WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,682 Member
    Tracey- yes it will be narrated by Richard Thomas,but i dont think the kids will be played by any of the original cast members family.. i might check it out. I did buy a Dvd with all the Walton movies on it..
    Just got a text from my daughter. Her bosses gave her a baby shower at there home which i thought was very sweet.. she will send me pictures whwn she can..
    Makes me feel grateful
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Machka, I have long believed that there were a lot of things wrong about sharing someone's contact info without their permission, thank you for sharing how it could also be against the law.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    edited November 2021
    Does any one else find sleeping extremely tiring? :laugh: My dreams are so complicated. ;)

One publicity letter to write today. Plus investigate another outlet.

I'm expecting the silk tie I bought for DH for our anniversary. The cleaner will be here if I have to pop out during the 4 hour delivery window.

Much love to all those with troubles. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, made up Thursday’s BB&B, livestream church, emailed fire district safety and security draft.
    Bonus: freezer and pantry inventory, wrote Advent devotional.
    Just one thing:
    14: Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about. Nope. Lacking energy and passion to do any more than already doing.
    15: Build on new ideas by thinking “Yes, and what if…” ok, so what if instead of doing more to help or support a cause I care about, I find a new way, dropping some old ways? hmm

Bookmark brought me back to the last page I’d seen, hooray!

Heather :love: the pics, especially the splendid ladies’ smiles. Does the cake soak in spirits while in tin? Wow, those dry robes ARE spendy. As for exhausting dreams, I used to be so happy to wake up and have to go to work, that whatever it was, was just a dream…
    Karen thanks for the Dan Rather article.
    Rebecca safe travels!
    Barbie what Okie, Machka, Tracey, Allie and others said. I especially liked your smiling while you said No.
    Evelyn would you share pics of your beading projects? Sounds like a lovely way to round out your day.

Lighter, lovelies! 9yy03vnsecoj.gif

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,828 Member
    My bookmarks are in the right sidebar. However, as I did with the stars, I've un-bookmarked this thread because the notifications become overwhelming.

vko1kwqtqt4g.png

• Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    November Plans

- Cycling - including at least one 50 km ride.
    - Walking regularly.
    - Pilates and strength training at home.
    - Running - easing into it.
    - Climb Mt Wellington - Hobart's Mountain - virtually as part of a stair climbing challenge at work. It's a smaller mountain but I want to focus on other exercise.
    - Audax - communications work. We don't have any events to run till December
    - Events - maybe a little travel around Tassie.
    - Medical - I had an appointment today, my husband has one tomorrow and one the day after. If all goes well, that might be it for the month! That would be nice!!
    - Plus, of course, my 2021 To Do List - getting organised, simplifying, etc. ... only that list seemed to get longer throughout October. :neutral:

Or maybe I didn't have the time and energy.

Hopefully I've got more energy this month! But so far, it's not looking good. I didn't sleep well last night, dragged through the day, and fell asleep on the bus before we left the city ... and struggled to wake up for my stop.

However, I did perk up enough to plant my flower seeds with my husband this evening and practice a little piano before dinner.

M in Oz

Halfway through the month!

Cycling - yes, we've done at least one 50 km ride. But not much more. The weather.
    Walking - somewhat regularly. Not as much as I would like. It's been a weird month. Weather and being very busy at lunch.
    Pilates and strength training - does shovelling gravel and weeding count? The weeding is really stretching out my glutes!
    Running - I keep meaning to do it, but I've been tired.
    Climb Mt Wellington virtually - I'm getting there but not very quickly. I need to step up my game!
    Audax - I've done some of the communication work.
    Events - we'll see.
    Medical - at the moment, I don't think we have anything pressing.

And that To-Do list. Still not getting on top of things.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Action for Happiness Calendar for November ...
    https://www.actionforhappiness.org/november

This month's theme: New Ways November

This month, we're encouraging you to try something new! Learning something new or getting involved in an activity that really absorbs and interests us is great for our wellbeing. Keeping our brains active is not only good for us physically but it can help you feel you are flourishing as you see yourself make progress with a new skill, or just make you smile as you make a mess and decide to start again. :) Being playful and trying new things is important, as is remembering that it's OK not to get it right first time - change "I can't do it", into "I can't do it...yet!" This month's calendar is full of ideas to help you decide what to try next.

eytfelh3v5ax.png

1) New Things I Want To Do This Month
    - actually make progress on my To Do list!! Last month I added things to the list. This month I'd like to cross things off as done!
    - playing piano is still pretty new for me
    - making Christmas ornaments with nail polish
    - having son and daughter-in-law for dinner
    - going camping with husband for first time since accident ... maybe
    - planting flowers

2) Respond To Difficult Situation In New Way
    I'm kind of running out of new ways to respond to my difficult situation. However, one thing I try to do when things are getting difficult is to smile. Evidently I have a resting grouchy face which may make people respond defensively to me ... so I have consciously tried to produce a beaming smile at times. I probably look like Sheldon Cooper when he tries to do that, but that's OK. It's a start.

M in Oz

15. Build on new ideas by thinking Yes and What If

Artistically, I've collected some art supplies from a place selling off their stock for 40% off. I have an experiment in mind. :)

M in Oz

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    On a downer at the moment, miserable weather, lack of holidays etc etc. Comfort eating, scale going in the wrong direction. Monday morning, have given myself a good talking to and will exercise and try to control food intake.

Stay safe everyone
    Kate UK ❤️

Hi Kate, kind of similar, more or less... with variants....hopefully we'll be on the upswing. <3
  • cityjaneLondon

Barbara - we have given it a good dose of brandy!

I'm ashamed to say I spent all morning working out how to make the seagull art pic into a card for my son. I did succeed. Just got to print it when the paper arrives.

Have not done the publicity email. :/
    Tomorrow is another day. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,682 Member
    Morning ladies
    Slept pretty well ,got Alfie out and am just catching up with you all.. stomach is much better. So will hop in the shower and do laundry and feed Alfie,not all in that order though.. have to find out if my son can get his booster yet.. i think he can just go down to the local pharmacy.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    Jjjjj
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    68547cwg98wmzcn.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    An interesting article in the Guardian for those of us who feel too much and are supersensitive.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/nov/15/visionaries-overemotional-people-happiness-sensitivity-smells-sounds

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx