had me list every company I have ever worked for and is tracking back to verify that all of the money has been accounted for. A company I worked for in the 1980’s did not appear to have been rolled in, I was able to track it, and WOW the money was there, and had been well invested that amount will make a nice difference in my retirement – happy days! I don’t plan on retiring until I am 70 as that will allow me to have the max from Social Security - based on how well my mom is doing at 92 ½ I have to plan for a long life and want to have the cash flow to enjoy those years.

Allie I am so glad you are surrounded by family – you sound so happy

Machka – Glad to hear you are taking a break and that you are on lockdown, I know it is so much better for you. But of course sad to hear that the numbers are up again.

Tracey – isn’t interesting how sometimes it takes a stranger to say something in order to believe. Veggies and portion control is something that we know – may not always practice, but you know! Then along comes a dietitian and it is heard! LOL

Beverages – I have a 10 oz cup of decaf coffee with non-fat milk in the morning, and then I convert to water and tea – the tea is iced in the summer and hot if it is cold, and the tea is always decaf, mostly herbal… so not true tea. I only use tap water, the carbon footprint of bottling water often some other area’s tap water transporting it and then dealing with the plastic bottle is not something I chose to participate in. Occasionally (1-2 times a month) I’ll have a glass of wine with dinner.

Smiles Kim in N. California
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I woke up to a foggy morning and a cup of coffee. My grumpy knee is feeling better today! I am happy to be healing from my trip & fall on the concrete steps to the parking area. 😊😊😊
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    zonked
    5-7 doing stuff online
    7 am 2nd to last nurse appointment
    8-9:30 preparing présentation
    9:30 online dr's appointment - dr too late (20 min late) - had to cancel
    10-13: class, with my presentation towards the last hour. my presentation went well but there was complicated issue to deal with in class. with my 1%#)** director.
    13h15 new appointment for same online dr - also bout 20 min late -BUT good appointment.
    prep next appointment
    3pm meet M for coffee
    4:20 online dr's appoint GYN (have to get annual MRI ! due to "endometrial kyste" in ovary. She informed me for 1st time that it's better to have it removed for post-menaupausal women -me. She said research is changing on that - no rush).
    Food shopping (I go live, then have delivery ordered).
    I'm exhausted!
    had to come right home for 5pm cause I'm SO knackered.

I'm supposed to go to B's house tomorrow out of town -- I might have to cancel due to exhaustion and work.

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Cheri ~ Happy, Happy Anniversary! Such a cute couple. <3

Carol in GA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous, Cheri. :D<3<3

The kids are here. They see currently playing a dice game Max made up in DH's study. Edie came with me to carry the pizzas. <3 Then Bea created some chaos running around the house, but it's calmed down now. :) I am so glad DH is here to take the load!

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    :)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, Cheri! ... 40 years is an accomplishment worth celebrating!

Beth
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    happy anniversary Cheri and Mr. Cheri!!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Posting pictures on here! for some reason I cannot post any pictures on here is there someone that can help me with this??

<3 Mary from Minnesota/ Arizona
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Cheri- You and your husband were a beautiful couple. WOW! I haven’t seen a recent photo of him, but I know that you are lovely. ❤️
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Cheri and hubby!!💖👍😊🎉🎊
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Cheri <3
    It's great to see that you have been with your best friend for a very long time!! <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,543 Member
    Options
    Vvvvvv