WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Lisa- your a hoot girl.. he thought he would get away with messing around on me for how many years? And then thought I would just sit back and let him say oh im sorry and let it go. Yeah A no!!
    Ya'll know my nature and im not a fighter,I am a forgiver .. but and there is a big but
    I will NOT let him manipulate money wise what he did to my life. And im sorry,but he will look like an a-- when the judge hears what ive been through the last few years..
    Even though Elenas income has no bearing on anything, it still is income coming into the home.
    With Tom its all about money.and Im not backing down.. dont you worry.. my attorney will take care of it.. and he can pay her fees too
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I love the Christmas songs and enjoy the beauty of the music. I do not sing at all well. Oh well —
  • Katla49
    We are looking forward to watching the Christmas Ships Parade this coming Saturday. Boaters in our area decorate their boats with lights and parade nightly in the Willamette and Columbia Rivers. They will visit our part of the river this coming Saturday. ❤️🎄❤️🎄❤️🎄
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK ❤️
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Pip,

Gorgeous B&W photo of your pup.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited December 2021
    Pip ~ Love your Christmas decorations. The tree is lovely.

Heather ~ The skaters look like they are having loads of fun!

We have not put up any decorations yet. They are all in the basement and hopefully we will get the front door hangings and the tree up soon.

Gifts:
    My husband came from a family where giving wonderful gifts was very important. At this time, I have no idea what to give my Son and his family and they are the only ones we buy for. But, DH insist that we spend a certain amount of money. I have the money to spend, but, at 74 yrs it is hard to know what young people want/need. My DH's parents never asked us what we wanted/needed and we ended up with whatever even though we went through many years where we lived pay check to pay check with no extras.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,127 Member
    edited December 2021
    Hooray, it's proper storming out there, so my conscience can rest easy! >:):p:o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Carol - Just ask them what they want. <3 I have never bought expensive presents without asking. I always check with DDIL for the big presents for the kids. This year the adults are getting a charity donation, but if you want to give an actual present, just ask. There is nothing worse than people spending money on things you don't want, when there are things you know you would love.
    My DS's sister is the only person still clinging to the idea of a present. She says it's because she didn't have them as a child. I've left it up to DH to do it this year and say it's from both of us. ;) She had already bought mine by the time I rang up to cancel. She says I won't know what it is, which sounds ominous!
    We are not seeing anyone over Christmas except the grandchildren on Christmas Eve, when they will open their presents from us. Clothes and art stuff.

I had a very long chat with my friend G after lunch. She is having a cataract operation on Friday and flying to Singapore on the 21st. She lives in York and has to get to Heathrow. She is not supposed to lift anything heavy, but is taking two HUGE suitcases, stuffed with presents and food. She is even planning to take a joint of beef. Cheese, Panettone ×2,. Even a set of plates. I tried to talk sense into her.
    You can buy everything in Singapore. There is even an M&S. Her son is super rich. Super Rich.
    Oh well.

Love again, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Pip--Your front of your home looks beautiful. It was nice of her to leave the ornament. My DS found out they will not be moving into their new house this week because the counter tops have not got in yet. They are hoping now for next week. Glad it is them and not me as I would be crazy with all the delays and choices.

Michele--I just went in to messages and put in her user name and it came up. I couldn't find it either the other way.

Mary--Prayers <3

Barbara -- We still have no answers for sure and see another doctor this Friday. He is having a rough week as just so worn out he can not do much and then he is mad at himself.

Julie-Barbara--I also keep hard copies of every thing I can.

Lisa--I had forgot about Tom only giving Allie $20 a week when they were married. Now he wants to raise it to $25 and she is to take it and be happy. What a jerk. Allie please stand your ground and do not let him threaten you or anything, and I agree this friendship is so one sided.

My women's Christmas party last evening was a lot of fun. Lots of good food and laughs. My DIL and 2 DGD's came. I did well and didn't over eat, just sat back and enjoyed the company.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND,NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Im getting 325 weekly he wants it down to 100 weekly.. still pfffft
  • Peach1948
    Heather ~ I have asked them what to get, but, they aren't coming up with anything (especially for the children). Hope they will come up with something before it's too late.

Carol in BA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    Im getting 325 weekly he wants it down to 100 weekly.. still pfffft

Ha! Yet one more thing I've lost as I've gotten older. The ability to do math in my head. I still think Tom is a weasel of the lowest order, and he's done nothing to change my mind on that.

You're such a trooper, Allie - am glad you're not letting him get away with this. You bend over backwards to be nice to others, and I'm glad you're not going to be nice about this.
  • Katla49
    Peach - We haven’t put up decorations yet, either. We just returned from our trip to Virginia, and are working on rest and getting ready for the holidays. So far we haven’t even started holiday decorating. I feel a little bit like Dorothy returning from OZ.

We have shopped for groceries and rested at home. We do have a treat in the near future.

An annual event called Christmas Ships has been a treat for many years until the pandemic. Boaters light up their boats and parade around during the holidays. They will be coming this weekend and visiting our part of the river. We are delighted and look forward to seeing them. 🎄❤️🎄❤️🎄

Katla in NW Oregon
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,127 Member
    Carol - Text them with a polite reminder. :D<3 My son is useless at getting back to me with anything. Sometimes I just send a text with ?? ?

People are so frustrating. :p

Lots of love to you Heather UK xxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    Carol, what ages are your grandkids and how far from you do they live?

Kim
  • GodMomKim
    I was thinking you could do a gift card for an amusement park admission for all of them (or for part of one depending on cost), or a gift card to a nice restaurant for Mom and Dad and you could keep the grands overnight. Gift cards to a skating rink and a meal.... Adventures are fun, I just googled white water rafting in Georgia and there are a number of choices - family friendly so not too much white water.

Kim in N. California
  • Peach1948
    Kim ~ Those are all good ideas to consider! :)