WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbie — Thank you for our new thread. You make so many opportunities for us to become friends, and share our thoughts. THANK YOU!

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    We’re home and happy. We are expecting to see a Christmas Ships parade in our town after a few years off. We will welcome them back. The boaters set up lovely lights on their boats, and we’re looking forward to the event. In past years they lined up for their parade, did some fun maneuvering and eventually went down the river to another town. They came back for the night and headed upstream to the Portland area the next day. It has been a couple of years since we last saw them and I look forward to the evening of the parade a few days from now.

Katla, happy to be at home
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Just back from Sams Club and darn it if I didnt forget to go Joanns crafts to pick up crochet hook...oh well ill have to go pick it up thursday..
    Alfie and Homie look wonderful at there day at the groomers..
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Michele ~ I like your fish!

Katla ~ It must be such a pleasure to see the lighted Christmas decos on the boats.

Machka ~ It used to be that you could check out the food diaries of folks who had them open. Can you not do that anymore? I know that several of our ladies had theirs open and I think I do. Is there a way to check it out. I think it's so interesting to see the kinds of foods others enjoy.

Carol in GA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    Hi all. It's blowing a hoolie outside, and raining heavily to boot. I will go to Craft later this morning. It's the last meeting until the new year. That's in the lap of the gods, with Omicron sweeping towards us.

Daughter and I were so proud to see DGS graduate from our old alma mater. 3 generations of graduates! DMiL must be smiling down on us from heaven. She was a such a great support to me when I went back to school in my late 20s and graduated as a teacher.
    My attorney said if he trys to go to court to call her and it will get taken care of. YES!!!
    It will probably ruin the friendship we have now.. but he is responsible for it all.
    Tomorrow is off to the groomers for Alfie and Homer and then I go to the kidney Dr.
    Tomorrow also will be 1 month date wise until the little guy arrives.. we are all excited.

Tom's behaviour makes my blood boil on your behalf. It's outright cruelty for him to manipulate and take advantage of you, especially with all you have been through this last while back. The friendship is very one sided! A friend wouldn't do what he is doing.

Christmas music et al: I just love everything Christmas 🎄🤶🏻🎅🏻 I loves so many it's hard to pick a favourite.
    Machka: Great graphic. One step at a time works best with small steps.
    Pip: 😍Your realtors gift
    Rebecca: Such concentration on Athena's face. You do know you can copy those photos on Facebook book, right?
    Mary: So sorry to hear about your family and the Covid. 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻
    JulieI'm old school with important papers. 😂 it's easier to shuffle 😂 and I think we depend on the Internet too much at times. It's such an ethereal entity.

Lol that's how I get 90% of my tablet photos😂
    I'm such a stealer!
    Rebecca
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,344 Member
    edited December 2021
    Katla - the Christmas Ships Parade sounds wonderful!

Mary - so pleased that your nephew is out of the hospital.

Heather - Your wonderful pictures of your DDIL and the girls reminded me of my visit to the Royal Pavilion when I was first married to my now-ex-husband. We loved heading for the coastlines when we actually had a day off together, so in addition to Brighton Pier, we wandered down the coast of Cornwall, stopping in every small village, stopped at a hotel in Newquay, and up the coast of Wales to Tintagel. I went to the Isle of Wight with a friend, as well, and tried to water ski for the first time in the Solent. It was nobody's idea of a graceful athletic feat but was fun as all get-out. Thank you for bringing those memories back!

Am having a quiet day - one trip to Walmart to get a few bits and pieces. I had to find a rubber duck for my son's girlfriend, among other things. Since I made the rule about no gifts for the adults, I can break it. Why a rubber duck? Because everyone needs a rubber duck. They just do.

Pitched a chuck roast in the slow cooker, resting on potatoes and carrots. Will serve for dinner tonight and three or four sandwiches for Corey's lunches, and it's much cheaper, pound for pound than lunch meat.

Kind of ouchy today - healing is never a straight line, which I know. Was well over 5,000 steps yesterday, and feeling it today.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Whidislander
    Today is baking day! I will post pics of my endeavors! Made a pan of brownies with lots of sprinkles and candy wedged on top. No way Athena can get the candy unless she eats the brownie! Sneaky huh?!! Making peanut brittle, and keeping it a sheet, so Athena can smash it up into pieces. Made some for youngest overseas son too! Then oatmeal cookies with some dipped in dark chocolate. Then peanut butter cookies for Lee. Later in the week I might make snowball cookies.👍
    g5bv9qobtyph.jpg
    There is M & Ms, peppermint patties, mini oreos, and mini peanut butter cups.
  • Whidislander
    The peppermint patties kind of exploded but oh well!
  • Katla49
    I seem to have found my way back. I hope it lasts because I miss my friends and this site is not easy to access since things changed.
    Katla
  • deniserzaj
    deniserzaj Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you for being here. I am ready to turn the page. I went to the DR yesterday for a check up- I gained back some weight and am here to say hello and know I am not alone on this journey..sending you lots of energy from New Jersey USA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Pip ~ Love your Christmas decorations. The tree is lovely.

Heather ~ The skaters look like they are having loads of fun!

We have not put up any decorations yet. They are all in the basement and hopefully we will get the front door hangings and the tree up soon.

Gifts:
    My husband came from a family where giving wonderful gifts was very important. At this time, I have no idea what to give my Son and his family and they are the only ones we buy for. But, DH insist that we spend a certain amount of money. I have the money to spend, but, at 74 yrs it is hard to know what young people want/need. My DH's parents never asked us what we wanted/needed and we ended up with whatever even though we went through many years where we lived pay check to pay check with no extras.

Carol in GA

Gift cards. :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I seem to have found my way back. I hope it lasts because I miss my friends and this site is not easy to access since things changed.
    Katla

Why not? What is different?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Pip,

Gorgeous B&W photo of your pup.

That’s got to b one of my favorite pics of him when he was a pup. He was learning the sit command
  • pipcd34
    6j5bilzv395m.jpeg
    yiezpwruwgth.jpeg
    We r here in solvang, ca to see the Christmas lights here. We found yogi a ugly Christmas sweater at the local pet store
  • pipcd34
    Our room

75m3qoec0rd6.jpeg
    y0m9fwmgn2mz.jpeg
    mrj6mbw23elx.jpeg
    ryv9f169pqo9.jpeg
    9qy6pfpzmdoi.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    wlvryd8ii5yp.jpg