Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Have my dna test ready to go and find out about my maternal side...... I hopefully did it right the first time. This will be interesting. Something other than a health issue would be a nice distraction.

Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    szjqoqf5u99l.jpeg
    *** February 13 ***

Good morning ☀️

Sara - how long does it take to get the results of your dna testing? Sounds interesting!

Well, I got that easel together yesterday without hurting it or me 👍🏻
    Now, of course, is the drudgery of cutting up and disposing of the huge box and packing material. That will take me a few days, I'm sure. Ha!

Time to go figure out the day~~

Lana

262.4 today
    271.2 highest
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    5amjuhspya7u.png
    MONDAY Feb. 14th

Good morning all~~

I'm trying to get my act together...... Still very sleepy.....

Lana

263.2 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    I walked 2.5 miles with the ladies this morning!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dr apt about my hair - she thinks its stress but if it gets too bad to let her know. Got an apt for a physical while I was there -not exactly what I wanted.....

LANA !!!! 2.5 miles that is awesome. Got your act together and will probably sleep like a log. I know I do if I get a lot of steps in.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2022
    Options
    3ltt4nk3y0ve.jpeg
    *** TUESDAY February 15 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - it's probably a good thing that you'll have a physical soon, even though it's not the "answer" you had in mind! It probably IS stress + getting older.

I've got an irritating item on my Do List, and I've got to get it done: boxing up and mailing some overdue xmas gifts. I feel that they are inadequate, and I just need to get over that and remember the saying about how it's the thought that counts.

I'm grateful for another day of blue sky and sunshine ☀️

Lana

262.2 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Well didn’t have a good eating day at all. Ate my stress away but then cleaned floors and bathroom when I got home so I guess that balanced it out.
  • gemwolf110
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Sara - hope doctors appointment goes well and that it’s only stress. Not fun

Lana- awesome job on the 2.5 miles!!!! And yes it’s the thought that counts for Xmas gifts. I finally got around to writing my thank you notes. I always remembered to write them when I’m not home to write them. I need to make more to do lists or thoughts of missy lists lmao 🤣
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Getting taxes done and hoping for a refund (dont we all??) as I have a wish list.

Better late on presents than never - someone put wrong zip code on a package and it took a whole year to get to me (it was a surprise so it was when I got it as well....). Send them and they will enjoy them.

If I didnt make a to do list of any kind I could completely space a weekend without any problem.

Food and scale are in harmony and not in my favor. At least I got my minimum steps in.

• LanaCabana537
    edited February 2022
    Options
    z7wgi51yc99c.jpeg
    *** February 16 ***

Yay Wednesday.....another sunny day!

Sara - good for you on those taxes. I should have all of my stuff together in a few days. I will be having a party when I file this year because I will be filing on time. Someone who I used to be married to couldn't ever get his *kitten* together, and we always always filed for an extension, and even then, he was late. A true mental case. Good riddance!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Took a short walk before I go get taxes done. I have a long to do list and we shall see how much gets done.

Scale stinks but so does my eating so what do I expect??

Lana - Filling on time is a very good thing and I am glad you can do that this year.

Like to be early to appointments as I find being late is rude.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2022
    Options
    pv6qimaqg9mh.jpeg
    *** February 17 ***

Good morning ☀️

Sara - I hope that your appointments went well. 👍🏻

I will get a few things checked off of my lengthy scroll of a Do List. I hope.

Waving to Tracy and Missy and Jordanna and Sherry and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

261.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Just glad its Friday eve. Boss sunk to a new level of pettiness and I will have a chat with her boss sometime next week and discuss latest chapter.

Eating rotten and for the most part it does me no good, and it will change to something more healthy just not today.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    ydbqnmzwmnvq.jpeg
    *** February 18th ***

Well, Friday has finally arrived, and Monday will be a holiday for some peeps--Presidents Day.

I had better scoot to the post office, as things will take just a bit longer to get to where they are going because of this holiday. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Sara - wishing you a peaceful Friday at work, with you out of range of the fire-breathing dragon monster. Hugs 🤗

Waves to all~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Fridays are sometimes so long.... I do have Monday off but no plans which is fine by me. I got to play with neighbors 3 year old (catch the dinosaur head...). It is a rubber puppet so I used it to imitate the Dragon Lady.....

Have 4600 steps compliments of playing after work. Weekend will be making more meals and emptying fridge/ freezer.

• LanaCabana537
    edited February 2022
    Options
    a0na1iafadhn.jpg
    *** February 19 ***

Good morning ☀️

Today is Make Soup Day. I hate dicing up a whole head of cabbage, but it is worth it in the end.

Exercise of the day will be some work outside in the yard.

Sara - enjoy your 3-day weekend! (That's funny about Monster Head)

Waving to Tracy and Jordanna and Sherry and Missy up north ❄️ and anyone else who stops by today.

Lana
  • dvmmcw8020
    dvmmcw8020 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Browsing through the groups I see that this one is still active.
    I have been starting since the 80s- no joke. Since I was a teenager.
    Continually trying something new, something that will stick.
    I was the original “faster” which back then meant not eating and starving.
    This has resulted in a starve then binge cycle that has now lasted into my mid fifties.
    I have read that this is my subconscious brain’s response to years of limiting my food intake.
    I am trying to break the cycle. I still need some guidance and have relied on a macro plan to make sure I eat enough throughout the day so I don’t binge later in the day or sometimes a few days later.
    I am trying to focus on a daily practice of drinking enough water and eating enough throughput the day.
    Some may think that counting macros is just another diet tool that is too restrictive, but it keeps me satiated and will hopefully trigger my subconscious into believing that there is no more calorie deprivation.
    I have even tried eating “intuitively”, but again my subconscious drives me to eat too much, especially sugars and fats.
    This truly is my last kick at the cat. I am exhausted. I hope to be able to post my thoughts here- I have never been able to talk to anyone about my struggles. Particularly because my weight has always hovered around normal, I am athletic, and an expert at hiding my eating disorder. No one has asked, and I have no interest in talking about it… except in a group of random people I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️
    If you have read this post- thank you for listening 🙂
    I hope that future posts will signal my improvement.
    Melanie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Melanie welcome and you are in good company here. Everyone can find a piece of themselves in your post. Start with easy small steps and we love to hear about people's success.

I got my hair cut and post office so now home. Hairdresser recommended collagen powder to help grow back hair (put it in drinks like some fiber therapy - she recommended coffee as it is a little bitter). She also said if it came to it she has wigs and I would rather give her the $$$ anyway. Will do investigate this powder online.

Casserole in oven - potatoes, corn tortillas, spinach/broccoli/onions, pork sausage, cheese and eggs - just what I have in house and like - cooking it just like a quiche. Crock pot will be pork chops/potatoes and cabbage so I dont have to cook much this long weekend.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Welcome to the group Melanie!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    znv9cdsh5cmf.png
    *** February 20 ***

Good morning all~~

A big welcome to Melanie 👋🏻🤗🌸

Sara - your efforts in the kitchen sound yummy--good for you. I hope that you find some good results with hair. 🤗

Missy - goodness woman, you were up very early this morning. Do you have to work today?

The sun is out today, and I am a happy girl. Maybe a little cleaning up outside will be my exercise.

Waving to Tracy and Sherry in Tennessee and Jordanna way up north 👋🏻

Lana

262.2 today
    271.2 highest