Less Alcohol ~ FEBRUARY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    JustDan_71 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone! I would like to try joining you.

I have to be honest, I think I am too old or something for this part of the app. It seems awkward to navigate and I can’t ever find anything. LOL

I used to be on WW. It really helped me with my weight and I liked their community but…life!

Anyway, I have been here a while but haven’t found a place I belong and stumbled on this discussion. I am starting feel like I need a break from alcohol and I know it helps keep weight off.

Maybe checking in with people who have similar goals will help keep me on track.

Have a great Sunday!

Welcome!

I struggle with the new format too!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    @forestdweller1 great to see you back here. So sorry to hear about your health issues!!!

@lmlmrm congratulations on the sweet new addition to your family!!! She and her big sister are beauties.

Just came back from a whirlwind trip to Phoenix for a seminar. More alcohol than I usually drink, and less sleep, means I reset today. The weather was beautiful. I love springtime in a desert! Perfect weather. Then came home to East Coast winter. Brrrr!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    JustDan_71 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone! I would like to try joining you.

I have to be honest, I think I am too old or something for this part of the app. It seems awkward to navigate and I can’t ever find anything. LOL

I used to be on WW. It really helped me with my weight and I liked their community but…life!

Anyway, I have been here a while but haven’t found a place I belong and stumbled on this discussion. I am starting feel like I need a break from alcohol and I know it helps keep weight off.

Maybe checking in with people who have similar goals will help keep me on track.

Have a great Sunday!

WELCOME @JustDan_71
    Congrats on your success in the past with WW. MFP recently changed the the floor plan here and messed us all up.
    Glad you found our thread, we are all on different goal journeys. Drinking less for our own reasons. This is a wonderful group of non judgemental people. . Check in anytime.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    We left yesterday and are away for a few days. Sunday we arrived at our superbowl event at 3:00PM, we were there until 10:00PM. I had already decided I would step out of my AF streak of 49 days (yay).

Within those 6.5 hours at a big time drinking event, I kept to one standard mixed drink. ( another yay) our server came around probably every 15 minutes asking if we needed anything, I had plenty of off the chart chances to go hog wild, throw caution to the wind and say screw it. I had discussed with our server when she introduced herself that this drink I am ordering has to be worth it to me more in flavor than alcohol content. LEMON yum.

A few minutes later the server returned WITH the bartender. I was shocked! The bartender was so sweet and kind and said she really wanted to make my drink perfect ans discussed how she would make it with lots of fresh lemon zest. It was very refreshing and I followed @womona micro sips.

Tonight we're staying overnight again it being Valentines Day, I'll plan another one drink night with our Valentines dinner out.

Happy Feb 14th
    f29q466ck6sr.jpg

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    I am in, with my usual goal: 16-20AF days per month. I had 18 last month.

Diary Style is how I roll.

Sunday Feb 06 - AF
    Monday Feb 07 - AF
    Tuesday Feb 08 - AF
    Wednesday Feb 09 - 2 drinks, quite enjoyed them. Planning drinks over the weekend with one of my besties who is moving away on Tuesday. My last weekend with her, and she enjoys having drinks.
    Thursday Feb 10 - Drinks. Stayed very late at my friend's after we were both finished work. We are packing up her entire house. We had drinks at the end of the night. It may be the same for the next few days.
    Friday Feb 11 - Drinks
    Feb 12 - Drnks. Planned AF for Sunday. planned drinks Monday eve, my friend leaves on Tuesday
    Feb 13 - AF - Busy day Monday working out of town, so AF decision. Expecting to have drinks with my departing friend Monday and Tuesday, she leaves for good on Wednesday.

Rolling total: 6AF days out of 12 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    I am in, with my usual goal: 16-20AF days per month. I had 18 last month.

Diary Style is how I roll.

Feb 13 - AF - Busy day Monday working out of town, so AF decision. Expecting to have drinks with my departing friend Monday and Tuesday, she leaves for good on Wednesday.

Rolling total: 7AF days out of 13 days
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Feb 1-2 - AF
    Feb 3-5 - stuck with 2 drink limit
    Feb 6-9 - AF
    Feb 10 - 12 - 2 drink limit
    Feb 13-14 AF - I sleep better on AF nights!