12/16: 6.04 miles
    12/19: 9.35 miles
    12/21: 5.11 miles
    12/22: 5.10 miles
    12/23: 6.06 miles
    12/26: 10.02 miles
    12/28: 5.26 miles

105.45/100 miles completed for December

Today's run was an uneventful 5.25 miles. It was a little warm and very windy.  It is supposed to be cold this weekend. There's a chance of rain in the morning but I am hoping that we won't get any rain, or at least not until after my run.

exercise.png

2021 Races:
    4/24/21: Run For The Children - 10K PR 55:46:28.
    11/6/21: Run For 57th AHC Half Marathon - PR 2:07:11 and 1st in AG
    12/11/21: Wags and Wiskers 5K- 1st in AG,  2nd Overall Female

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    What is the code to join? I will get us finished.
    @SummerSkier - I don't think you need any code. I think you can just go to the site, login and join the challenge.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    OK - I was able to log in and join the challenge but sadly you can't go back past Oct to log miles and it looks like it's sort of a log one session at a time. If I could mass log my miles from the past qtr I would do it but logging for each day would take me weeks.... sigh. I will try to join up next year perhaps. I remember in Jan and Feb seeing a lot of updates.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    12/28-45 min of Epic workouts on youtube. It's so hard but I feel it working. It's definitely tightening up all the loose nuts and bolts in me.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Thanks. Great job on getting your run in and beating your goal for the year. Hope a couple of days break will give your shins time to recover. Happy New Year's to you too.

@shanaber I really don't have much around my house except for road pavement and the neighbor's cow paths in his field. I would think that wouldn't be good, since it isn't at all level. I did run in the grass along the edge of my driveway, and it's okay. I'm thinking about seeing if I can "make" a place around my field, but I'd probably have to have someone use a grader blade and get up all of the existing sod. Not sure I'm ready to do that either. Great job in getting that run in in those conditions. I am finding that I get cold a lot easier too. I'll be freezing in the house and it's 72! Crazy.

@SummerSkier I was bummed that I couldn't enter anything earlier than the end of Oct too. Thanks for trying.

@Tramboman Glad that your foot remains stable.
  • shanaber
    Options
    @SummerSkier and @quilteryoyo - I don't know what you use to track your runs but you might try connecting to ChallengeHound and see if it will pick up your past runs. I have Strava set up and it synchs automatically so I don't have to go and enter it manually.

@polskagirl01 - That is so weird about the one person's comments... so you can only run if you are not healthy and want to get healthier? I would be really curious what their point was. We have friends in ND who ice fish and drive their pickup trucks out onto the ice. It would worry me too but I guess when you deal with it over time you know what to look for.

@Tramboman - that one live worm must have really been hearty to survive! Glad your foot is feeling stable!

Seeing you all running in 30F and below really makes me feel like a wimp. I honestly think yesterday's run felt colder than the one I did in early December on our trip when it was low 40's high 30's. I think because it was cold but the sun was out, maybe?

No run for me today. I will get the January thread set up.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    I set up the account. I added monthly run mileage but I cannot get my account to connect to the MFP challenge... It's way too awkward... Strange. You would think it would be simpler. Still asking me for a CODE to join the MFP challenge. ...
  • shanaber
    Options
    The January 2022 thread is open so go and set your goal for January and for the year if you are inclined to!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10852006/january-2022-monthly-running-challenge/p1?new=1
  • shanaber
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @SummerSkier - I didn't remember a code but I went back to the January 2021 thread and looks for a post from @TheMrWobbly, who originally set it up. The code to join is MFPRunners2021

Also I looked at what you can connect with to automatically synch your runs and these are the devices/apps:
    Garmin, Fitbit, Strava, all the UnderArmour MapMy (Run, Walk, Ride, Hike, etc) and one I don't recognize called Coros
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    When I followed the link to the Run the World group it looked like the same as 2021, and showing 2021 data. Is it just the same group rolling over into next year?

ETA - I won't have much mileage in 2022 but any I do get I am happy to add.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    OK seriously.... when I put the code in it tells me this now

Unfortunately this challenge does not have enough participant credits. Please contact Andrew Walkington Organization, the challenge administrator, and request that they add participant credits so that you can join.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea @polskagirl01 . I'll work on that.

Nice running @katharmonic . Enjoy your massage.

@sweetdaisy13 That's great that your son and friend rode along with you. I hope they will continue to go.

Nice run @martaindale . Glad your calf quit cramping up.

Thanks for setting up January @shanaber. I have Garmin, but don't know how to sync it with anything. Plus, I wonder if it would put in my tennis and other activities or just running. I think I'll try @polskagirl01 's suggestion first.

That's weird @SummerSkier .