• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options

I'm so enjoying Shtisel on Netflix. :D

I enjoyed that one too!

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    MICHELE what veggies do you like ? Cooked (Steamed ? baked ? stir fried ?) ? Raw ? frozen ? Fresh ? spiced up or with herbs or with oil or butter or au nature ?...
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Weight up :'( so I did 30 min on stationary bike and 30 min of weight training. I enjoyed the weight training. the bike less so...
    did some picking up and tidying too to start the day.
    there is a big subway strike today. ran around all week, but I don't have any meeting more than walking distance today from home so I'm okay on that level.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,886 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Julie – give me my veggies (no sauce or butter) and my fruit and I’m one happy camper! I do eat a little bit of meat, mainly for the iron and some protein. But I love my veggies and fruit. Many times Vince says “I swear you’re becoming a vegetarian”

Michele
    MICHELE what veggies do you like ? Cooked (Steamed ? baked ? stir fried ?) ? Raw ? frozen ? Fresh ? spiced up or with herbs or with oil or butter or au nature ?...

I also love my veggies and will often have meals without meat - tonight, for example, I had a vegetarian burrito.

I take these to work and heat them in the microwave. Each steamer bag is 2 servings of veg. I really like this particular variety but occasionally I'll get a different mix.

w0cnk1rqbq1w.png

At home, we usually have 2-3 servings of mixed veg, frozen and then heated in the microwave like the steamer bags. The veg mix will have broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, beans, broad beans, corn, brussels sprouts, and sometimes other things.

• Occasionally, we'll have roast veggies.
    • Once in a while, I'll do a chicken and veg curry (mostly veg).
    • In the summer, we might have salad now and then.
    • We like vegetarian burgers with delicious veggie burgers we get from our grocery store and topped with raw lettuce and tomatoes.
    • If we do tacos, there will be raw lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and beans.

I eat a couple pieces of fruit during the day as well.

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Barbara: Our 2nd big storm was scheduled to hit us. In the last 15 minutes, the weather has gone from calm and sunny to overcast, and raining. The temperature has dropped noticeably. Wind is getting up as well. Planning to stay indoors.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,886 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Interesting article. I actually do my own personal combination of these.
    While my list does make me feel overwhelmed, I am actually accomplishing what I *need* to by the deadlines.

I Tried 4 To-Do List Methods. Here’s What Worked.
    by Kelsey Alpaio
    January 14, 2021

https://hbr.org/2021/01/i-tried-4-to-do-list-methods-heres-what-worked

My method is this:

I have a long, long, long, long, long To Do list on the computer in Word. It's got EVERYTHING. It's probably got much more than it needs to.

A list as long as mine would be useless if it were just an incredibly long list. But I divide it into sections.
    - The top section are items with due dates.
    - That is followed immediately by items that I need to complete soon but which don't have due dates.
    - The next set of sections divides items into "rooms". I work well when I divide tasks into rooms. So I'll have the things I need to do in the bathroom, things I need to do in the office, etc. Those are long-term things which I know I'll be working on next year this time.
    - The last section are all the things I've completed. I didn't used to keep those. I used to delete things when I finished them but I felt like I was spinning my wheels and not getting anything done. So I started keeping what I've done and it turns out that I've done A LOT!

In addition to the list, I also do the calendar trick that Kelsey (author of the the article above) talks about. I put the items with due dates on the calendar and items I need to complete soon but don't have due dates on my calendar so I've actually scheduled time to do them.

Does all this work?

Well, I am getting the necessary things done. But I do wish for an evening I can spend colouring now and then. Unfortunately to get the necessary things done, I need to keep working on them every evening.

ejel7fda8r8t.png

Machka in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Machka- I have three different to-do lists. All on paper, because I LOVE to cross things off and throw out a completed list. The first one is a list of things that need to be done throughout the week. I don't block off certain times to do them, but I do write how long each will take. The second is my activities for the kids throughout the week. I have a form for each day with times we are going to do certain activities. Making this list is actually an item on the first to do list. lol The third list is long term projects. Home reno, childcare projects, etc. Those get crossed off throughout the year. Some have completion dates beside them, like "prep space for garden by ___". Some just state a month in which certain things need to be completed by.

I had pizza last night. AND a hard lemonade. My weight is up a pound this morning. lol Ah well, it will come off. No school today, so I will have the big kids here. Trying to breathe through the rising stress levels...ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :) When I walk the dogs, I notice the weeds coming up and think about starting to clean up the yard, then I get back inside the warm house and forget all about it. With all the figure skating to watch on TV, I'm enjoying spending my afternoons on the exercise bike watching TV. I've decided to start thinking about the yard again after figure skating season is over.

:)Barbara, there are a lot of people line dancing indoors without masks now and I've been approached about teaching my class again. I still don't feel safe indoors with other people so I won't be doing it. My husband's health is far more important than fun with other people.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a pile of important papers and a bunch of starred emails and notes in my Google calendar instead of a to do list. It works because I have very few things with deadlines and mostly errands where I work on them each week. For instance putting trim the dog on Sunday afternoon keeps it from hanging over my head all week. I need to go through my papers though. Things get buried.

Windy here today. It's the tail end of a big storm but we aren't getting rain this time.

Oh and my Dad finally got my mom to get her blood work done! Yay! Now if she would only take her blood pressure so we know if the meds are working.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Nothing new just here with Tracy and Miles
  • smrsfaith
    smrsfaith Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    smrsfaith wrote: »
    Hello Group

I would like to join you here. I am over 60 years old, married with children and grandchildren (our sunshine). We have a very active pup that keeps me moving most days. Which is really good.. even when I don’t feel like it. I dabble with gardening and we’re building a dyi chicken coop and getting baby chicks next month. I was close to goal and gained some back.. to drop again. But taking it slowly. I want to work on my strength, stamina and get stronger in every avenue of my life.

faith/CA

Welcome Faith, from Whidbey island in Puget Sound in Washington State! These are a great group of ladies, all in different stages of our health journey. Feel free to vent, gush, and post pics of your dog and grandkids!
    Rebecca

Thank you Rebecca.. will do!
  • smrsfaith
    smrsfaith Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Get Ripped with Jari Love DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some HIIT and then use the rowing machine. After exercise went to Aldi since I needed more eggs to hard boil (which reminds me that I need to do that).

Alice K – right now we’re on the East Coast, across the river from the Cape. When we got here Mon I was freezing. Today I’m in shorts.

Betsy – good luck with your eye procedure. In your shoes, I’d be super excited, too

Saw this guy at the gym today, recognized him from last year.

Julie – give me my veggies (no sauce or butter) and my fruit and I’m one happy camper! I do eat a little bit of meat, mainly for the iron and some protein. But I love my veggies and fruit. Many times Vince says “I swear you’re becoming a vegetarian”

Lisa – many times places like Office Max have a fax machine. (((HUG))). Isn’t the government so efficient <snicker>???

Missy and Faith – welcome

Michele
    about to go play Canasta

Thank you Michele!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Wow, Alexandra, that must be be a HUGE relief! Here's to you feeling better and better! :drinker:

Storm is pretty bad here, (red alert) but lights are on etc. Fence is holding up! Should get a bit better this evening. We haven't been outside at all. :o A gust of 122 miles per hour has been recorded not that far from here! Ours are around 70 - 80.

My friend L had to hitchhike to the ophthalmologist because all the buses were cancelled because of the storm. :*:o She got there OK. Friend will try to pick her up.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx