WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Mary - It’s very fashionable to have your walls the same colour as the woodwork! :D

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Husband made a nice beer bread yesterday with a red ale we found at Safeway. Then had chili last night. Yummy. We sat and watched "Matt Helm", a Dean Martin funny movie. Eldest son had a friend over, a guy he used to be room mates with. The guy gifted him with a Hot wheels car that looked like his Japanese truck. You know, the truck that's been overhauled for 6 years now by a mechanic that was way over his head in agreeing to work on it? 🙄 So he posted a pic of the toy on his Facebook page with the caption, "I have my Dihatsu truck back finally"!! Hopefully the mechanic will get the hint. The fact of the matter is the mechanic has had it longer than son had it.😳😔
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sue — DH changed the appointment for meeting Mama Poodle so that I could go to yoga this morning. I thought it was well intended, so I went. Luckily for me, I went. Two longtime yoga friends we haven’t seen in several years came to our class this morning. It was a wonderful surprise. I hope to meet mama poodle in a day or two.

Katla
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 39min 53sec, 54elev, 3.04ap, 81ahr, 108mhr, 5.13mi= 495c
    Strava app= 619c
    Walk to gym- 11.17min .53mi= 50c
    Strava app= 64c
    Spin bike at gym- 1hr 46sec, 10-13g, 14.81amph, 134ahr, 160mhr, 15mi= 510c
    Walk gym to home- 10.21min, .52mi= 49c
    Strava app= 64c

Total cal 1104
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    (((SUE))) ~ So sorry for all the problems that are cropping up.

Carol in GA
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Michelle NC Brand on Amazon is EcoPeaceful Microwave Popcorn Maker Silicone Collapsible Bowl Popcorn Popper. Mine is red. Says it is 100% pure silicone, vegan, etc. You can toss it into the dishwasher. Uses regular old popcorn kernels. Got table off of Wayfair.

Mary-I enjoyed the paint mix-up story. My husband would do such things.

Not much new. Trying to figure out what my routine will be with gym closed. Got to work at 7:30 so took full hour lunch-got a 30 minute walk in in one of our large conference rooms. Came home, walked outside for another 30. Had to walk on street due to sidewalks not shoveled consistently. Felt good to be out after staying in for several days due to weather. Did a couple of exercise with medicine ball when I got home. Will keep working toward a schedule.

Off to pack lunch for tomorrow. I can get out the door quicker if I have most of it packed tonight.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Im here tucked in with Alfie,feels nice snuggled in next to a pup..
    Up in the morning for the usual routine .. and then for haircuts tomorrow..
    Carmine was gripping at me that they wanted to go today ,i said Karen doesn't work like that you make an appointment way in advance,well cant we go today,i said no..she doesnt work on mondays.. they said oh must be nice.. really? Sassy little thing.. I said she is a year younger than grandma .she has been working for 40 yrs on her feet and she works 12 hr says how do you think you would feel? They quieted down after that
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    9zjifmbzyu9o.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Worked then bowling then ceramics. Tomorrow work and then ceramics at night

Barbara – yes, the collapsible bowl is for regular popcorn. Nothing special

M – I don’t know if I would like hot desking or not. I like knowing that there’s scotch tape, etc. and where it is.

Picked up this bear knick-knack for a friend of mine. I’d told her I would make it for her before the pandemic. Now we really don’t have a lot of time at ceramics. I’ll post a picture tomorrow

Sue WA – you have an alarm on your septic? I never heard of that. What causes it to go off? I’m thinking different things. Like what?

Ginny – do the handles of your popcorn maker get hot? I’ve been reading the reviews and looking at the questions on Amazon, but no one seems to address the handles. Why is your gym closed? I like to have my breakfast ready to eat in the morning, my clothes laid out, my pocketbook in the trunk. This way I feel I can leave faster for work, get it over with and maybe get home earlier.

Speaking of getting home earlier – I’m hoping I can tomorrow. We’re going to drop off some empty litter containers for this one gal (I know she was using them but recently I found out that she sells them for $1 each. Not a big deal. But her father was a neurosurgeon and when he passed away he left her a SIZABLE inheritance. I understand from another gal that she went shopping and spent $10,000 on designer clothing.) and four boxes of lights for the Salvation Army along with a few VHS storage cases.

Allie – kids have no concept of some things.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Options
    DH does organizing taxes. I am soooo happy that I’m not the one who does the work. DH does the job. Thank heaven.

❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️

Katla
  • Katla49
    Options
    We will meet with a woman who raises heathy poodle pups. We are looking forward to seeing the pups and will meet the breeder soon. Keeping my fingers crossed that she has many healthy pups, including a puppy for us to adopt & love. ❤️😘❤️😘❤️

Katla
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Shopping - Rodger and I haven’t shopped in anything but a hardware store together in probably 33 years. I have no idea how he shops and I’m sure he has no idea how I shop.
    We do enjoy the hardware stores and flea market type places together though.

Boredom- Machka, I often say I’m bored. Not because I don’t have a ton of things I could be doing just that I don’t have anything I want to do.

Rebecca - did you make the Christmas tree out of jewelry yourself? I have jewelry and velvet ready to do one of these for each of my girls but I keep being intimidated. It’s one of those things I could do but choose to be bored instead. 😂

We celebrated our daughters birthdays on Saturday with a meal and a fire at our youngest’s house. We brought the grands back with us for a sleepover. It was nice to have them, first time since September we’ve had both at once I think and first since November we’ve had either of them.

It’s been a miserable few weeks at work, but I am hopeful the worse is passing now. I need a break and am thinking of taking some time off.

My Mom’s nursing home is on Outbteak, currently 17 cases of Covid. So far, Mom isn’t one of them. She is fully vaccinated so I would think it would be a mild case for her if she does get it. She is relatively healthy for being in a home. She has Alzheimer’s but only physical ailment is diabetes.

Off to have a bath, I’ve been reading along daily just not commenting.
    Tracey in Edmonton

My mom and I made it many years before my sons were born. We collected jewelry from both sets of grandmas, my moms and over the years I have added more. It was easy building it. Just a thin sheet of wood, then figure out the holes for the lights, (kind of outlines the shape of the tree). Put glue on wood and place fabric over, and wrk the fabric thru the holes a bit. Paint a fancy frame gold. My mom glued the string of lights in. Don't do that! It was a bugger getting them out, after they stopped working. I have a small string, and I put a black (shield) of paper around each bulb so the bulbs would stand out ok. Then just taped the loopy parts of the strand down on the backside. The jewelry was situated around the lights. Cut off the back bits of all the earrings, and the ends of necklaces. We just used shiny strands like garland. The earrings matched on each side so its pleasing to the eye. This was done before hot glue was a thing, so lots of holding and reglueing! Have fun!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Received a call from our tax lady that they got our documents. We chatted about Warrenton, some flooding that's been going on, and the fact that we have left a bit of our heart on the Oregon coast.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
    Some nice photos I've stole because they make me happy.😁
    41yf423strpa.jpg
    hjqfg7l0ifnv.jpg
    mmfid2k89c6m.jpg
    fedvn1ivutw9.jpg

• Katla49
    edited February 2022
    Options
    This morning our yoga class had the pleasure of seeing long time friends from several years in the past. It was a wonderful surprise. I hope to see them often. I am still delighted to have seen them again today. I hope they keep coming. . ❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️

Katla in NW Oregon