Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    :heart:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Waiting to hear about whats going on with you Pip.. sending good vibes xoxo
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Waiting to hear about whats going on with you Pip.. sending good vibes xoxo

That is why I keep checking back too.
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 678 Member
    Reading daily. Hope to jot notes. Sending well wishes and hugs,

Betsy in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    (((Pip)))— I hope you will find a better medical facility. 9 hours with no good treatment in a long time and not ok. I hope things go better ASAP. Good news that you will be with Kirby. ❤️❤️❤️

Katla
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,691 Member
    Dear Pip - thinking of you! Like the other gals I have been checking in to hear how you were doing... sounds like a circle jerk! I just googled the best hospital in Fresno, CA and of the 3 that came up one is closed and one is a veterinary hospital.... OH MY! If you need to come up to the bay area you and Kirby can stay with me.... Although I would love to meet Yogi, my dog is very other dog aggressive, so Yogi can't stay here.

Kim in the east bay area of SF bay region
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    (((Pip)))— You are in my prayers. I hope the new doctor will be excellent and you will have competent medical care. ❤️🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻

Katla
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    Oh, Pip. Hoping and praying for the best.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3

Wishing all the best for you Pip.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Thanks for your patience. Finally got discharged, kirby picked me up, went to the pharmacy to get pain meds picked up, got home, made a sandwich to eat, almost 8:30pm. My sis in law had referred the hospital we went to so that’s where we went. ANYWAY, the doctors physician assistant said the CTscan and ultra sound showed that i had a mass in my pelvix area. 17 centimeters, she said it was a large mass. They couldn’t tell if it was on my ovaries by the tests they took and made me an appointment to go see a “gyn-onc” doc. They asked me if i had an obgyn (no).they didn’t know if it was cancerous and asked me if i had any cancer in the family or if i had cancer before. They gave me the choice of transferring to the other hospital or go home w/pain meds and see if i could wait til Wednesday. A gym-onc is short for gynecologist oncology doc. I told them to give me double dose of pain meds and if i can take it, I’ll wait til Wednesday, and if i can’t I’ll go sooner and they will see me sooner. So won’t know anything til i go to the new doc. I’m thinking they will look inside me an may take the mass out and do a biopsy and see if its cancerous or not. There you have it.

I have a gyn-onc who is really good. He's been helping me through my pre-cancer issues.

I hope you get one that is as good and that he/she is able to help you thoroughly, including explaining what's going on and the steps they need to take.

(((Hugs)))

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Got new custom-made mouth guard from my dentist yesterday and wore it last night.

Not bad. It's to keep me from grinding my teeth.

I had tried one from the chemist shop before but did not like it at all. I couldn't get it into my mouth comfortably. But this one fits just nicely. :)

And it is just for the upper teeth.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,583 Member
    Sending love Pip. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,583 Member
    Thank you all for the comments on my outfit for the cruise formals. :D The dress, which is fabulous, and soooo comfortable, was a loan from my old yoga teacher, because I didn't have anything to wear for that sort of occasion. When my first cruise was over, she said I could keep it, as she was too fat now and never had opportunity to wear it. I did buy her flowers. :)
    The sparkly cape is cheap, cheap, from Amazon. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived!

Beautiful day. Still unsure about my ankle for running. I think I'll rest it a bit longer.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Pip prayers for a good outcome. 💞🙏💞

💞 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • Machka9
    My dry land water sport -- rowing!

dxrtqecs82wt.png

Machka in Oz