WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Well Kyle made a western omelet for breakfast for them both..Carmine sleeps in..teenagers lol
    Kyle ,Tracy and the baby will take a ride up to the cheesecake factory and pick up some cheescake slices for her birthday today and bring them home..
    Kyle likes to watch Boxing and that will be on tonight.. so they will just relax and hang out over the weekend.. at least with Kyle home on the weekends he helps with Miles and Tracy can get stuff done and hop in the shower and they ask Carmine if they want to do anything.. I dropped Carmine off from guitar lesson the other day and they actually asked to hold Miles which was a first so ita taken a month but im hoping they come around and find out he is an adorable little guy and just wants a big sibling to love..
    I think Miles does know my voice ..even though he sees me from behind a mask..
    All is going along well with them..Tracy still tired he is still eating every hour or 2 so not much sleep for either of them and she wont pump milk because he chokes if she does..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,542 Member
    Options
    Original floor, then the epoxy coloring that we had over it.

There is one spot that pulled up the coloring because of masking tape when workers had covered the entryway when they were working on the duck work. Because of that, Kirby didn’t want to think about how it was going to look in 2-3 years down the road sooooo, replacing it with tile.

189ld9dho89c.jpeg
    0pbmqqgwvznj.jpeg
    r3tbcioi0qya.jpeg
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kelly,

My heart melts when I see those grandboys. So CUTE!

Karen in Virginia
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Allie thanks for sharing your pictures of Carmine and Miles πŸ’ž It's hard to believe it's been a month already!

Kelly love your pictures! Your grandkids are so adorable! Fingers crossed that they make the big move πŸ’ž

On the topic of blood pressure! My husband was in EMT so he has the blood pressure cuff and occasionally we have taken our blood pressure with it. I do not like the automatic ones they get way too tight! My blood pressure is generally always good. His is the one we have to watch! He also has white coat syndrome when he goes to the doctor's office. His blood pressure always ran high and we found out that it was his allergy medicine that caused it to spike. Now that he's changed that it's always good!

πŸ’ž Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Thank you Kelly for posting those for me your a peach...
    Just for ha ha's i took the other covid test I had i highly doubt i have it but one never knows.. so I am just waiting .. i dont know if i put to much solution on it or not.. we shall see..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Re blood pressure readings- I have never had a high blood pressure reading. Once, a long while back, my doctor took my blood pressure and said, β€œMy God, woman, you are going to live forever.” I’ve had blood pressure readings from various doctors over the years and nobody else commented other than using the word β€œgood.”. I count myself very lucky.

Katla
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Love, Love, Love all the photos that have been shared today! What a wonderful group of ladies to share your lives with all of us!

Carol in GA :)
  • grandmallie
    Options
    No covid.... didnt think so... its just a TV watching day for me...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,542 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 47min 19sec, 137elev, 3.28ap, 90ahr, 109mhr, 9.23mi= 876c
    Strava app = 1114c
    21787steps

Won’t b able to spin, boy even with the plastic covering, really dusty, that will b fun to clean

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    My mom got a new blood pressure med and dropped an old one, so she is perky today. She felt like going out so my dad is taking her to the grocery store again so she can buy random things for entertainment. It's great that she feels better, but I wish she wouldn't get involved in the groceries. It's like letting a two year old help. I wish she would actually take her blood pressure with her little machine so we could get an idea how this pill works.

Barbara the doctor didn't seem too bothered by her high blood pressure. I got the idea she is headed for a stroke, and he is going to tweak her medicine, but he can't make her young again. She is on a half dose of blood thinners and nobody knows why only half. She had leaky valves four years ago and that hasn't been checked since. So he's trying to get her on track. She's going back in a month to see. Maybe she will be less confused on this new plan.

Annie in Delaware

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    KJ (Kelly), thank you for your kind words. I tell the moderators, and administrators of the group I just want to be the token old wise Navy momma.πŸ™ƒπŸ˜. They have added me to their administrators Facebook Messenger chat group, and I am more of a consultant. But the expert after my name does give me some street creds.πŸ‘πŸ’–
    I have seen some great pickle soup recipes! I would probably tend to make it more in the summer, with all the salty tones to it. I am taking photos of soup, to add to the group, and will post them here as well. Its the sheen of soups that get me.πŸ’–. Like my chicken with dumpling soup, as the dumplings were cooking in the broth, the oils were playing around in the dough. It was glorious!
    Rebecca
    self proclaimed island Soup queen on
    Whidbey
    WA
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Pip, its looking good! Glad you live in a climate where leaving a window open because of all the dust isn't such a big deal. πŸ‘. Can't wait to see it all done!
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Yesterday was interesting... We bought some great red ale made in Bellevue WA and of course Lee poured a pint to check the taste. So I was sipping on that, while putting away the groceries. Then I had some hummus and bagel chips to soak up the beer. At 4 pm we went to our ramen place in Langley. We shared gyoza, and each had ramen with pork. Cozy warm, flushed cheeks wonderfulness! I also had a can of my favorite beer, a light Belgium style ale that is imported from Japan called Wednesday's Cat. It was a tough belly day, as it was more beer I have had in many months, plus a grand meal. I am still processing and its almost 1:30 pm. Eating very light tonight. No regrets though. My son and I were making memories!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Katla49
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Rebecca - Making happy memories is the best thing in the world. Congrats on making happy memories with your son. WTG!

Katla

❀️😘❀️😘
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    RvRita
  • Katla49
    Options
    Pip β€” When we moved here we chose hardwood floors in most areas, carpet on stairs, and ceramic tile in wet zones like bathrooms and the laundry room. We’ve been here 20+ years with few troubles.

You & Kirby are smart & a good team. I think you will make glorious choices that you both love. ❀️

Katla