The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,154 Member
    BeIn2day wrote: »
    Hi Sober Squad 😊😁

Hope everyone is doing well, just thought I'd ask ya'll what 1 of your favourite benefits are of quitting / interrupting your alcohol intake?

For me, it's discovering my love of reading. I have an actual hobby now !! I would never have discovered this had I not stopped / interrupted my drinking. Reading has opened up a whole new world for me.

May have to buy more book shelves 😬📚

It's having a tons of time in the evening after work to do lots of things. Teaching myself how to build a website, create a small business, yes reading too like you, ....

Also, I like remembering the night before.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    GOOOOD Morning...I hope everyone is healthy & happy today...when things get tough remember this: "I am EXACTLY where I need to be right now." I repeat this phrase to myself regularly when I get anxious about the future or regrets about the past. It brings me back to the present <3

I hope everyone is hangin in B)
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,154 Member
    GOOOOD Morning...I hope everyone is healthy & happy today...when things get tough remember this: "I am EXACTLY where I need to be right now." I repeat this phrase to myself regularly when I get anxious about the future or regrets about the past. It brings me back to the present <3

I hope everyone is hangin in B)

I'm doing well! I drink on occasion but not like I used to. Of course, sobriety 24/7 is best for me, but sometimes "good enough" is what I can do. My daughter turned 21 and we both had a drink at lunch. She was so excited to order one.

I guess that's normal; but I didn't promote it with her. I remained neutral. She knows my struggle with alcohol and I've spoke frankly on it. It's her journey now.
  • lorrainequiche59
    Hi @lorrainequiche59 in case your wondering where I am these days, I'm still here ! I started my own sobriety thread. Its in the challenges section called Sobriety Matters ~ I sent you a private message on here. Not sure if you received it or not. ❤

Hey there Thank you I'll check it out... <3
  • lorrainequiche59
    Hello to All <3
  • jrowens3102
    jrowens3102 Posts: 29 Member
    @lorrainequiche59, @Beka3695, @BeIn2day, @RubyRed427, @lloydrt and all other members here: Good morning from the Pacific NW! The holidays can be tough but I enjoy it more without alcohol. Today's a good day to be sober!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    hello to you as well jrowens..........looks like very few people are coming here recently.........? Hope all is well with everyone................best wishes
  • jrowens3102
    edited December 2021
    @lorrainequiche59, @Beka3695, @BeIn2day, @RubyRed427, @lloydrt and all other members here: Good morning from the Pacific NW! The holidays can be tough but I enjoy it more without alcohol. Today's a good day to be sober!

I'm looking forward to a AF festive season 🎄🎅

Had my first one last year, and loved it ! Today is a very good day to be sober 😊

• jrowens3102
    lloydrt wrote: »
    hello to you as well jrowens..........looks like very few people are coming here recently.........? Hope all is well with everyone................best wishes

Hey ! I actually made my own sobriety thread so I have been hanging out on there more often these days. But I will still pop by and say hello here too.

Hope everyone is well 😊❤

Cool. Why did you decide to leave this group and start another?