WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• smrsfaith
    smrsfaith Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, dogs to powerline, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, active 5:52
    Bonus: 56 mins grooming Tumble, 52 mins line dancing on the beach
    Workin’ on it: 142.6, H20x6.
    Friendly February 2022
    18: Respond kindly to everyone you talk to today, including yourself ;}

Skimmin’ as I’m sleepy and still trying not to snack.

Terri in my mind’s eye, I can just see you spinning and jumping on ice skates!
    Welcome @mvarga1972 Missy from IN!
    Rebecca my washed out ziplock bags drip dry on the rinsed out beer bottles awaiting recycling but your arrangement looks artistic and beautiful. Joe calls my recycling obsession “playing with garbage.”
    Allie sorry to hear about your uncle, praying his passage is peaceful.
    Vicki are you in line for your boss’ job?
    Welcome @smrsfaith Faith from CA. Where in CA (I’m an SF native who lived in N Calif for 45 years) and what kind of dog?
    Machka thanks for explaining about the way your DH makes mulch, I was wondering… ;)
    Thanks Karen! I had all three Pfizer, Joe had first 2 Pfizer, then Moderna booster.
    Thanks pip!
    Lisa think writing it up is a very good idea on so many levels, organizing history for any appeals as well as getting it out on paper to ease your mind.
    Katla we had mild headaches, fatigue and a couple of days feeling off, but so much better than having the virus and its possible complications.
    Julie hope the subway strike doesn’t carry over onto other services. Good luck!

This afternoon when I got ready to go to the beach for line dancing, it was 60+ degrees and calm at our house so I put on a lighter, cooler shirt and left my gloves at home. Uh oh. When I got down to the beach, the wind was blustery and cccold. Quite a few people were taking pictures of the big, wild waves and I’m afraid a few of them snuck pics of us old gals dancing on the beach. Sure hope we don’t show up on social media!

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

Hello Barbara .. Southern CA. We have a rambunctious Lab. ❤️
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I plan to go to yoga this morning. I enjoy the exercise and companionship. I also expect that the class will be masked.

We are looking forward to the birth of puppies at the end of March for our dog breeder. We’re hopeful that one of those puppies will eventually be ours.

In the news, a ship load of cars from Germany is on fire in the Atlantic. Our mechanic has ordered a part for my car. At this point I think the part will not arrive any time soon. The ship was already on its way when he ordered the part. Our needed part is not likely to come in for a long time. The car has a glass sunroof. There was a shade screen below the sunroof that needs to be shipped in from Germany. :grumble: :ohwell: The engine works fine.

Katla
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    I did my six minutes elliptical, twelve minutes marching and forty six minutes of yoga. Yay! The side plank is wobbly but recognizable for a minute or so. Yay! My shoulders are getting a workout and holding up pretty well.

I'm ambivalent about seeing results on the scale today. I had my share of treats. If it's not cookies it's chocolate. And yesterday I had saltines crackers. But we shall see. I ate my calories back but mostly stayed under.

Annie in Delaware
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Alexandra congrats on successful surgery!

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    Machka: ’The last section are all the things I've completed. I didn't used to keep those. I used to delete things when I finished them but I felt like I was spinning my wheels and not getting anything done. So I started keeping what I've done and it turns out that I've done A LOT!’
    I’m a great believer in lists. I do mine in my journal. I draw a star beside each one accomplished. I have journals going back to the 1990s, which I occasionally reread.

I also keep a personal development notebook. I set yearly and 5 yearly goals, and constantly review them.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Barbara--I am not in line as my boss is over several depts and I would not want that headache. He is over us, safety and maintenance.

Machka--Your yard looks so very nice.

Alexandra--Sending Hugs and prayers for quick healing.

Heather--Pray you stay safe. The weather this year is crazy. This is the first year in as long as I can remember that we have had only one little bit of snow that lasted less than 48 hours. Today back up in the high 50's.

I am so glad it is Friday as this week as been stressful. Plans tomorrow to go to Lincoln to a Bike show and visit my friend at the rehab center if they will let us in. Then Church on Sunday. Hope to get some work done on the 4 baby blankets I am making, they are coming out a lot better then I expected.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND ,NE <3
  • Katla49
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Yoga today — YAY!!! I’m warming up on a stationary human powered bike at the Fitness Club. Class starts at 10 am.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    Started my morning off in the dentist office. Didn't sleep well, thinking about it. When I was there for a cleaning last week, he said " we are going to have a TALK when you come back in"-that is never good.
    Appointment went better than expected. The biggest is gums look a lot better already since last week AND no mention of having my wisdom tooth/teeth out.
    I go back in for a couple small fillings ON my birthday-great way to start the day off
    Thankful we have our insurance that is better right now so going to just get everything done now.

Worked on the pruning again yesterday- will hopefully finish the front yard this weekend- then need to start in the back garden.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    The side fence did come down. The neighbour knocked on our door. Fortunately it is her responsibility. She has contacted a fence man. I think he will be busy. :o
    Roofs off, debris and trees everywhere. No trains. Planes could not land. They had to go back to Europe. We stayed home and I'm amazed the aerial survived! :D
    Delicious sauerkraut, cabbage and Polish sausage dinner. Very yum.
    Ankle still improving, but I can only come downstairs sideways, one step at a time.

DH and I sorted out the guest bedroom. Duvet done, towels out, and he hung up his shirts!!!! Looks OK. I will dust around tomorrow morning.
    Just a tiny bit of hoovering and titivating tomorrow. New kitchen cloth, new scritcher, polish sink, quick dust. Her house is spotless. :* I know she won't worry about our standards. <3
    DH will shine his bathroom up in the morning for them, and sweep the porch and front garden. I have to get all the food out of the freezer that has been there since Christmas. :p

Menu
    Lunch - Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels. Halloumi and chilli sauce bagel for the vegetarian.
    Dessert- either Fruits of the forest and yoghurt ice cream or mango and coconut. Both homemade. Choice of Prosecco or AF.

Mid Afternoon- Chocolate roulade, with optional cream. Homemade.

Pre-dinner nibbles with sherry - olives, seasalt and pepper crisps.

Dinner- ricotta and spinach rolls with salsa salad. Mango chutney or chilli sauce.

Haggis and veggie haggis with carrot and rutabaga mash, sprouted broccoli and whisky and cream sauce.

Dessert- whichever ice cream we didn't have at lunch. A chocolate truffle.

Drink will be a choice of whisky or red wine. Or AF.

Sorted! :laugh:

For breakfast we are having heated cinnamon rolls from our very superior baker with DH's fruit and berry salad. Tea or coffee.

My challenge will be to eat just a little and dial back on the alcohol......

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, dogs to powerline, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, active 5:52
    Bonus: 56 mins grooming Tumble, 52 mins line dancing on the beach
    Workin’ on it: 142.6, H20x6.
    Friendly February 2022
    18: Respond kindly to everyone you talk to today, including yourself ;}

Skimmin’ as I’m sleepy and still trying not to snack.

Terri in my mind’s eye, I can just see you spinning and jumping on ice skates!
    Welcome @mvarga1972 Missy from IN!
    Rebecca my washed out ziplock bags drip dry on the rinsed out beer bottles awaiting recycling but your arrangement looks artistic and beautiful. Joe calls my recycling obsession “playing with garbage.”
    Allie sorry to hear about your uncle, praying his passage is peaceful.
    Vicki are you in line for your boss’ job?
    Welcome @smrsfaith Faith from CA. Where in CA (I’m an SF native who lived in N Calif for 45 years) and what kind of dog?
    Machka thanks for explaining about the way your DH makes mulch, I was wondering… ;)
    Thanks Karen! I had all three Pfizer, Joe had first 2 Pfizer, then Moderna booster.
    Thanks pip!
    Lisa think writing it up is a very good idea on so many levels, organizing history for any appeals as well as getting it out on paper to ease your mind.
    Katla we had mild headaches, fatigue and a couple of days feeling off, but so much better than having the virus and its possible complications.
    Julie hope the subway strike doesn’t carry over onto other services. Good luck!

This afternoon when I got ready to go to the beach for line dancing, it was 60+ degrees and calm at our house so I put on a lighter, cooler shirt and left my gloves at home. Uh oh. When I got down to the beach, the wind was blustery and cccold. Quite a few people were taking pictures of the big, wild waves and I’m afraid a few of them snuck pics of us old gals dancing on the beach. Sure hope we don’t show up on social media!

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

Awe, artistic garbage, it has a ring to it! The post guy said the package made him hungry! Lol
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did HIIT and then went on the rowing machine. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Peak 10 more cardio DVD

After exercise went to WalMart since Vince needed soda. Then we went to see if we could get rid of some of the crystal but we’ll probably wind up donating it. Then we stopped at Lowe’s Hardware. Not only did the guy who installed the door not leave enough room for the closer, they put the threshold, literally, 1-1/2” higher than the tile of the condo. At this point, we’re so disgusted with this installation. Lowe’s said that they can repair the wrong molding and the top where the closer should go. I know Vince isn’t going to sleep Thursday since they’re putting it in Friday. We’re trying to come up with a way to make it a gradual rise to the top of the threshold so no one gets hurt

Julie – I can’t think of a veggie that I DON’T like. Could be steamed, baked, stir fried, just not deep fried. I don’t care for lots of oil, butter, or any sauces. I want to taste the veggie, not the sauce.

I was just reading that Disney is now saying that if you are fully vaccinated you don’t have to wear a mask OUTDOORS. But inside you do. Yet, they aren’t going to require proof of vaccination. As one guy said “so I get to stand shoulder to shoulder with someone, yet the minute I go inside I have to put on a mask?” I just think maybe they’re trying to appease everyone.

Tracey – like your crooked house. We went to this one lady to see about bisque. Glad we went early as only one piece that I might consider was in bisque, everything else she has to fire. I’m going to get this goldfish, a fish-going-around-wood thing, and Tigger (I have Pooh). The thing I'm considering is a Pillsbury Dough Boy cookie jar, but I can have both parts fired together so it'll be one big piece.

Alexandra – wow! That was some goiter. So happy you’re feeling so much better.

Michele in FL
    who is on her way to the pool
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Tracy ~ You are so talented! I really admire all your projects.

Michele ~ Sure do hope you get the door fixed right this time. Y'all have been through a lot with that door.

Heather ~ Your meals sound very, very good.

Lanette ~ Nice to see you and very insightful. Much to think about.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family, to stores n bk- 2hrs 9min 8sec 65elev,, 3.00ap, 82ahr, 106mhr 6.54mi= 632c
    Strava app= 790c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 19.06min, 15.8amph, 39elev, 73aw, 109ahr, 160mhr, 5.03mi= 171c
    Strava app= 79c
    Zwift stats- 19.10min, 42elev, 72aw, 55arpm, 5.03mi= 80c

Total cal 803
  • Katla49
    Options
    We have gorgeous weather today. I went to my yoga class and stopped by Ace Hardware for mothballs. Some critter is digging holes in our lawn. I buried mothballs in each hole. I’ve done this in previous years and hope for similar success. We also took the time to visit with a couple of our neighbors in the sunshine outside in our front yards. :bigsmile:

My next challenge is to call the dog breeder who was recommended by our veterinarian’s staff. We were charmed by her gorgeous poodles. I am anxious about making a call to request putting us on a list to purchase a puppy. We are both eager to have a healthy puppy to love. ❤️ (I am anxious about making the call. I need to woman up.) Keeping my fingers crossed for luck. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Katla

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Y
  • Katla49
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I sent her a message and hope for a call back.

Katla
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    B)