WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Heather - do you have Paint 3D? It replaced the old Paint program that is standard with Windows here. If so, I can post up a quick way to shrink an image.

Machka - do you think it's the two-job thing that's got you pushed into grinding again? When you were in school as well as working, you were quite stressed as well.

Ginny - Good to see you. It's down to 7 degrees this morning here, too, so everything that was slushy yesterday is frozen hard and icy. Yuck.

Back up again, in the middle of my first cup of tea. Sun's coming up, supposed to be a sunny day and get above freezing by noon. If we go out, we'll probably take Corey's work truck - it's 4-wheel drive. It's unusual weather here - the very cold days here usually only come along one or two at a time, not for a week at a time.

Onward and upward...

Love,
    Lisa in AR

I'm not working both jobs at the same time.

But it's possible that the whole process of applying for jobs (a massive undertaking here) and changing jobs and trying to settle into the first job including trying to figure out bus schedules (when I have worked at the office I've gone from a 9.5 hour day at my previous place of employment to a 10.5 hour day mainly because of wonky bus schedules) has contributed.

Plus my husband's legal situation.
    Plus the extra expenses of our vehicle.
    Plus a mix up between my previous place of employment and my new place of employment which resulted in me not getting 2 days pay right when we had these extra expenses. I should get it next week. I hope.

There's been a lot going on in my life.

M in Oz

There's a new bus schedule out this week ... it's back to school for the kids and they often issue a new schedule for everyone about this time of year. School kids often use city buses to get to school.

This time they've "helpfully" added some express routes which take the same amount of time as the regular routes!! :lol::lol: <<sigh>>

But one thing they have done is put in a route that works better for me, so I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

It also appears there might be a better route on the way home. We'll see. I hope!!

I am back in the office tomorrow, but a different office.

Just to add to the confusion, when I moved to my new position, they were in a temporary office because the COVID team had taken their office. I worked in that temporary office for several days and because it was temporary and we were hot desking, I had to bring everything I needed each day in a backpack which caused my neck to cramp up (and probably contributed to the grinding).

The COVID team has moved to my previous office thus freeing up the usual office for my new position. So during the week I worked from home, my new work colleagues moved back to their usual office. Tomorrow, I will be assigned my new desk and find out about my new office area.

When I move to my permanent position in July, they may be in the building where they are now, or they may have moved to their new building.

I don't mind all this moving here and there, but I think it does add to the stress a bit.

I'm hoping to be able to settle into a pattern for the next 5 months working from a desk that is designated as "mine" (so I can keep some things there) and working from home sometimes (I hope).

Now I must go try to sleep. It's too early for me, but my hours are earlier now and so I need to lie down and try ...

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Today we have an appointment to meet mama Poodle and her owner at their home. I am looking forward to meeting the two of them. Puppies are not born yet as far as I know. I hope for a pleasant first meeting. I also hope to adopt a healthy puppy when they are old enough to be weaned.

Katla

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I didn't do so well eating yesterday. Still in deficit but I ate too many peppermint patties, which is the candy of choice lately. I can do better. The plan for today is to walk for 33 mins in the morning and 33 mins this afternoon to make 250 calories of exercise.

And then trim Teddy who is getting quite fluffy and starting to mat in the usual places. The fleas seem to have died down finally, thank goodness.

Mom seems more alert on her new medicine. I just hope she stays out of trouble!

Heather you got this! You know your body and your calories. The cruise will be lovely!

Michele you will get used to the CPAP. It takes time. Better sleep is so worthwhile!

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I tossed and turned alot last night.oh well you cant hsve everything..
    Im so glad Kelly was able to help me with posting those pictures of Carmine and Miles
    Nothing big doing today .. will hop in the shower and have some toast and tea.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Machka ~ Could you possible drive to work instead of taking a bus? Just wondering.

Carol in GA where we have to drive everywhere as there are no bus routes in my area.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Zoom with god daughter and her littles went surprisingly well, probably as the kiddos joined one by one, not all at once. I’m not good with children, nervous, bossy, uneasy. Really enjoyed chatting with god daughter, we’re going to do this monthly. Hope to spend a little more time getting to know each child. The eldest and youngest are girls, the middle four are boys: 16, 11, 9, 7, 4, 1.5. Afterwards my heart was lighter than it’s been in awhile. I can see so much of my BFF in her. :}
    Barbara - that sentence I highlighted above is exactly how I feel when I'm interacting with all my grands at the same time! Corey and I do not zoom with the grands because it fires them up and they bounce all over creation, running in and out of camera range, running with the camera... we both get tired and cranky so quickly that it's no fun for anyone. His hearing won't allow it, and my nerves are all a-jangle. Thank you for that, I thought I was an evil, horrible grandma. Maybe the answer is singly and separately. Will talk to my daughter about it - hope to see them in March again.

Love,
    Lisa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Update... daddy held Miles for 5 hrs yesterday and let mommy sleep and Miles slept that whole time too.. well now we know that he can do it .. we have to figure out how to keep that going..
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Pip, the tile looks amazing! Lucky you. I'm jealous! And I love your pups.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Today is bone density day for me. The medicine is alondrate sodium 70 mg tablet and I take it first thing every Sunday morning. I have to wait 30 minutes to have my first cup of coffee. If you have stopped having a period, this medicine helps protect bone strength. I am halfway through my first cup of coffee. Black tea would work the same way for tea drinkers as my morning coffee does for me.

Katla
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    I walked 34 minutes! So half done for today. Yay! I had a little muscle pain but not bad. I think my butt is getting stronger. Heaven knows where that might lead! Lol!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Pip, the tile looks amazing! Lucky you. I'm jealous! And I love your pups.

Thanks. The black lab is the only pup now. The other goldens in my pics are all gone now; rocky, bullwinkle, and Floyd. Yogi just turned 8 last month

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    The puppy breeder has had a change in her schedule. We will need to wait a day or so to meet her and mama dog.

Katla

Wishing u luck in finding your new pup