Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    ldft9nbsys9p.jpeg

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    It has been a few days since I have posted. Hope everyone is safe and warm. Thinking of you all in different weather situations.
    Barbara-so far so good with the holiday happiness. I have also been picking up litter on my short walks. Actually our neighborhood is quite clean but sometimes contractors toss stuff out. Makes me feel like I have a purpose. Lol

Barbie- your backyard is beautiful. Do your dogs like walking in the snow? I had to put little mittens on our Shih Tzu because his feet would freeze to the snow. That was last February when we had the big snow and -6 degrees. This year we have been in 70’s and 80’s. Suppose to change tomorrow.

I need to try to post some pictures. Can’t remember how but will work on it.
    Have a Happy New Year. I am ready for 21 to be done!
    SueBDew in TX
  • suebdew
    Options
    [url][/url]
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am watching weather news and Colorado is hard hit with wild fires. I have heard from Rori and she was/is okay. Sending prayers for all of the residents in Colorado who are in danger.

Allie – Sending good thoughts for Tracy. I hope she is okay and so are you.

Heather - I am happy for your gift for the year.
    Being fruitful and empowered are very good gifts for us all.

We have snow on the ground. It is about two or three inches deep on our deck. Our tribe of hummingbirds is busy getting sugar water this morning.

Katla in Snowy NW Oregon

• suebdew
    Options
    Don’t know what is happening

• suebdew
    Options
    My Riley with his last Advent cookie. \
    SueBDew in Tx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    My family are all set to meet up on the beach tomorrow for a picnic/takeaway lunch. We were going to Marroccos, but covid is rampant here and it is not the best ventilated place around! So we thought, Fish and Chips, or pizza from Fatto, delivered to the beach. I'm game and the weather forecast is pretty good, but my son is turning chicken.
    We will still meet up for beach play at 11.15, and then we will reassess the weather. If he deems it too windy, then we will walk back to our house and he will drive off and collect the food and we will eat it at ours.
    They will do lateral flow tests first thing. In fact they have mixed with no-one since Christmas Day and neither have we. The only person they saw was the kids' old nanny, Alice, who arrived back in the country from Dubai, just before Christmas and then tested positive. :'( She had to spend Christmas locked away in a room all by herself, while the family had Christmas with her old grandfather. Now she is over it and testing negative, so that was fine.

Otherwise we are all set for a nice dinner, My Fair Lady, the final of University Challenge Christmas Celebrity Special, Have I Got News For You 2021 review, and When Harry Met Sally. Plus the bongs from Big Ben. :p
    We have just consumed a glass of Pommerol, and I am about to start on cooking fillet steak, garlic butter, fries and asparagus. <3

Lovely pics, Lisa. That climbing girl is very like our Edie. >:)

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Machka- Happy New Year!!!
    Well a week from now our little guy will be here we are all beyond excited..Tracy is just relaxing.she has to go for the PCR test monday,bloodwork weds ,take Carmine for the second vaccine Thursday and then to the hospital friday for the c section.. busy week for her..
    Right now they are still in person learning but Connecticut is over 20% and growing so it is just crazy.. im just laying low and not going anywhere I dont have to.
    We are to wear masks again in our building.. Trudy went down to the laundryroom and one of the ladies though masked up was hacking and coughing and saying she had been exposed to covid.. just why then did you decide you needed to do laundry and come out of your condo. I would think anyone with cold symptoms should stay put.. we have some very elderly people here .
    Lil one of the ladies we have dinner with really can rub us the wrong way..now Susan has invited us for pizza and salad tonight and I made gingerbread.. Lil doesnt bring anything.. granted she is almost 92 but she has the gaul to tell Susan she has to get pizza from a certain place because thats where she wants it from.. really? She isnt paying for the pizza and you would think at her age she would eat like a bird uhhh no the woman can put it away.. and im sure she is planning on chowing down tonight because she said she is planning on starting her diet tomorrow..lordy.. well going to go and have a few laughs tonight anyway.. Trudy always has us in stitches.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Heather: I have a lump in my throat thinking about your friend returning to her empty home. Please let her know she is in my heart. :( So hard.

Debbie: Likewise for you and your mom. I swear it feels like yesterday you told us of your dad's transition. Hugs and comfort to you on this day.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Heather: I have a lump in my throat thinking about your friend returning to her empty home. Please let her know she is in my heart. :( So hard.

Debbie: Likewise for you and your mom. I swear it feels like yesterday you told us of your dad's transition. Hugs and comfort to you on this day.

Thank you!! I called and talked to mom for about an hour last night.
    Debbie
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Options
    I did it! I ate a salad! And it was only a little bit frozen. It was cucumber, green pepper, and spinach. Boy does this stuff take chewing!

Annie in Delaware
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Sunny and 32*, snow is melting and I am glad to see it go. Had to take hot water out again this morning to thaw the goats water bucket. DD and I have gotten the front walk cleared and letters taken care of involving my mom's estate. They must be sent certified mail. We will do that this afternoon. We plan to go out to get groceries, run errands and pick up a pizza on the way home. It will be a noisy night as they set off fireworks all around us. I have never before lived in a place like this where they set off so many fireworks for New Year.

Rebecca - DD is experimenting with chicken fried rice for dinner tomorrow. Hope it turns out well.

Rori - glad you are safe and it is starting to snow.

Lisa - enjoy your family.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    nxkb9thqacjf.jpeg

Love the tongue!💖😁
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Sunny and 32*, snow is melting and I am glad to see it go. Had to take hot water out again this morning to thaw the goats water bucket. DD and I have gotten the front walk cleared and letters taken care of involving my mom's estate. They must be sent certified mail. We will do that this afternoon. We plan to go out to get groceries, run errands and pick up a pizza on the way home. It will be a noisy night as they set off fireworks all around us. I have never before lived in a place like this where they set off so many fireworks for New Year.

Rebecca - DD is experimenting with chicken fried rice for dinner tomorrow. Hope it turns out well.

Rori - glad you are safe and it is starting to snow.

Lisa - enjoy your family.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

Its easy peasy. Make rice in a rice cooker. Fry cut up bacon, drain. Cook up eggs, using whisker to make crumbly. Put in biggest empty bowl next to the bacon in there. Fry up some cubed small chicken that's been marinated in whatever teriyaki you like. I use Veri Veri Teriyaki. Toss all together with rice. Then add some Bull Dog sauce. Its an Asian thing for tonkastu but it tastes really good in fried rice.💖👍
    Rebecca