Dropping pounds with inspiring pals *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    hahaha....nice........I didn't even have to drive anywhere today.........my husband brought home a whole bag of hersheys snack size chocolate bars..................ughhhhhhhhhhh why!!!!!!!! I think he likes me being fat.........lol Well I DONT! GRR!
    quote]
    Well...last night I managed to control myself enough to not drive anywhere...however I did find a hidden stash of kit-kats in the freezer (don't know how long those were there for)....and I broke into the baking chocolate chips in the deep freezer...*sigh*. All together ate almost 500 calories in candy! :sad: I guess on the plus side, my total calories were still under what MFP has me at for maintenance, and I did exercise yesterday. Maybe it will cancel out my emotional breakdown?

Will just have to move on...but right before I'm supposed to weigh-in! *Bangs head against desk* Just hoping all my efforts the last two weeks kick in...or a miracle happens...I'll take either....

Me last night = angel-smiley-5124.gif
    [/quote]
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Well... I got my paycheck today and checked my bank account online to find out some of my fiance's stuff (for his websites) charged me and now my account is negative + overdraft fees. So instead of my normal paycheck amount I'm left with about $200 to last for the next week, and I need groceries, kitty food, electricity, gas, and I desperately need to pay down my water bill before we get shut off. I have no freakin clue how to make this stretch and I'm so overwhelmed and frustrated. I just want to drown myself in a bucket of ice cream right now - which wouldn't help the money situation since I'd have to buy the ice cream to drown in! Blah!

I'm gonna try my best to not go overboard tonight in calories. Why is it anytime something like this happens I immediately just want to turn to comfort foods? I hate that.

Thanks for letting me vent.
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Well my doc who is a General Practioner told me that it was probably the new birth control. And that it just wasn't working for my body so he wrote me a script for my old stand by BC that I have been on for years and has worked wonderfully well. Well it has been almost a week on it and still no end in sight if by Monday it doesn't stop I'm going to ask to be refered to an OB. On a plus side it isn't really flowing anymore just back to all the blood clots like every time I pee! THis is how it started out more then 3 weeks ago so hopefully that means it is on its way out.

Cooked a beautiful Peruvian dinner tonight for a group of college kids and it was a hit!!!!! Dinner ended up being about 800 and some odd calories but with the 3 hours straight of cooking I had burned enough cals it was alright.

To all of you who are struggling with late night emotional junk food runs I totally understand there are times when I am all depressed or emotional for one reason or another that I will get a craving for something in paticular and the only way to get rid of it is to give in to it. No amount of healthy snacks or ignoring it helps. It will even keep me up at night if I don't give in to the craving. The latest craving I had was for something I used to eat at college a lot and that was the seasoned bread sticks from Pizza hut with Cheese sauce. We had a pizza hut express on campus and they sold the bread sticks with either pizza sauce or cheese sauce and I always got the cheese sauce. I bought the closest thing I could find to it, garlic bread sticks in the frozen section and Cheese whiz. It worked for the craving but not so much for the food diary for the day. ANyway I guess what I am trying to say here is that I feel for you. I try really hard to crave healthy things like cottage cheese with fruit and sometimes it works but sometimes I really need that super sweet or super salty.

Learning: I'm so sorry about the money situation. Was it a mistake the charges on your bank account? Are there any Aldi's or Trader Joes or Save a lot grocery store by you? They usually have good deals with Groceries. Also check the papers for coupons it can help the costs especially if the items are already on sale. Also making a plan on what you are going to cook for the week and try to utilize anything and everything you still have in the house so you don't have to get much in the way of groceries. Also you could call your water, and Electricity companies and see if they have equal payment programs that you can get into. We have it basically they look at your usage for the previous year and they average out your monthly payments and you pay the same amount every month regardless of the actual bill and once the year is up you will either get a bill for the difference or a credit for the difference and they will reevaluate your monthly costs and bill for the next year. Just some suggestions from someone who learned how to STRETCH a dollar when I was a single mom.

Keep up the awesome work everyone you are doing so good I can't wait to see all the weigh ins for this next week!
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning and came in at 262 lbs. I guess I'll make this my weigh-in for the week because the weekends usually get a little iffy on the diet program... haha!
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    @Learning - you don't know how many times that happens to me! My hubby runs a bunch of websites, and he pays the hosting through paypal. He always forgets to tell me when a domain needs to be renewed and out comes the charges. He also has a bad habit of using my atm card and not telling me.......grrr....... Save a Lot saves me in a pinch like that. Hope you have those near you.

Does anyone here coupon? I have a few facebook friends that post their "hauls." They show a picture of a table full of groceries...cereal, milk, juices, deoderant, etc, etc and say something like $189 in groceries, with coupons saved $157, total cost is $32. It drives me bonkers that they can do that - I just don't have the time or patience to cut coupons, find out where the sales are, shop multiple places, but would still love to learn....I imagine it takes a ton of time!

Last night was crazy! Got out of work at 5pm, had to get myself and my kids ready and to practice by 5:30pm - practice until 7:30. My hubby took my oldest son to his open house, met them there at 7:45 and had to go to the 8th grade trip parent info meeting at 8:00. Got home at 8:30 - my husband left the open house to start dinner so I could take notes at the meeting. We had kraft mac and cheese last night - ugh! My leftovers had been depleted by my son.....oy! Eating dinner from 8:30 - 9:00pm with the kids and they still had homework, I'm exhausted today!

I also had some varsity cheerleader helpers last night - they warmed up the girls for me - as I was looking for new ideas for stretches. Well, they were doing this great hamstring stretch, then boom! Down they went into a split. I figured - heck - I'm down this far already - let's see if I can do this! Well - I did it! Both legs (right leg out front , then left leg)! Didn't hold the position for very long tho! LOL...feeling it a little today in my right hamstring...but I'm happy I still have it! LOL!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    ***** ************************** Need your weigh-ins for this week ***********************************************

Hey everybody. Please post your weigh-in for this week between Friday & Monday (Monday before noon please).

Also, Thanks to Nikki we also have this nifty chart that anyone can enter data in. You put in how much you lost and it will automatically update your weight and everything. Pretty neat right?

So just follow this link, and you can enter this weeks weigh in:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnInOlpiuL1mdC1lU1U5aWloS256ei16c3lPX2Q1UWc&hl=en_US

:embarassed: On a side note...some of you who gave me original weights with a . after them (like .6 .2 etc) might need to adjust your starting weight. When I get a chance I'll go back through the posts. My original chart rounded all the numbers.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm here with my weekly weigh in!! I'm down 1.8 pounds, I'm at 256.8lbs.

Also it's Fitness Friday!! What I do is a set of rotations I was given by my PT. He has me walk for 5 minutes at about 3.0mph or more then I go do a set on a machine (arms on Monday and Wednesday and legs on Friday) then I go back on the treadmill for a minute at the same speed, then back to a machine and back and forth until my sets are done. Then I go ride the stationary bike for as long as I can on Mondays and Wednesdays (I go early and try to work out as much as I can before my first class) Lately I've been biking for 30-35 minutes, but only because I have to get off and go to class... If I didn't have to do that, I'm sure I'd go for an hour or more. it's fun! I love it and so far I'm not bored... I've been doing it for a really long time too!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I also wanted to post a link for the postcard challenge. Learning2Loveme got me started on these, and they are really fun to do. And if you win you get a postcard (who doesn't like getting fun mail!).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/344520-postcard-challenge-28?page=1#posts-4645348
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    ***** ************************** Need your weigh-ins for this week ***********************************************

Hey everybody. Please post your weigh-in for this week between Friday & Monday (Monday before noon please).

Also, Thanks to Nikki we also have this nifty chart that anyone can enter data in. You put in how much you lost and it will automatically update your weight and everything. Pretty neat right?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnInOlpiuL1mdC1lU1U5aWloS256ei16c3lPX2Q1UWc&hl=en_US

:embarassed: On a side note...some of you who gave me original weights with a . after them (like .6 .2 etc) might need to adjust your starting weight. When I get a chance I'll go back through the posts. My original chart rounded all the numbers.

Google docs - brilliant idea, Nikki! I adjusted my start weight, put this week's weight into current weight. Wasn't sure what to do with the Week 1 +/- column tho...is a formula going to go in there. If there is, is the +/- from week to week?
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options

Google docs - brilliant idea, Nikki! I adjusted my start weight, put this week's weight into current weight. Wasn't sure what to do with the Week 1 +/- column tho...is a formula going to go in there. If there is, is the +/- from week to week?

ya, its a formula. So if you lost 2lbs, you put -2 in the week 1 column and it will automatically adjust your total lost and your current weight. :)

OH! And don't forget to hit FILE > SAVE after. I put mine in there so you guys can see week 1. Down 1.2 lbs (really should just put -1...but I wanted my .2 LOL).
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm down 3 lbs this week to 222. I can't wait til next week to see how much I've gained as I have a few events to go to this week and it all revolves around food and drinks. I'm ok with it as there will always be times that life and fun has to come first and then jump back on the wagon. How's everyone doing on the weekly challenge? Keeping up the 30 minutes of exercise?
    I have a suggestion for a weekly challenge, don't check the scale. I've been seeing that alot of us (yes, me included) are checking the scale way more than we should. Let's focus on how we feel for a week that isn't measured by what some piece of equipment says we should be feeling. Let's do the weigh in a the beginning, and not weigh in until the next time we are SCHEDULED to weigh in. That's just a suggestion.
  • Mswife09
    Mswife09 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in I have started the 30 day shed with Jillian Michaels and it sure is a butt kicker. Hope to see progress. Wish me luck!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here coupon? I have a few facebook friends that post their "hauls." They show a picture of a table full of groceries...cereal, milk, juices, deoderant, etc, etc and say something like $189 in groceries, with coupons saved $157, total cost is $32. It drives me bonkers that they can do that - I just don't have the time or patience to cut coupons, find out where the sales are, shop multiple places, but would still love to learn....I imagine it takes a ton of time!

I coupon! I was getting really good at it, then I decided to make a website and share my knowledge which caused me to burn out on wanting to coupon so fast. So I quit doing the website and just now getting my couponing mojo back. :laugh: :laugh:

It really doesn't take that much time, and I only shop at one store. I picked the one with the best options (they make all coupons worth $1 and took competitor coupons too.... but they got rid of that and it looks like they will be taking away the $1 coupon promo soon so I'm gonna have to switch to another store). There are so many website/blogs out there that you really wouldn't have to look at the sales flyer. They post the great deals by store and do match-ups with the sales price and even tell you what coupons to use and where they came from. You could just keep a supply of the sunday paper coupon inserts and then cut the ones you'll need for the week (so if the blog says its from 8/21 paper you just grab the inserts from that day, find your coupon & clip it). You can also print coupons off of sites like coupons.com and a lot of stores have digital ones you load straight onto your store loyalty card and they come off when you scan your card at checkout. If you can dedicate 30 minutes or so a week you can save a good chunk on groceries.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! I did not get my exercise quota in daily. On Wednesday I only had 20 min, and yesterday not a bit! I was chained to my desk all day and in class all night... and then back to the office until the wee hours. I will get some in today though, and I think I've averaged 30min/day overall. I think that's good for half-credit? Maybe a "B"? :P

I had a good week food-wise and am down 2.6 lbs over last week **** happy dance ****.

Looks like you've had some great success this week too! Well done! I haven't had a chance to respond to many status updates, but I'm keeping an eye on y'all and proud of you for being with the program!

Oh - and for the spreadsheet on google docs, just enter your change in weight in the column for week 1 (this week). So if you've lost 1.2 lbs, enter -1.2 and the other weight columns (B & C) will total and update automatically.

Here's the link again:

Let me know if you like it (or don't). And feel free to ping me for help with it.

Best,
    Nikkie
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hia all 225 now, loss of 1 lb, did ok, but really want more loss, stupid greedy ha! Never mind, staying at it and as someone says 1 lb a week is 52 in a year!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Good to see so many losses this week :) Happy for you all! :drinker:
  • theonlychuck
    theonlychuck Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well... I got my paycheck today and checked my bank account online to find out some of my fiance's stuff (for his websites) charged me and now my account is negative + overdraft fees. So instead of my normal paycheck amount I'm left with about $200 to last for the next week, and I need groceries, kitty food, electricity, gas, and I desperately need to pay down my water bill before we get shut off. I have no freakin clue how to make this stretch and I'm so overwhelmed and frustrated. I just want to drown myself in a bucket of ice cream right now - which wouldn't help the money situation since I'd have to buy the ice cream to drown in! Blah!

I'm gonna try my best to not go overboard tonight in calories. Why is it anytime something like this happens I immediately just want to turn to comfort foods? I hate that.

Thanks for letting me vent.

honey i feel you i am in the same boati forgot about one bill coming in and because i had 6 smaller things come in i got 180 in overdraft fees my husband got paid today and our account is still negative hints the very bad depressing day yesterday now today my sister is making me crazy and i wanna punch her in the face!! and i just ate a piece of chocolate cake it was good but bad indulgence!!!
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    @learning

Sorry to hear about money troubles have to say shop at uk version of aldi all time (as it is about 5 mins away from my work and only shop with out 15 min walk into centre of town).

The google spreadsheet is good idea use it myself (got a spreadsheet that records lots information (data from MFP, sleep times, calories consumed according to directlife,work on my 101 in 1001 days goals and more. This all powers a dashboard I have setup at http://www.fitnessthegeekway.com/dashboard-fitness/.

I hope you do not mind I added a formula at bottom so we could as group in total how much people have lost.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options

This is totally awesome!! Thank you Nikki!! :)
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I have a suggestion for a weekly challenge, don't check the scale. I've been seeing that alot of us (yes, me included) are checking the scale way more than we should. Let's focus on how we feel for a week that isn't measured by what some piece of equipment says we should be feeling. Let's do the weigh in a the beginning, and not weigh in until the next time we are SCHEDULED to weigh in. That's just a suggestion.

I like that idea!!