NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever I’ve also noticed how much more nimble and flexible I’ve become since incorporating stretching. After all, we are NOT old ladies! B) I am pumped and ready to lose weight. I am also realistic that I have three parties, a caroling event, and Christmas Eve and day to be merry and eat. I listened to a podcast today where the woman said that she doesn’t call it a cheat day. It’s a choice that we make and if we make a choice, we must own it. Truth! :)

@cbabie Good to see you! <3 And you are right that we are not promised tomorrow at all. So today, choose joy and the peace that only your faith can truly give you.

@trooworld Good news about your BIL and I pray that he will continue to improve and get to go home. Mmm eggplant parm is so good! You better get on the Christmas bandwagon. I’m super happy at how much I’ve gotten done this year. I just need to get something for my 7 Sunday school kiddos. We are going to have a party. They want cookies, candy, and vegetables! :D

Hello! We had an interesting day at staff meeting. Our associate pastor stepped down. Fortunately, he isn’t leaving the church and there is a chance that we might get a young man who used to be our youth pastor to come and take the position. I am hoping so!! He is amazing and one of the most gifted speakers, I’ve ever heard. I’m praying hard for him to say yes! o:) In other news, I came home and washed all the platters and bowls that I will use for Saturday’s party, and tomorrow after I clean the church, I’m going to the store, and then I will prep as much food as I can. Tomorrow night, we are going to the church to watch A Charlie Brown’s Christmas out on the lawn. The weather is supposed to be super nice and we will have popcorn and hot chocolate! :grin:
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @cbabie I've been thinking about you and hope you are getting better. It's good to hear from you. Hugs.

@theslightedgeforever The eggplant parm was delicious. What's in your burrito bowl besides sweet potatoes? Do you ever buy the already cubed butternut squash? I do sometimes even though it's so expensive. That's great about the PT exercises helping.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, thank you! <3 The eggplant parm was really good. :) Yeah, I seriously need to get going on Christmas or they will be New Year's gifts! ;) The kiddos want veggies? That's weird but great! Hopefully, the young man will step up to the associate pastor position. That sounds so fun to watch a Charlie Brown Christmas on the lawn! Enjoy!

Hi all. I'm doing okay, still eating junk but that's almost gone so that's good. It's been a long week, I'm glad it's Friday.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @teresaw1020 Doesn't it feel good to feel young. Which podcast are you listening to? I have 2 I really like. Sounds like you have a lot of fun things going on.

@trooworld I'll post the recipe for the burrito bowl. No I haven't seen the squash cubes. That's a good idea. Better yet is for me to buy one and cook, cube myself and freeze so it's always ready and less money.

177/238 Green
    46 min cardio, weights, stretching
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    kgxrcved38su.jpeg

Up wicked early today. Woke up to go to the bathroom dogs took it as getting up so they were ready to go as well and just couldn’t get back to sleep. Figured I’d jump on here. Lol 😂

December Goals:
    Walk 2 times a week minimum, Zumba 2 times a week.
    Cook healthy meals and snacks.
    Work on being more positive as it’s definitely getting to be the winter blues season. Christmas helps.
    Lose 5 lbs
    Drink more water

CW: 225.8
    HW: 226.8
    GW: 110
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, that is a good idea to do. I look forward to the recipe.

@gemwolf110 Wow that is an early post! You have reasonable goals. Good luck!

Hi all. Last night, we finally got a Christmas tree and put that up. I will share pics once we get everything up, we still have to put up the Christmas village. I don't know when we will do that part since my husband is busy with his brother. I'm going grocery shopping this morning and then I have to pick up my painting that was in the most recent show, the show is over. After that, I am going to go to a coffee house and do art and drink coffee. Speaking of coffee, my best friend told me about this coffee that is really strong, it's called "Death Wish". I ordered some on Amazon and it is delicious and is indeed really strong. I highly recommend it if you love coffee and want to stay up lol.

ngyanepjsh3l.png
  • gemwolf110
    trooworld wrote: »
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, that is a good idea to do. I look forward to the recipe.

@gemwolf110 Wow that is an early post! You have reasonable goals. Good luck!

Hi all. Last night, we finally got a Christmas tree and put that up. I will share pics once we get everything up, we still have to put up the Christmas village. I don't know when we will do that part since my husband is busy with his brother. I'm going grocery shopping this morning and then I have to pick up my painting that was in the most recent show, the show is over. After that, I am going to go to a coffee house and do art and drink coffee. Speaking of coffee, my best friend told me about this coffee that is really strong, it's called "Death Wish". I ordered some on Amazon and it is delicious and is indeed really strong. I highly recommend it if you love coffee and want to stay up lol.

ngyanepjsh3l.png

I could totally use that coffee lol 😂 I think a coworker of mine recommends it as well. And just picked up my tree and gotta now decorate it. I love real trees but I think I might just get fake for next year.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited December 2021
    @gemwolf110 Your December goals look good.

@trooworld That coffee looks wicked. Looking forward to your pics.

205/164 Yellow
    Exercise-rest day

• theslightedgeforever
    iu7ife33ya7n.jpeg
  • theslightedgeforever
    d2tbbmz9tp61.jpeg
  • gemwolf110
    Good Morning 🌞☀️😃 got a decent start in decorating

2ujdcar8ftj2.jpeg
    djajzebdjwek.jpeg
    ixnrwjitvg83.jpeg
  • trooworld
    @gemwolf110 Yeah it's really good. Your decorating looks awesome! That's a nice tree. I got a real one this year because we don't have anywhere to store a fake one, otherwise, I totally would have gotten a fake tree.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah it is wicked but in a good way lol. Thanks for the recipe.

Hi all. I made turkey chili and cornbread for dinner last night. It was good. I was alone all day yesterday, it was kind of nice. I did my errand and went to the coffee house. Unfortunately, it was a little busy so I got a terrible people-watching spot by the barista. I didn't stay that long, maybe an hour, because I was also afraid someone would try to look at my sketchbook which is something I don't like people doing unless I voluntarily show it to them. Today, I'll likely be alone all day again. I started making magnets for my coworkers so I'll finish those and maybe read.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, am sitting here looking out my window, hoping I get more done today. We got our lights hung on the outside this week, got the tree up, etc. I wanted to start making cookies and such...but just haven't felt like it. I was in bed most of the day yesterday...just tired. I will be getting in the shower soon to go to church. Not sure if I am taking baby girl yet. She is still trying to get back to normal too.

@gemwolf110 Love the pictures and the tree is beautiful.

@trooworld , your day with coffee sounds fun and relaxing. I don't like strong coffee so enjoy it all to yourself LOL

@TeresaW1020 I hope your 'pick" accepts the challenge. LOL. You do have a busy time ahead and yet I hear excitement in your post. So happy you are enjoying this season,

@theslightedgeforever Glad someone likes your 'meal" ....doesn't look good to me...I am still surprised we grew up in the same family..LOL. I eat like Dad and you eat like Mom... I have eaten too many carbs and yuck...trying to find something to taste good. This is where I have to stop and say it's for nutrition and not taste. LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm glad to see you seem to be feeling better, no? I hope you continue to improve. It's nice to "see" you on here. I did have a nice day yesterday, with my husband gone all day, I could do what I wanted! :D I love that coffee lol.

• theslightedgeforever
    @gemwolf110 I LOVE the stockings. They are so cute. I'm hearing "all the stockings were hung by the chimney with care" in my head.

@trooworld How is your WW program this week? Staying within your points? I might make some chili and cornbread this week that sounds good. Isn't it nice to be alone. ;) I get so much more done.

@cbabie That's not a pic of the meal I made but the magazine pic. Mine didn't have the avocado or pico de gallo. My meals were too healthy for mom. Healthy can be tasty. You just have to find what you like.

156/164 Yellow
    No exercise
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever, I listen to a lot of podcasts but the diet ones that I like best are Fast Keto, Diet Doctor Podcast, Optimising Nutrition, and Keto Life Support. What do you like? :)

@trooworld I need some of that Death Wish coffee!!! :grin:

@gemworlf Do the dogs leave the decorations alone? Such a pretty tree! :)

@cbabie Are you still feeling tired out from having Covid? It can take a while to get your energy back. How is baby girl liking the Christmas season? My sister said that her three-year-old granddaughter is in her element this year and all about the decorations. :)

Hello! So, the party yesterday was a huge hit, and everyone had a great time. There were 11 of us and we all ate way too much food and did a lot of laughing and talking. I was totally wiped when it was over and I’m still feeling the effects from all the work and the sugar I ate. For dinner tonight I’m making mom and Joe help eat up the leftovers. Tomorrow I will be back on track! And speaking of tomorrow, I have to drop off DH for his lung biopsy at 8 am. They don’t need me to stay, and it can take 6 to 8 hours, so I’m taking mom grocery shopping and then will try to stay busy at home until he calls me to pick him up. We are hoping that we find out the result this week so we can move forward with some understanding of what to expect. :|
  • gemwolf110
    @theslightedgeforever, I listen to a lot of podcasts but the diet ones that I like best are Fast Keto, Diet Doctor Podcast, Optimising Nutrition, and Keto Life Support. What do you like? :)

@trooworld I need some of that Death Wish coffee!!! :grin:

@gemworlf Do the dogs leave the decorations alone? Such a pretty tree! :)

@cbabie Are you still feeling tired out from having Covid? It can take a while to get your energy back. How is baby girl liking the Christmas season? My sister said that her three-year-old granddaughter is in her element this year and all about the decorations. :)

Hello! So, the party yesterday was a huge hit, and everyone had a great time. There were 11 of us and we all ate way too much food and did a lot of laughing and talking. I was totally wiped when it was over and I’m still feeling the effects from all the work and the sugar I ate. For dinner tonight I’m making mom and Joe help eat up the leftovers. Tomorrow I will be back on track! And speaking of tomorrow, I have to drop off DH for his lung biopsy at 8 am. They don’t need me to stay, and it can take 6 to 8 hours, so I’m taking mom grocery shopping and then will try to stay busy at home until he calls me to pick him up. We are hoping that we find out the result this week so we can move forward with some understanding of what to expect. :|

They seem to leave the decorations along. Except for one year Nasha destroyed her own stocking guess she was pissed that there was nothing in it for her as it wasn’t Christmas yet. So I still need to replace hers. My mom thinks I’m crazy to do that tho…
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever It's been cr@p ever since my BIL went into the hospital. I wasn't tracking but I'm sure I was over my points if I tracked. I did track yesterday and I will today, I'm beginning to crawl out of the hole. It is nice to be alone!

@TeresaW1020 Amazon, my friend! It's super tasty, strong but not bitter. :) I'm glad your party went well. I hope all goes well with the biopsy. I'll be thinking of you and your husband. Staying busy is probably a good thing today. Hugs to you.

Hi all. I had a nice day yesterday, I made some magnets for my coworkers for Christmas, took a nap, and then went to another coffee house to sit and draw. It was relaxing, which is just what I needed. We had taco salad for dinner which really hit the spot. Back to work today.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, I went to church yesterday, ran a couple of errands and came home exhausted. This covid crap is physically draining. I am always breathing harder than I used to..get winded, etc. Baby girl seems to be doing fine. Her appetite hasn't been what it should be, so I am watching that..she is already very thin and tall. :). I am just eating to eat...nothing taste, it's all bland. So today I have to get back to watching and tracking...I was just eating hoping it would give me my strength back...well that's not the answer. I have been riding my bike for about 2 miles a day...so that is the good news. I have to get on the scale today and see where this past week has landed me. LOL

@gemwolf110 Yea, I am kind of like your mom...I wouldn't buy another stocking...but the people I live with would. LOL. I have one that is a yapper, I threatened to throw her in the pool and let her drown...I wouldn't, so instead I had to bring her into the house and not let her see outside. (she doesn't like our neighbors Christmas decorations.).

@TeresaW1020 I hope all comes out good with the biopsy for your DH. So glad you had fun...that's is part of the reason for this time of year. Yes the 3 year old is full of life when she sees the lights and decorations...We watched Angela last night part 1 and 2, it's on Netflix..right now...the 3 year old loves the story of Baby Jesus.

@trooworld So glad. you have some down time to yourself...sorry it's under the circumstances it is. I draw stick figures...LOL. My 3 year old is into "painting". her and daddy sit down every night and paint.

I can't wait to go see the lights around the neighborhood with the little one...It just makes me smile and laugh and forget what kind of world we are living in right now...

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 My weekly ones I listen to are Focus on this, Your Health First, Losing 100 Pounds with Corrine, and Weight Loss Made Real. Focus on this is a setting goals, productivity, podcast. But the rest are about health, diet, and exercise. I learn something every week. Fingers crossed you get quick results that are good. Party is over and now back to your regularly scheduled program.

@gemwolf110 What have you done today to work towards your December goals? Did you get stockings as a child?

@trooworld So how about track the next meal. You need to take care of your health too. Going over on points will not help you. But so easy to do. One of my podcasts this week was talking about whether we are having a good day or a bad day? It's all about perspective. Still goes back to the thoughts we tell ourselves.

@cbabie That's great that you are riding your bike. Regarding your yapper, I can hear mom say "tell the Lord she died". >:) Christmas lights are fun.

I went to my PT appt early this morning. A different one than for my hip. He thinks I might have a stress fracture on top of my foot. Plus the plantar fasciitis/heel spur. He did some TENS on my feet. Showed me some strengthening exercises and other stuff. He says I'm doing everything at home correctly. (Thanks Google and YouTube).

130/164 Yellow
    Exercise-Rest Day

I gained 0.7 from Friday's food. :/
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..sorry I haven’t been on here lately. I have been tracking & staying somewhat in my calories. So slowly losing again. Trying to get my 10,000 steps…make it more days than not.

@TeresaW1020 Hope your hubby’s biopsy comes out OK. All your Christmas parties sound fun.

@trooworld Glad your bil is doing better. I like alone time, too, thought I would have it last weekend while dh went hunting, but didn’t.

@gemwolf110 Your tree & decorations are very pretty. I put stockings up for all of us, including the grand dogs! But rarely put anything in them any more, lol.

@cbabie. Glad your COVID is getting better. I have heard lately about people I know from the small (2,700 people) where we used to live that weren’t so lucky. I do think one was a big denier, but still feel bad for his family.

@theslightedgeforever. Your bowl looked pretty good, except maybe the avocado, lol.

We have our Christmas decorations up, I love the lights. Although I was frustrated doing it..had quite a time getting the lights to work. We have a prelit artificial & there is one row on the middle section that we cannot get to light! Oh well, decorated it anyway. I’m not sure I want to get another big tree, so it will do for this year & I’ll see what I think next year.

My oldest gd (will be 15 in Feb) had surgery on her hip last Thursday. Had a torn labrum..probably from high kicks or splits in dance. So I went over & stayed with them during the day while dh & sil (her dad) went deer hunting. It gave dd a chance to get some stuff lined up for this week. Gd thinks she will be going to school on Thursday, but I hope she stays home until at least next Monday. We have their dog with us for awhile since she wants to sit with gd. What a bed hog!😂

Hope everyone has a good week.