Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many women come with some frequency on this thread. It seems like many dozens...

Busy times here.

How are you all doing?

I'm finding the CICO not easy to master!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I wonder how many women come with some frequency on this thread. It seems like many dozens...

You've asked this question before ... you could count it. :)

It wouldn't be too hard to do. I'd do it in Excel and each time you come to a name, type it into Excel. If you come to it again, put an X in the box next to the name. Might be interesting!

How are you all doing?

How are you doing?

I'm finding the CICO not easy to master!

What are you finding difficult?

The concept is super simple ... eat fewer calories than you burn. CI < CO.

The execution takes some effort in the sense of focus, concentration and deliberation. :grin:

M in Oz

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: rx, Joe, yoga, readings, BP, dogs to powerline, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, active : 5:21
    Bonus: 36 mins grooming Tumble
    Workin’ on it: 143.5, H20x4.
    Friendly February 2022
    26: Make uninterrupted time for your loved ones.
    27:

Scale down .9 lb, despite last night’s snacking. It’s a mystery.

Got dogs down to powerline just as the rain was starting. Happy to see it even though it meant no dog group today.

Lisa being able to sit in office longer is a victory, not stupid. Likewise being able to absorb those nutrients. You’ll find your balance soon enough.
    Belated best birthday wishes Carla!
    Margaret “…sometimes the critic was me…” “…patience and letting go of outcome… skills I need more practice” Me too.
    Carol “… and he is no conversationalist…” our husbands could be brothers from another mother.
    Katla I’m so with you about live game and grocers.
    Allie those early pet losses leave deep holes. ((hugs))
    Beth your can’t sleep prayers, yes that. In addition to our gals here, and other worries, giving thanks for everyone who has ever loved me and everyone I have ever loved helps to end the session on a positive note. ((hugs)) for this sad day.
    Rita ((hugs))
    Machka :love: the “healing” meme . . . and the To Do list one too! :laugh:
    Julie good to see you popping in. CICO is not easy if I’m honest in my logging. Hope all your busy ness means good progress on your writing/research project.
    Welcome @buxbert in Europe! Barbiecat will post a link to the March thread on the last day of February. Hope to see you there.

Well Joe’s up an hour early so off I go!

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I keep forgetting to add that I've also found a recipe app that is making me very, very happy. It's called Copy Me That, and I actually ponied up to buy a lifetime membership ($25 - cheaper than a new cookbook).

Please note, I do NOT get any money to say this, it's something my best friend uses and I finally decided to try it. Lots of extra stuff like planning meals out for a week or a month, generating shopping lists, and my favorite part, which is that it strips off all the verbiage around recipes which are just mondo annoying, and just copies the recipe itself into your set.

It satisfies my organizing soul, and will let me get rid of a hundred or more bookmarks. It will also let me add my own recipes into the site, and even build a cookbook (for a fee, of course). I'm debating on sending my daughter a gift subscription - I think she would like it.

Last plus for me is that if a website goes dark, which they do a lot, it won't impact the recipe, as the recipe will be in my set.

Later y'all,
    Love, Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Options
    I keep forgetting to add that I've also found a recipe app that is making me very, very happy. It's called Copy Me That, and I actually ponied up to buy a lifetime membership ($25 - cheaper than a new cookbook).

Please note, I do NOT get any money to say this, it's something my best friend uses and I finally decided to try it. Lots of extra stuff like planning meals out for a week or a month, generating shopping lists, and my favorite part, which is that it strips off all the verbiage around recipes which are just mondo annoying, and just copies the recipe itself into your set.

It satisfies my organizing soul, and will let me get rid of a hundred or more bookmarks. It will also let me add my own recipes into the site, and even build a cookbook (for a fee, of course). I'm debating on sending my daughter a gift subscription - I think she would like it.

Last plus for me is that if a website goes dark, which they do a lot, it won't impact the recipe, as the recipe will be in my set.

Later y'all,
    Love, Lisa in AR

That sounds very interesting.

So if I've got a recipe I like from a website, I copy it into this app, it gets cleaned up so it's just the recipe and I can access it from the app?

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    It rained all day ... drizzled. So we did some shopping and came home with 3 plants, a little table for my laptop, a collection of music, and a few other things. :)

Then I rowed for 20 minutes and lifted weights.

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Later y'all,
    Love, Lisa in AR

That sounds very interesting.

So if I've got a recipe I like from a website, I copy it into this app, it gets cleaned up so it's just the recipe and I can access it from the app?

M in Oz

Yep - you have the ability to keep each recipe private or public. You can also check the recipe to see if there are any lines you don't want to keep and simply uncheck them. In Microsoft Edge or Chrome, it's just a click on the apps button at top right.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Beth - <3 Much love.
    Rita - You have a lot of worry to deal with. <3

Allie - My pet traumas as a child put me off for life. You are braver than me! I'm sure you miss having a companion. Someone said, "I have plenty of people to do something with, but no one to do nothing with."
    I am very happy just with DH, but I found living alone very, very hard.

My big news is that I have lost another pound!!! :D
    Last week was a wipe out, but I managed to keep it together this week. That is 5 lbs in 5 weeks. Two more weeks to go, so I am perfectly on track.
    I am absolutely delighted!

Had a lovely long phone conversation this morning with my friend K, who has been in South Korea for three months, with her new born twin grandsons. She is home and her son and family are coming back to live permanently nearby in July. Huge relief to her. The wife is Korean.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    Lisa- I dont have the room here 1 to have a roomate and 2 because it is a condo complex the bylaws dont allow that . Although alot of the elderly people here have one of there children living with them here,how they do that in 1 bedrrom condo is beyond me there are 2 bedroom ones also..
    Heather- your right it is hard to live on my own.. i should be used to it, its been almost 5 yrs but it seems only after my surgeries and not having the stamina i once had that seems to make it worse.
    If I didn't have Alfie i think id be off my rocker..he really is my fur baby
    Got a text from my kids dad Rich,I found a friend of ours actually she was our bosses daughter who will be turning 50 lol but she is a sweetheart ..we met at a bar so there ya go many many moons ago.. anyway. Remember i told you how he has been in a depression well ,Michelle and I were chatting in messenger on Facebook for quite awhile and I knew that hearing from her would cheer him up.. so I gave her his # and I texted him and gave him her # and let it be...
    Well Michelle messaged me yesterday saying that Rich called her yesterday and they talked for an hr .. and she plans to call once a month to check on him and he is going to DQ with our son Dan.. so im so glad I was able to at least bring him a little lift.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did pilates for runners DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Cathe Drill Max DVD.

Buxburt – welcome! Stay tuned for the March thread!!!!

Hugs to everyone who needs them

Michele
    who is off to meet her friend
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes friends!
    Hubby is also coordinating a family gathering tonight. The girls couldn't get together on Friday night because Lacy had a late doctor's appointment and Anne had football practice. He's really coming through for me. <3

Rita... Worry IS exhausting, my friend. Sending love and prayers that you hear something soon. Glad you're feeling better. And I always try to remember what Erma Bombeck said about worry. We learned that pretty fast having kids in the Marine Corps too. No sense in worrying about something we couldn't control. I know that's no help, but we're here for you.
    zen40fylv9a1.png

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Eeee
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Well, Vince was thinking that we were meeting Diane at 12 only it’s at 1 that we’re meeting her so we leave an hour later. His comment? “I didn’t have to get up so early” Well, his fault. We’re meeting Dick and Karen at 12 next week.

Michele