Wrong answers ONLY!

Options

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,427 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I'd be willing to go a mile or so. Any more than that would be an excessive inconvenience and would compromise my comfort and peace of mind. As for the best age to get married, I was thinking around 8, which for me would have been a couple years after I met my 1st grade teacher. We would have waited those two years, to be sure we were right for each other, not to mention so I would no longer be her student.

What would be the best serialized adaptation of a good book?
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 30,068 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Definitely the world needs a claymation version of the Harry Potter series, with Gumby cast in the role of Harry, and Shaun the Sheep as Lord Voldemort.

What is your perfect Christmas gift to receive?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,638 Member
    Options
    I particularly enjoy anything electronic which includes directions printed in Chinese. What a wonderful way to further your education! Especially when you get to the last step of setting up only to discover the box is missing some crucial piece, sold separately. Those clever kidders!

If you could live in the world shown in any Holiday movie, which would you select?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,302 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    If it has to be a Holiday movie, then I choose Pottersville from It's a Wonderful Life. First of all, it's a black and white city. Who needs color; it just confuses everything. But most of all, who wouldn't want to live in a city run by a conniving, immoral real estate mogul, where your best girl is a spinster and your own mother doesn't know who you are.

But I'd really rather live in Mordor.
    fkwfal2aa2sw.jpg
    How about you? What fictional world or place would you like to live in (holiday or otherwise)?
  • nossmf
    Options
    I think Truman lived in idyllic life in The Truman Show. The whole world watching every second of your day, including your bizarre bathroom habits, every little mistake you make or misspoken word, every time you forget the name of a coworker or cheat on an exam. Most people have to pay a lot of money for somebody else to analyze their faults and suggest improvements; Truman was the one getting paid to allow a whole world to do that for him. Oh, some guys have all the luck.

If you could choose one day of the year to repeat every day ala Groundhog Day, which day would you choose?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,553 Member
    Options
    Probably the one where I fell down a flight of stairs where 300+ university students including my crush were silently writing their exam. 😳

What Christmas movie shall I have in while cooking dinner?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Krampus, the story of when everything goes wrong at Christmas. What better way for you to help your kids appreciate all the blessings they have in life?

Fantasy football is a game where people earn points based on the real-life performance of NFL players. Same for fantasy baseball, golf, and more. If you could create a fantasy league based upon some other chosen profession, what segment of society would be the focus, and how would the players earn points?
  • sandejones
    sandejones Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    High School Janitors .This game is super fun. You earn points on how many mirrors you clean and the most inventive way of cleaning them. How many times you need to plunge a toilet. Extra points if you gather chewing gum pieces from under desks. 50 super points if you find chewing gum under the teachers desk. Finding food in the strangest place.
    3aukug7t7ae8.jpg

What shall I plant in my newly dug garden tomorrow?

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    You know that pesky, rude neighbor that the entire neighborhood wishes would move away?..........
    Just a thought🤔 😝

What will you be doing for New Year's Eve?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    I will be counting all the peanuts I've saved this past year, so I know how many more I need to try to save in 2022. If I finish counting before midnight, I'll spend some time deciding what I should do with all the peanuts.

What will you be doing on New Year's Day?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Gathering in the streets of New York City to watch a giant Big Apple made of lights descend is so cliche. I think this year we should all watch instead the festivities in Forestville, California, otherwise known as the Poison Oak Capital of the World (true!). Join the applause as contestants race naked through an obstacle course covered in poison ivy, vying for the coveted Poison Sumac Cup. As night approaches, vote for which lovely beauty best exemplifies the spirit of the New Year in the ever popular poison oak-leaf bikini contest. The night ends quietly, as everybody gathers in an enormous circle sitting cross-legged in a field of poison oak, holding hands and admiring the circling clouds of mosquitoes while rookie tattoo artists perfect their craft by giving everybody matching tattoos of poison oak leaves twined with poison ivy.

When you're pressed for time, what is your go-to quick-to-prepare meal?
  • s1im62
    Options
    I keep various prepared items for busy times. For a balanced diet, I select Dubble Bubble gum balls (fruit flavors to cover fruits), Lays potato chips (vegetables), a dozen donuts (bread), pecan pralines (dairy), and a can of Spam (meat-ish). Since I've been careful to eat a well balanced meal, I treat myself to dessert consisting of either a Halloween-size bag of Snickers bars, or a half gallon of ice cream.

What is your New Years resolution?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,553 Member
    Options
    To be more disorganized and to share this skill with my family and teams at work.

What tips can you share for relief from sore arm and back muscles?

• frankwbrown
    Options
    Practice lifting heavy objects, like cars and pickups. To feel better, you have to teach your muscles who's boss. No pain, no gain. Pain, after all, is simply a psychological response to nerve stimuli. Once you can lift a 2-ton pickup, you'll be well on your way to feeling better, and you'll have a useful talent.

How often really do you need to take a shower or a bath? Is there any good alternative to getting wet?
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2021
    Options
    You really only need to shower once a month in the spring and fall and only in months with a R. Showering really isn't necessary in the winter (just bundle up - who's going to notice?) or summer (perspiration has you covered). And if you'd rather skip one of those 5 showers in March, April, September, October or November, just take a long walk in the rain without an umbrella.

As for an alternative to getting wet, Elon Musk is working on something, but it's currently in the trial phase and very hush hush. I hear he's looking for investors.

What's the perfect length of time for out of town guests to stay over?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Guests who stay long enough are considered common-law married. Which means you are now considered part of their estate should any, for example, "accidental" brake failure occur on their way home. So the perfect length of stay depends on how rich the guest is...richer guests can stay beyond the common-law duration (varies by state...check your local guidelines).

My company's Christmas gift to me was the opportunity of registering a star in the heavens under any name I choose. What should this new star be named?
  • orindavid2012
    orindavid2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The biggest chocolate in the world

What do you like the most
  • s1im62
    Options
    The biggest chocolate in the world

What do you like the most

I think you replied to the last post on the 1st page. Also does not look like a wrong answer.
  • s1im62
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »

My company's Christmas gift to me was the opportunity of registering a star in the heavens under any name I choose. What should this new star be named?

The best name would be something like a short phrase that clearly expresses your rage over something the company recently did. Be sure to show your gratitude by e-mailing all your colleagues and your boss telling them the name you chose!

What is the best way to avoid attacks by wild animals when hiking and camping in wilderness areas?
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2021
    Options
    It's a known fact that bears, wolves and coyotes are repelled by the scent of meat, so the obvious answer is to attach hooks to your vest or jacket and hang hunks of meat on them, spacing them evenly and allowing easy access to each one. I'm thinking steak would be the most economical option.

Who was your childhood idol?