B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Well I overate at Sunday dinner again. By the time I finish my walking it won't be so bad, about even with calories burned. Not the deficit I planned on.

I sat down with a good mindset, but having to sit there staring at the extra meat while my parents finish eating just gets to me. Now we all take a nap.

Maybe I can walk it off later.

Annie in Delaware

Try eating really slowly and savouring each bite.

I have to tell myself to do that because I tend to shovel food in and finish before everyone else.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Leslie Sansone’s 5 Day Walk Plan. Work and then bowling then at night ceramics tomorrow

After exercise went to WalMart since Vince needed bananas. I actually found 3 boxes of unsalted crackers!!!!!! You can bet I bought all three!!! Also, on the bottom shelf, I found a box of K-cup teas. I’ll take half the box to ceramics tomorrow and the other half to the Green Room when I go there next. Made a giant chocolate chip cookie (just bought pre-made cookie dough at WM) for Vince mainly because I have a bit of icing that I want to use up. Then fried the salmon cakes and put them in the freezer. Thank god for the freezer!

pip – that floor looks GREAT

Weight: the Wii says I lost weight and the scale says I gained. Go figure!

M – what is “hot desking”

Annie DE – those peppermint patties aren’t so bad calorie-wise. I’m thinking of getting some to keep in the freezer for when that “candy” urge hits

Lisa – Vince’s way of shopping is to go in the store, get what you want, leave. Me? I have to look at everything.

Ginny – I do think I’ll order one of those collapsible popcorn bowls for the condo. They aren’t that expensive. Plus …. they collapse so they take up much less room. Oh, do your handles get hot? What brand do you have? Nice table. Is it an Ikea? It looks a lot like ours, and ours is an Ikea.

Katla – one of the things I can’t have is black tea. Makes me nauseous. Yet, I like every other kind of tea

Kim – what a find!!!

Rebecca – that tree took my breath away

Lisa – congrats to your son and I’m crying for your daughter. She is so lucky to have you in her corner.

Michele NC

Hot desking is where you don't have an assigned desk. You just use whichever one is empty.

My new group had to move into an area that was too small for them so at any given time 2 people were working from home according to a roster. These 2 this week. Those 2 the next week etc. So the in-office people just grabbed a desk when we came in. And the next day or next week it might be a different desk.

My husband used to like browsing in the shops but not anymore. I have to get through my lists quickly or there will be a meltdown.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Further on hot desking:

https://www.wework.com/ideas/workspace-solutions/flexible-products/what-is-hot-desking
    "Hot-desking is an organizational workspace system in which desks are used by different people at different times, on an ad hoc basis. Typically, the aim is to maximize space efficiency and lessen real estate risk by reducing redundant office space."

It may be the future of offices ... I hope!
    My vision for the future of offices is much like the one described in the article, with an emphasis on working from home.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Machka ~ Could you possible drive to work instead of taking a bus? Just wondering.

Carol in GA where we have to drive everywhere as there are no bus routes in my area.

Fuel is $2/litre and parking is expensive.

However I am thinking of scouting out some less expensive parking options and then doing a cost analysis to compare the bus vs car.

Less expensive parking would mean lots more walking but maybe that would be good.

M in Oz

For comparison,

$2/litre Aus is over $5.50/gallon US, I think.

Parking in one of the parking garages downtown is at least $14/day or you can rent a spot for a minimum of $260/month.

For less expensive parking, I'd have to park at least 1.5 km away (15 min walk).

So ... by the time I've driven into the city, driven around trying to find a place to park, and walked to work, it would take me about the same time as it would to take the bus ... and driving would be quite a bit more expensive.

I've rarely driven to work throughout my life. I've usually taken the bus, cycled or walked ... or some combination, like now I walk and bus.

I've gone long periods of time either not owning a motor vehicle (6 years after my husband and I separated), or not driving at all. Even now, I just drive on the weekends but usually try to limit that as much as possible.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    I've been enjoying the Winter Olympics while grocery shopping. :)

That's about all I've accomplished this evening.

I did go in and have a look at my emails but I gave up. It seems like hundreds are rolling in ... it's probably not quite that many, but I filed a batch of them in one of my 4 accounts, then looked at how many I had left to deal with and there were sill 87.

Funny story ...

This morning, the people I work with now were talking about their weekends and one girl said that she and her partner spent the weekend watching Netflicks then about 9 pm last night they decided to go to one of the department stores that is open late just to get out of the house and look around ... because they were bored.

I sat there thinking ... "Bored"???

I cannot remember a time when I was bored.

I've had a Things To Do list since I was in my teens. A few times in my life, I felt like I was catching up ... these days I feel so far behind. But aside from the Things To Do list, I've always had things to do like cycling, walking, hiking, running, canoeing, rowing, gardening ...

Sometimes I think it might be nice to feel bored ... to have nothing to do.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    I have a microwavable bowl for popcorn that is collapsible. I haven't used it for over 3 years, but it used to be excellent. Regular popcorn was fine.

Unexpectedly had a good morning's writing. :D
    Cleaner coming any minute now.
    I popped out to the local shops straight after lunch because I realised I had used up all the onions. Bought lots of stuff, of course. :o I am cooking Lamb Tagine for dinner.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    B)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    vogr3acbe05e.jpeg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Made a hair appointment for a trim on Friday late afternoon. That will see me through the cruise. Early next week I will do the roots and ditto.

Watched about 5 hours of a German TV true crime story yesterday. :o Pretty good. When I started it I could hardly make out what they were saying (it was subtitled) , but, by the end, I could make out much more of the dialogue. The ear tunes in. :) My German is still way behind my French and even my Spanish. One thing I want to do before too long is take a trip to Germany to practice the language. My last few visits were very basic, language wise. I have always wanted to visit Dresden.

On the cruise we are going to Spain, which will be fun for my Spanish, and Italy. I mix up Italian and Spanish in speaking, but I can understand a bit of Italian if they speak slowly. I think Google Translate will be much used. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    We had scheduled an appointment to meet Poodle mama, but DH changed the day to Tuesday so that I wouldn’t have to miss my Yoga class today. I am delighted that he made the day change. It was a sweet thought. ❤️. I’ll enjoy yoga today and give DH an extra (((HUG))).

Katla