Dropping pounds with inspiring pals *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• kcb315
    kcb315 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Monday NSV: well i normally dont think i'm pretty and for once I can actually say I felt pretty today :) and I got through my speech in oral communications and i gave eye contact, which I didn't for my last two speeches (thats not a weight loss victory but it still feels good)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Monday NSV: well i normally dont think i'm pretty and for once I can actually say I felt pretty today :) and I got through my speech in oral communications and i gave eye contact, which I didn't for my last two speeches (thats not a weight loss victory but it still feels good)

I agree, eye contact as a victory. lol I get nervous giving speeches and it shows because I look down! Which really messed me up on points in some of my college courses.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    There has been a lot of posts lately on MFP about belly dancing. Really makes me miss it! :sad: Though there is someone teaching a class up here now on Wed. & Fridays. I hope by this time next year I'll be back into, and maybe I can have a figure like this one to go with all the moves! (*sigh* wishful thinking right there!)

Mystic-blog-pic-2.jpg
  • Laurathabomb
    Laurathabomb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My beginning weight this week is 232. I pray I can get past this plateau I am on!!!!! lets rock this week :heart:

Update*** Sorry just wanted to add my NSV for Monday :smooched: I gave away six pair of pants, two skirts, and 5 shirts yesterday to one of my fellow soccer moms who just started a new job and needed office clothes. Most of these were sizes 16-20 clothes! I am proud to say I am wearing a 14 now! Even though all 14's are not the same.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options

Awesome self-confidence victory! :)
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    There has been a lot of posts lately on MFP about belly dancing. Really makes me miss it! :sad: Though there is someone teaching a class up here now on Wed. & Fridays. I hope by this time next year I'll be back into, and maybe I can have a figure like this one to go with all the moves! (*sigh* wishful thinking right there!)

I've never tried it... always thought I had "too much belly", y'know? It does sound like fun. I'm with you next year! :)
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Mystic-blog-pic-2.jpg

I totally want to learn how to do this one day. I am thinking for now...when I finish the master's degree that I want to join some kind of MMA (mixed martial arts)...any suggestions on a type that would be good to start with?
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options

totally want to learn how to do this one day. I am thinking for now...when I finish the master's degree that I want to join some kind of MMA (mixed martial arts)...any suggestions on a type that would be good to start with?
    There's an MMA place near me that offers a "Cage Fitness" class. It looks really interesting. Kind of like kickboxing and Zumba mixed together!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I know I'm waaaay late, but I had a busy monday! My NSV that happened this weekend was my glasses were falling off my face because I lost weight in my face! I got them tightened and just out of habit I keep pushing them up my nose but I don't have too! :-P Good luck everyone! Get your 30 mins in!!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My beginning weight this week is 232. I pray I can get past this plateau I am on!!!!! lets rock this week :heart:

Update*** Sorry just wanted to add my NSV for Monday :smooched: I gave away six pair of pants, two skirts, and 5 shirts yesterday to one of my fellow soccer moms who just started a new job and needed office clothes. Most of these were sizes 16-20 clothes! I am proud to say I am wearing a 14 now! Even though all 14's are not the same.

WooHoo on your NSV! :flowerforyou: :drinker: That is awesome... congrats on the 14s.
  • cbass13
    Options
    Hello My name is Crystal and Im new here. My weight now is 225lbs. Hope to meet people. Have a great night everyone..
  • andijohn
    Options
    I had an awesome day today! met and went over the 30mins of exercise and I drank 10 glasses of water! I have really been trying to up my water intake! I don't have a NSV as I am new at this still, but you are all so inspering and I can't wait to have my own sometime soon!
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My NSV for today was that a top that I love, that was always a little too tight on me, was actually somewhat loose and looked really good on me :)

Also, belly dancing rocks :) I do it once a week or so, just using a DVD, really gives me a great core workout
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    NSV- I have had this pair of jeans forever. I believe I got them about 6 or 7 years ago and have probably only worn them 3 times when I was at my lowest. Every spring/ summer I try them on like they are going to magically fit me and they never do. Yesterday I tried again and they buttoned and zipped right up! I'm still going to wait a few more weeks to wear them because I am rocking a bit of a muffin top which is so not hot.

I feel bad for all of the horrible things I've called Jillian Michaels over the past week and a half. I guess I should be thanking her instead of cursing her mid-squat!
  • KLi531
    Options
    I had an awesome day today! met and went over the 30mins of exercise and I drank 10 glasses of water! I have really been trying to up my water intake! I don't have a NSV as I am new at this still, but you are all so inspering and I can't wait to have my own sometime soon!

I am right there with you on the water! Everytime I think i did it I am always like 3 glasses short and end up drowning myself before bed just to make it up. Then I have to wake up 19 times to pee...
  • KLi531
    Options
    2955898_9981.jpg

a better pic of the niece!

Monday NSV- I was able to wear my husbands boxers last night to bed. When we first got married I couldn't even get them on over my fat belly and thighs!

So cute!! Congrats!

And awesome NSV!!
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd check in and say having a good few days, high exercise, zig zagging seems to be good, hope your all well, the baby is just precious by the way!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I feel bad for all of the horrible things I've called Jillian Michaels over the past week and a half. I guess I should be thanking her instead of cursing her mid-squat!

LOL I think this is how most people feel about JM after a while.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    @caroltina I just noticed your Before & After in your signature. You look Amazing!
  • megamoo04
    Options
    good morning everyone! hope you have a great day!