WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,445 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, made up 2/14 SWSY, osteo back, dogs to powerline, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, active 5:09.
    Bonus: laptop zoom test and pickup, Freddie’s, veg & mushroom prep.
    Workin’ on it: 140.9, Hooray!, H20x6.
    Friendly February 2022
    15: Support a local business with a positive online review or friendly message.
    16: Check in on someone who may be struggling and offer to help. D&R? C? Ru?

Going to bed snackless last night had good scale results this morning. Can I do it again?

Got my laptop back, restored the files I’d temporarily updated from Joe’s pc, but wow, the paperwork and filing pile up in just a few days. Tomorrow will be a “reconcile-update spreadsheets-and-file” morning.

KJ thank you so much for your advice to Allie. You have the experience and knowledge and said it so much better than I would have. Likewise Barbie and Katla, well said.
    Machka stunning river pics. Is that near where you live or was it an excursion?
    Carla hooray for honest logging!
    Vicki don’t you just hate it when you work harder to pay more in taxes? ((hugs)) to you and your DH and your pug.
    Rita gorgeous pics, brava for trying to be positive.
    Rebecca I admire your ability to find the fun in purging unneeded objects. A skill I wish I had… sometimes ;)
    Katla hope there are no “supply chain delay”s in getting your car parts.
    Heather “…felt the tendons tear…” oww! Sounds like collapsing is the right idea. And perhaps asking your weekend guests to “help themselves” and even wait on you? No standing in the kitchen preparing your normal gourmet feasts!
    Michele, hope you can let the “million things” go. Aren’t you supposed to be on vacation?
    Welcome @AliceK813 Alice from FL! Great progress!
    Sue how frustrating. Did you speak with the branch manager and show the instructions specifying photocopy? Personally when all’s done and done, I’d find a more cooperative bank.
    Kim your insights on how Allie can avoid the inevitable creep are spot on. Your no-water garden sounds gorgeous. Seasonal pics? So wise to only plant O N E zucchini :laugh:
    Pip :love: the pooped pooch-with-teddy-bear pic.
    Tracey your stocking project sounds both fun and effective.
    Sue what about cider?

Caved in and had cocoa and biscotti. Relished and enjoyed every sip and bite. Will remember that tomorrow morning when the scale bumps up.[sigh]

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

Awe, if I don't use it, it goes. For example this is what is on my kitchen table for today. Just stuff I pick up, and know we haven't touched in so long! (Boring pics so I put in a spoiler)
    2aae19o6g30i.jpg
    jkfpto8p9bf8.jpg
    vsx46qoidf4k.jpg
    89rk55v6zva3.jpg
    But you get an idea.
    To me being a bit more minimalistic helps me flow thru my day better. It makes me see the important things, I can cleaner easier, its all positive things.
    Hugs friend!
    Rebecca

But a lot of those things you might use ... like the bandages, for example. Those are things I stock up on.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,142 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbara — In our previous house I planted a vegetable garden each year. I planted one zucchini, and did it ever grow plentiful and huge. I sneaked around in the early mornings and dropped zucchini off on neighbor’s front doors. I don’t grow zucchini any more.
    :noway:
    Katla

zucchini is one thing I have never had much luck with- I guess they don't do well in large pots and I only have two big raised beds(and they are saved for my tomatoes and cucumbers, as they are my favorites).
    Every year I try but at most, just get a few. I will try again- one zucchini and one yellow squash(I like them better than zucchini)
  • dlfk202000
    Machka9 wrote: »
    KJ— I love cottage cheese and have it for breakfast most mornings. I have a scoop of 2 percent cottage cheese topped with blueberries. I grow the blueberries myself. Bliss! 🫐🫐🫐. It comes naturally. My grandfather was a cottage cheese maker during the 1930’s through the late 1940’s. He passed away when I was 3 or 4. DH likes his cottage cheese with pineapple chunks, (not the whole pineapple.)🍍🍍🍍

I prefer my cottage cheese salted and will have it with cucumbers or dill pickles.

M in Oz

I will have to try that when my cucumbers start. I like my cottage cheese with garlic pepper and diced fresh tomato. DH likes his with canned peaches or pineapple- I do NOT like it that way.
    I use cottage cheese mostly in dishes. I found out (by accident) that when you freeze cottage cheese, it changes the texture so it is more like a ricotta- use it in my stuffed shells all the time. Now I buy and freeze it on purpose.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • dlfk202000
    Heather- I hope you heal up so you can enjoy every minute of your cruise.

Allie- I am glad you didn't pick up your phone- you need your rest!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    Did an extreme cardio DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Get Ripped by Jari Love DVD.

After exercise stopped at the Dollar Store for more mats for the cats the the SPCA thrift store and got another DVD. Came home to change then went to CVS only to find that the cereal on sale is the smaller box. I’m NOT paying that much. Then stopped at the Chamber of Commerce to send some things to Jess, went to the Post Office to mail this and some other things to her. Then to Upscale Retail where I got a good citrus juicer. They carry things in very good condition. Yes, sometimes you pay for it, but you know that it’s good. Then took Vince there to look at the picture frames, there wasn’t anything we liked. Stopped at Brevard Charities. Got a shirt and a few kitchen items we need Now home

My popcorn maker arrived! Still experimenting with it.. Looks like you can only make1/4 cup at a time. Well, that’s enough

Alice FL – welcome! Where in FL are you? I just got down here for the next month or so. What’s going on with your weather?????

Tomorrow we’re supposed to go to this one ceramics place. It’s the place where we went a few years ago when the directions were “when you see the toilet at the end of the driveway, that’s where you turn”. But she does have some really good stuff.

M – does that fork come in a set????

Heather – heal fast

Allie – good news

katla – so it was YOU who left that zucchini on my porch???? I should have known….lol

Michele exNC for a bit
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,695 Member
    "Katla— I love cottage cheese and have it for breakfast most mornings. I have a scoop of 2 percent cottage cheese topped with blueberries. I grow the blueberries myself. Bliss! 🫐🫐🫐. It comes naturally. My grandfather was a cottage cheese maker during the 1930’s through the late 1940’s. He passed away when I was 3 or 4. DH likes his cottage cheese with pineapple chunks, (not the whole pineapple

M in Oz -I prefer my cottage cheese salted and will have it with cucumbers or dill pickles."

And I perfer if my cottage cheese lives at your houses LOLOLOLO - I do not like the stuff.

LOL Kim in N. California
  • AliceK813
    AliceK813 Posts: 36 Member
    exermom wrote: »

Alice FL – welcome! Where in FL are you? I just got down here for the next month or so. What’s going on with your

Michele - Thank you for the welcome. I live on the west coast of FL near Tampa. The weather is about the same as every winter. Some sunny days, some cloudy. Some warm, some cool.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,914 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    "Katla— I love cottage cheese and have it for breakfast most mornings. I have a scoop of 2 percent cottage cheese topped with blueberries. I grow the blueberries myself. Bliss! 🫐🫐🫐. It comes naturally. My grandfather was a cottage cheese maker during the 1930’s through the late 1940’s. He passed away when I was 3 or 4. DH likes his cottage cheese with pineapple chunks, (not the whole pineapple

M in Oz -I prefer my cottage cheese salted and will have it with cucumbers or dill pickles."

And I perfer if my cottage cheese lives at your houses LOLOLOLO - I do not like the stuff.

LOL Kim in N. California

I’m with you Kim!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,695 Member
    B)
  • Katla49
    ❤️😘❤️⭐️

Katla
  • Katla49
    edited February 2022
    Time to rest and appreciate good people, family & friends. <3

Katla
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,988 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,445 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    KJ— I love cottage cheese and have it for breakfast most mornings. I have a scoop of 2 percent cottage cheese topped with blueberries. I grow the blueberries myself. Bliss! 🫐🫐🫐. It comes naturally. My grandfather was a cottage cheese maker during the 1930’s through the late 1940’s. He passed away when I was 3 or 4. DH likes his cottage cheese with pineapple chunks, (not the whole pineapple.)🍍🍍🍍

I prefer my cottage cheese salted and will have it with cucumbers or dill pickles.

M in Oz

I will have to try that when my cucumbers start. I like my cottage cheese with garlic pepper and diced fresh tomato. DH likes his with canned peaches or pineapple- I do NOT like it that way.
    I use cottage cheese mostly in dishes. I found out (by accident) that when you freeze cottage cheese, it changes the texture so it is more like a ricotta- use it in my stuffed shells all the time. Now I buy and freeze it on purpose.

It's really good in lasagne too.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Heather I'm sorry to hear that you fell. prayers for a speedy recovery 🙏

Allie good news from the Doctor!

We're getting ready to have the grandkids and parents visit! Of course all of them except for 1 have covid. She'll probably get it soon. We just got over it so if they feel better by Friday they're still planning on coming.

💞 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota