Serious/heavy/deep/real stuff

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    dawnfire72 wrote: »
    Now I can release some of the pent-up anxiety I have been feeling. Things have been investigated and the abuse charges were found to be completely false, we are now working with the family courts to have visitation set up. My daughter will now have shared custody of her child and the father's family has been put on notice for making false accusations. I am so relieved that this has been resolved before the new year rolled around.

Jesus, this sounds like a nightmare.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,542 Member
    Now I can release some of the pent-up anxiety I have been feeling. Things have been investigated and the abuse charges were found to be completely false, we are now working with the family courts to have visitation set up. My daughter will now have shared custody of her child and the father's family has been put on notice for making false accusations. I am so relieved that this has been resolved before the new year rolled around.

So glad this was cleared up quickly. What a nightmare!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Ugh, false charges are horrible, so much hatred, bitterness and vengeance in the world!! Glad your family can look forward to a new year in a new and brighter way!
  • ReenieHJ
    edited November 2021
    @Opheliacooter I’m too damn cool and funny to disappear. 👽

You bet you are!! <3
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I got pulled over last night...well, this morning about a block from my apt because of course I did.

I failed my smog test because I don't do enough (any) freeway driving so went for a quick 50 miles around midnight. I KNEW something would happen because nothing this year has gone right for me but I also figured not many cars around so less chance of an accident (driving next to trucks scared the *kitten* out of me tho).

Anyway, I did my best to stay away from others, not speed, and not accidentally veer off onto a different freeway offshoot so I didn't get lost. I actually used to make this drive a lot (brought back some mrmories) but it's been years and out of my comfort zone now.

I apparently was getting close to the shoulder a few times which makes sense because it was late, I'm not used to where the curves are, and I tilt to the right when I walk.

I was just so...OF COURSE THIS HAPPENED...and I couldn't get my license out of the wallet and the cop asked if I was drunk or high. I couldn't talk right because of my dental problems so just spouted out how I was just trying to pass my smog check and I'M HOME (literally half a block away) and I was just so frustrated about this and how my life's spiralled the past couple years (those were internally).

(I feel almost guilty about sharing this because a lot of you have recently lost loved ones.)

I'm just so scared what's going to happen the next couple times I have to go out again.

And this is just a really long and deflected way of sharing what I should be sharing and that's a few weeks ago, after my boss said he thought I had his back (and other he's disappointed in me type of things over the past few months), I was on my evenng walk and was doing my normal step off the curb to avoid the dogs thing but, because of my balance problems, have to physically stop myself from going too far out into traffic...and for a millisecond didn't want to.

I've just had enough of this year and it's not even over yet.

Firstly.. your boss is a dick 😒what a thing to say to you.. man I'd be stewing over that.
    I hope this feeling lifts soon, it sucks when it feels like everything you do and touch goes wrong in someway.. you start to expect the worst. Maybe that's just my spin on it 😬 sorry if I'm misinterpreting.
    The good thing though is for all the low times life throws there are highs times too.. I hope this funk is behind you soon .Big hugs 🤗
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited December 2021
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I helped my sister while she was losing her dh. It was challenging, sad, depressing, draining, exhausting physically and emotionally. I was there as much as possible for the both of them and their dd as well. I stayed strong throughout.

But wow, I'm not sure if it's the cumulative affect or what, but my 88 yo neighbor has taken a turn for the worse recently, past couple weeks, cannot be left alone at all. His dd is with him now, trying to get things in place, which is a long drawn out process in good times but now it's horrific. She's burning out and melting down. And my brain can only focus on dying, death, trying to be there for them and do what I can, worrying about everybody that matters to me. Worrying about everybody's futures and how it will turn out for them. Everybody in my life, is getting older. I'm even worried sick about my dogs. :( I want to be with my kids and hardly ever see them. I need laughter. I need to get away from all this. I need good times and things to focus on. And not talk about or think about death now, 24/7. :( I just feel so bad for him and his family.

My mental health has taken a nose dive lately. Can you tell?

Oh Reenie, Im so sorry you are feeling this way. Nothing I can say will change it but just know I'm thinking of you and you are thought of with love and respect. I hope these worries/concerns ease and pass soon and you find a peaceful place in your mind
    b0fuvqzqk6cr.gif
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I got pulled over last night...well, this morning about a block from my apt because of course I did.

I failed my smog test because I don't do enough (any) freeway driving so went for a quick 50 miles around midnight. I KNEW something would happen because nothing this year has gone right for me but I also figured not many cars around so less chance of an accident (driving next to trucks scared the *kitten* out of me tho).

Anyway, I did my best to stay away from others, not speed, and not accidentally veer off onto a different freeway offshoot so I didn't get lost. I actually used to make this drive a lot (brought back some mrmories) but it's been years and out of my comfort zone now.

I apparently was getting close to the shoulder a few times which makes sense because it was late, I'm not used to where the curves are, and I tilt to the right when I walk.

I was just so...OF COURSE THIS HAPPENED...and I couldn't get my license out of the wallet and the cop asked if I was drunk or high. I couldn't talk right because of my dental problems so just spouted out how I was just trying to pass my smog check and I'M HOME (literally half a block away) and I was just so frustrated about this and how my life's spiralled the past couple years (those were internally).

(I feel almost guilty about sharing this because a lot of you have recently lost loved ones.)

I'm just so scared what's going to happen the next couple times I have to go out again.

And this is just a really long and deflected way of sharing what I should be sharing and that's a few weeks ago, after my boss said he thought I had his back (and other he's disappointed in me type of things over the past few months), I was on my evenng walk and was doing my normal step off the curb to avoid the dogs thing but, because of my balance problems, have to physically stop myself from going too far out into traffic...and for a millisecond didn't want to.

I've just had enough of this year and it's not even over yet.

Firstly.. your boss is a dick 😒what a thing to say to you.. man I'd be stewing over that.
    I hope this feeling lifts soon, it sucks when it feels like everything you do and touch goes wrong in someway.. you start to expect the worst. Maybe that's just my spin on it 😬 sorry if I'm misinterpreting.
    The good thing though is for all the low times life throws there are highs times too.. I hope this funk is behind you soon .Big hugs 🤗

I keep meaning to come back to you! :)

And yeah, he has his moments but he's mostly a good guy (barring other things I know about him. :))

I absolutely do usually expect the worst.

At least I decided to wake up early the next Sunday morning for the next 50 miles and nothing bad happened. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    @slimgirljo15 Thanks my dear Jo, you're a sweetheart. I'm feeling better now. As I mentioned in my pm which I hope went through this time :s it's his dd I worry about. She doesn't have a life at the moment and this is an exhausting place to be for anyone who goes it alone. :( And moving the process ahead of finding resources and actually being able to get real help, well it feels endless when it's needed, NOW.
  • ReenieHJ
    edited December 2021
    Oh @KickassAmazon76 if only we all could just hang onto you and help you through your days. :( If you were my neighbor I'd be right over next door and help in whatever ways I could. Do you have any relatives or neighbors you could ask for some help? I know your children have challenges they're both dealing with but are they seeing how exhausted you are? Can you hire someone or barter services somehow for some extra help? Something to lighten your load??

You cannot overextend yourself forever. :( PLEASE take care of yourself as much as you're taking care of everybody else! <3
  • ReenieHJ
    @KickassAmazon76 But Friends and family won't know if you don't tell them? I know if a dear friend of mine or if my sister needed me, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Even if you could give them something specific and small to do, they'd probably love to be asked and to lend a hand. Everybody needs to be needed and clearly you're not one to take advantage of others. I wish I could help. :(

I saw my sister survive on very little sleep every single night while caring for her dh. It's not sustainable for good health. :( We were all afraid she was going to go before he did; we have no idea how she survived on a couple hours of sleep.

There will be a light at the end of that tunnel but you truly don't want to crash before you reach it. <3

Ok, I'll quit nagging now. :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited December 2021
    Recently I went to a party with my coworkers. I got a little tipsy and told one of my colleagues that my both parents passed away. To which she replied: I don't care twice. And this deeply deeply hurt me. It was not intentional talking about my parents, I was a little drunk but somehow I was not expecting such a reply. The next day I woke up and the first thing that popped up in my mind were the words she said. Even though her reply is playing on my mind, I'm trying to remind myself, she is not my friend and she is not my family. I just need to laugh it off even though it hurts.

Just a thought. Your coworker may have been drunker than you. I guess I'd shrug it off. Remembering the episode will hurt you more than her and she might not even remember anything. However, if she continues to make comments that are off, then I'd get riled. Sorry for your double loss.
  • Viktorija38mfp
    Viktorija38mfp Posts: 3 Member
    Recently I went to a party with my coworkers. I got a little tipsy and told one of my colleagues that my both parents passed away. To which she replied: I don't care twice. And this deeply deeply hurt me. It was not intentional talking about my parents, I was a little drunk but somehow I was not expecting such a reply. The next day I woke up and the first thing that popped up in my mind were the words she said. Even though her reply is playing on my mind, I'm trying to remind myself, she is not my friend and she is not my family. I just need to laugh it off even though it hurts.

Just a thought. Your coworker may have been drunker than you. I guess I'd shrug it off. Remembering the episode will hurt you more than her and she might not even remember anything. However, if she continues to make comments that are off, then I'd get riled. Sorry for your double loss.

I didn't think of it like that, you might be right. Either way, nevermind. I shouldn't let things like that get to me. And like you say, she might have been drunker than me and didn't think what she was saying.