What's on your mind?

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    My MFP bestie’s 15hr surgery went well.
    The sweet man emailed me from the ICU.
    ❤️🙏

Glad your bestie is doing ok 🙂
    And Happy Birthday 🎉🎁🎂🎈hope its a great one.
    c56uwhnrjded.gif

Yep what she said!! Sorry, can't do uploads. :( But my heart is in the right place! <3
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,264 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    @honey_honey_12 I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Thank you 😊
  • Sweet_A
    Sweet_A Posts: 7,694 Member
    jcul14owrg4c.jpeg
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,504 Member
    I took a mini break from here not realizing how confusing it would be to add friends once I returned again. I don't remember anyone's usernames 😕
  • ReenieHJ
    Well that's a heckuva thing. Maybe some of you remember I sent a package to my dd mid December and it got lost in the mail, still sitting in a huge warehouse 1 city away from where she lives. I'm in the process of filling an insurance claim out, in hopes they'll reimburse us for some of it anyways. In the box was a card and check. On that check was my dh's former place of employment's address because that was the address he was using when he opened that checking account. Guess where that card and check ended up today? At my dh's former employer. WTH. No mention of anything else, nothing, just the opened card and check.
    Anyone have a clue what to expect now? I dread calling them because I sit on the phone for 45 minutes and they're not much help. :( Just wondering if the rest of the package will follow; I had a slip of paper in the box with her address and our return address but it looks like that got lost. Both dh and I are thinking WTH??
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    They're filming something across the street from where I work and, as I was walking by, I was way more interested in the catering than what they were filming.

Look, I saw the words "mac & cheese", ok?!

:)

@ReenieHJ And I remember! At least the check wasn't stolen or anything but totally weird.
  • KDough789
    KDough789 Posts: 6 Member
    I miss my old friend. He didn't die or anything. I guess if I were desperate I could reach out to him again, but it's over. Just sort of sucks. It ended almost two years ago now. While I have mostly moved on, there are moments that make me think of him. Like today, when I was browsing on discord and some people were having a conversation. If we were still friends, my friend and I would have talked about that.

Not only that, but an even older friend had emailed me out of the blue months ago and then stopped about two months ago. I get attached to people! I can't take this "coming back into my life only to ghost me" nonsense. It hurts.

And because of that, it made me think of another old friend I used to have, and I know he lives in the state next to mine now, and it just makes me wonder... but yeah, I can't get in touch with him either due to how our relationship ended, but that was ten years ago... but still. It just wouldn't be a smart move.

I have people to talk to, but not people I can talk to about the things that consume me, so to speak. Things I care about. It's a bummer, really.

Also, people online are weird. I am apparently good at getting private messages from people that I have zero interest in talking to. And let's face it, a lot of these come from men who I must only assume have no good intentions, and ugh... Not happy with all that, lol.

So, yeah. That's on my mind. Missing friends, but overall, doing okay, lol.
  • glassyo
    Boss had covid and is coming back today and he's not even here yet and it's already started. He asked what was going on and I didn't have much to tell him and brought up a client who called me yesterday (I was out most of the day at urgent care) and he said he already took care of it and something like he's been out of the office three weeks and he knows more of what's going on than I do and now I'm on the verge of tears and in massive pain when I move around (and it's apparently something stupid like constipation) and I really wish he would just stay away.
  • ReenieHJ
    Thinking about why it feels like everyone has an agenda these days. They want you on their side, want to sell you something whether it's a product, a service or their ideas. It's getting so I don't believe anybody anymore. :/
  • ReenieHJ
    glassyo wrote: »
    Boss had covid and is coming back today and he's not even here yet and it's already started. He asked what was going on and I didn't have much to tell him and brought up a client who called me yesterday (I was out most of the day at urgent care) and he said he already took care of it and something like he's been out of the office three weeks and he knows more of what's going on than I do and now I'm on the verge of tears and in massive pain when I move around (and it's apparently something stupid like constipation) and I really wish he would just stay away.

Ugh! I hope you're feeling better now and boss is behaving better. He sounds like a PITA to work for.
  • glassyo
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »

Ugh! I hope you're feeling better now and boss is behaving better. He sounds like a PITA to work for.

Thanks! I'll live but that's gonna be my next post. :)

He's actually been pretty calm the past few days other than being incredibly non tolerant when talking about clients so better them than me. He says he feels weird and he's so out of it, he doesn't remember if he's done things. Now may be a good time to remind him I haven't had a raise in 3 years! (Honestly, I didn't really deserve one.)
  • honey_honey_12
    Now that Hef is dead,
    they were all sweet, innocent young girls being taken advantage of.
    Everyone comes out of the woodwork to try and grab a piece of the pie, no matter how nasty it is.
    They knew what they were doing.
    Give me a break.
    I would give them $0.00
  • fbyv587pxsu0.jpeg

I wonder how many people know what this is.

dprdp6pbo9bw.gif
  • honey_honey_12
    fbyv587pxsu0.jpeg

dprdp6pbo9bw.gif

Is that a “no”? 😂
  • fbyv587pxsu0.jpeg

dprdp6pbo9bw.gif

Is that a “no”? 😂

I actually do know what it is, and I miss them. Even the little ones for the small triangle "smokers" window.
  • fbyv587pxsu0.jpeg

dprdp6pbo9bw.gif

Noooo, it's a thingamajig

doohickey
  • honey_honey_12
    wxkhfvlx667f.jpeg