So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, both breakfasts sound great. I think I'll have both for dinner tonight with some hot chicken soup and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some more of those peanut butter cookies and an iced mocha. Not going anywhere near outside this weekend. Hibernating until Tuesday. Not even sticking my nose out the door.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Oh, hey, I see you two came back in to sit by the fire and have some more cookies. Sorry about the pajamas. I was upstairs in my room here at The Inn at the Cybercafe and I got all comfy in my pajamas and my fuzzy bunny slippers and decided I wanted to sit by the fire. Milk and cookies sound good. I’m going to have some cherry almond cookies. 😋
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    -12 this a.m. Staying in here by the fire, it's so nice and toasty, perfect atmosphere. I'm in the mood for making S'mores right now. :) Ooey, gooey and chocolatey. Bring it on please?!

And looking at the moon through the window makes everything feel so enchanting.

I think I'll be back at lunch time for some grilled cheddar and apple sandwiches and some hot chocolate with whipped cream.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    @ReenieHJ — loved your sandwich order! Viktor, I’ll have what she’s having. I think ginger molasses cookies would pair well with the hot chocolate. It’s time for an afternoon nap. That way I can stay up late to see if we get any snow before the ice moves in at 3:00 am tomorrow morning.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, only -7 degrees here this morning. Although I woke up without heat in my apartment. Called the emergency number and our maintenance guy got back to me. He came a little while later and checked it, rebooting it. He also left me a space heater which has worked wonders. I wonder if I could hide it in the closet when he comes back and say someone stoled it. Nah maybe not, The heat has been slowly climbing back up and is 71 now inside. The fire at the cyber cafe feels really good. I'm going to have a roast beef sub with the works, and lots of cheddar cheese. Potato chips and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a giant chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. So today and tomorrow we go through the cold, and then it's snow tomorrow and Monday. We may get ice as well fun fun fun.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Whoa, -7 degrees and no heat sounds miserable. Well, the ice storm cometh. Hope none of us lose power. I checked my forecast and it looks like it might snow next weekend. Maybe. In the meantime, I’ll order the baked ravioli Francois made. No one makes garlic bread like Francois. The cybercafe does it the best. I’ve been nibbling from the antipasto platter and enjoying my Sapphire martini. For dessert an espresso with a twist of lemon and cannoli like Mama used to make.
  • ReenieHJ
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Zzyyggy Hope your heat is on and running top notch now!! Be careful out there the next few days. It's brutally cold this a.m. and we'll be shoveling our way out of tons of snow later. Best to sit back, feet up, and watch the blizzard through the windows of the cafe. :) And be served by the finest of the fantasy chefs here.

@LindaK125, you stay safe as well, being in a state that's probably not as well prepared as northerners are, for snow and ice. I'm hoping my dd in Winston-Salem area, is allowed to WFH for a couple days, JIC. Hope nobody loses power and everybody here stays safe.

Breakfast, a nice hot breakfast sounds good right now. Being waited on sounds good too. :) I'd like a hot fluffy very cheesy omelet, stuffed with mushrooms, lots of cheese, onions, peppers and spinach, more cheese, along with hash browns, homemade toast slathered with real butter, and a good piping hot cup of Green Mountain Roaster's. And don't hold back on the cheese please Viktor! :)

I'll see you all at dinnertime tonight because I'm sure I won't be able to do more than waddle until then.

Stay safe!
  • LindaK125
    Options
    We got snow, ice, and rain, and snow, and ice. The trees are glistening and the roads are frozen and I’m not sure, but it looks like there’s at least half an inch of frozen stuff on the driveway. I’m not going out to check, though. We still have power. Yeah! By noon tomorrow it will start to thaw out. Heads up, the storm is coming your way.

Viktor, I’d like smoked chicken with Alabama white BBQ sauce, broccoli casserole, coleslaw, and biscuits, please. Francois and I made chocolate chip cookies this afternoon. I added coconut, cranberries, and pecans to half of them. Can’t wait to have some for dessert.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, Reeniehj, the heat is back on and I'm comfortable. Haven't stepped foot outside in the last couple of days though it did look really beautiful. Linda I wouldn't go out either. Hopefully we get more snow then ice up here. I hate ice. I'm not planning on going anywhere tomorrow either. Just did a Leslie Sansone walk at home tape where it's nice and warm inside. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of Lasagna, garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. Hope everyone is safe and warm.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I just popped in for the cookies. :) I'm such a cookie monster, never met a cookie I didn't like. Well except Fig Newtons. But if there are any of Linda's cookies left over, I'd love a couple with a glass of milk, please. They sound amazing. :)
  • LindaK125
    Options
    @ReenieHJ there are always cookies! And chocolate, and medicinal chocolate, and croissants, and chocolate chip mint ice cream, and macaroni and cheese, and my favorite little cheese crackers, and pizza, and coffee, and espresso, and tea, and cafe mocha, and iced mochas, and coffee with Godiva Chocolate Liqueur. I just listed some of my favorites. This is the cybercafe, where our motto is: If you can dream it, you can eat it. I think I’ll go check out the refrigerator. Francois won’t mind if I have a nibble or two. Maybe I can find some of my favorite little cheese crackers or cheese danish or cheese doodles. I wonder if there’s any of that bean dip, cheese, sour cream, and salsa appetizer. I could have that with tortilla chips. I think I might have had a little too much espresso in my cappuccino this evening. Oh, I could have another cappuccino.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I don't have a craving for tacos very often but maybe when lunch comes, I'll order some with a lot of cheese, some guacamole, beans, onions, tomatoes, avocado. That sounds good to me today!

Followed by Maple-frosted cookies for dessert. :) Or peanut butter cookies dipped in chocolate. Or both.
  • Unsafespace
    Unsafespace Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I would love a cutting board filled with different cheese, cold cut meat, jams, crackers, and red globe grapes
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, love all your orders. Welcome to the Cyber Cafe Unsafespace. I've been stuck inside watching it snow all day. I suppose it's a lot better then being stuck outside. My heat has been back on since yestarday, and I'm comfy, but it's been blowing and snowing outside all day. It finally stopped a half hour ago. For dinner tonight I'll have your basic pork chops with mashed potatoes and gravy and peas. A coca cola and dinner rolls with that please. The thick pork chops with lots of fat. For dessert I think I'll have a slice of Devil's food Cake and some chocolate ice cream with an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I can’t believe I missed lunch when @Unsafespace was here.I love that order and @ReenieHJ has great breakfast orders. I want some of the maple frosted cookies and a cup of tea for my bedtime snack.

Glad you have heat Zzyyggy, especially with the storm today. Stay warm Reenie and Zzyyggy.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    @Unsafespace's cheese board does sound really tasty doesn't it?? Maybe we could order a couple of those and share, sitting fireside and watching the winter surround us. Add a baked brie to that board while you're at it. :)

S'Mores for dessert. Because hey, dessert is good anytime right?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    @ReenieHJ the cheese board with the baked Brie is wonderful. Just what I needed this morning. It’s a cold morning—much colder for you and Zzyyggy. Hey, we still have snow frosting our roofs and covering the decks and gardens. Sitting by the fire feels good. I have a cold and I need a little TLC this morning. I’m so glad Viktor brought carafes of coffee, hot chocolate, and tea out for us. Look, Francois even made my favorite little cheese crackers. It’s lovely here at the cybercafe.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, that cheese board does sound good, and I'm glad it's been redone. I'm getting tired of Winter. Was out for my Starbuck's adventure this morning and it was cold. The sun was nice though. Linda I hope you feel better. I think Viktor has brought over some homemade chicken soup. Speaking of which I think I'm going to have turkey and wild rice with lots of veggies soup. Plenty of bread and butter for dipping, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. How much snow did you guys get? All set for the next storm.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, the chicken soup sounds so good I asked Viktor to bring me some for breakfast. I’m feeling much better, thanks, but poor Sweetie is miserable. He was up in the middle of the night making tea. I made sure there was fresh squeezed lemon juice and honey for him. Fortunately, I feel good enough to cook today. The only thing in the fridge is homemade chicken soup and iceberg lettuce.

I think we need a nice warm day out on the patio by the pool and on the terrace here at the cybercafe. I could do with a day in the sun. Have a nice seafood salad on a croissant with some iced tea. Maybe the guys can fire up the grills for dinner tonight. Barbecue or steaks tonight?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yes I think it's time for Winter to be over at the Cyber Cafe and going back out to the outdoor pool. I'm going for a barbecued steak and baked potato with lots of butter and corn on the cob with a coca cola. For dessert I'm going with some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. The temp said it was 28 degrees but with that wind blowing out there it sure felt a lot colder.