WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
kxco5yqizkfc.gif

:) This friendly thread has been an important part of my life and my journey to health for years. I value the friendships that I've found here.

:) The name of the thread is "Women Ages 50+" but all women are welcome.

:) This is a great place to find support, encouragement, and friendship to help with your life and your journey to health and fitness.

:) Be sure to bookmark the thread so you can find it again.

:) Please sign your post with a name or nickname and a location (specific or general) to make it easy for us to identify you and reply to you.

:) I has helped me to read this thread daily even if I don't have anything I want to say.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

My word for 2022 is "continue"---I have acquired many good habits and I want to continue doing them.

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    thank you
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    Thank you Barbie!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Pip — I’m so glad you do not have pain. I am keeping you in my prayers. I hope your doctor turns out to be excellent. 🌹
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    Happy Birthday to all the ladies who enjoyed one in February. I am still trying to catch up from January posts!
    Happy Anniversaries as well!

Betsy- It is amazing how clear the eyes are after the cataract surgeries. I will say that it has been a little harder to get use to both being done for me since one was far sighted and one was near sighted. Time for healing and the brain to relearn to quickly refocus.

Debbie- Thank you for your response about the dull pain after the drops stop. It is much better now.

Healing thoughts and prayers for all that need it whether for themselves or family and friends.

Ginny- You would have been welcomed at our mower shop any time!

Barbie- Thank you for the fresh start! March for us Northern Hemisphere folks means time to start getting outside. :)

I had more typed and hit wrong key. It is bedtime for me.

Love you all !

Kylia sleepy in Ohio
  • Katla49
    edited March 2022
    <3 Barbie —Thank you for our new thread! Happy March for all of us. <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Thank you Barbie for the clean slate!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    Wwwww
  • Katla49
    edited March 2022
    Sue — We’re really learning about various poodles. We saw a sweet girl at the breeder’s place and we hope to have one of her puppies. DH has been studying and also has spoken about the Moyen. He thinks the sweet girl may be or is a Moyen. That is what we hope to find. Wish us luck. ❤️. We’re hoping for 15-20” and up to 35 pounds. We’re keeping our fingers crossed for just the right puppy. It will have to grow up a bit to reach 15 to 20” and 35 pounds. Our sweet Keeshond, Schooner, was 35 pounds. He passed away last fall from cancer. He was a very sweet boy. We think/hope a poodle puppy will be healthy.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Thank you Barbie for starting us off in March !!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member

Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, CI<CO, active 3:03
    Bonus: 20 mins grooming Tumble, phone chat with P, coffee/chat with D
    Workin’ on it: 142.4, H20x5.
    Friendly February 2022
    28: Give positive comments to as many people as possible today.
    Mindful March
    1: Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness.

Thank you Barbie! You are our model!

Morning routine interrupted spending quality time chatting with SIL. Then 2 hrs coffee/chatting with D. Got dogs down to powerline in between rain showers, but steps way low for the day. Sleepy so skimmin’ and will give Feb summary tomorrow.

Welcome @lkh314 Leah from IL!
    Debbie that is one birthday twin I’d just as soon do without ;}
    ((hugs)) to all.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    Today started with a massive black spider descending from the fan over the shower and dropping down beside me. 🕷

It's been about 95% humidity for the past couple days and warm. My hair has doubled in size and I've been consistently hot and sweaty. Despite the fact that I'm fully menopausal, I had one hot flash after another the night before last. Blech. Last night I remembered to use antiperspirant just before bed. That helps. We've got the air conditioner on tonight to try to reduce the humidity level.

Had a lovely lunch with the ladies I used to work with. It was really nice to get together again.

When I got back, the internet had gone down ... Tasmania wide. Given that I work in a branch of health, that wasn't a good thing!

Always "Dial before you Dig!"

Tasmanian internet and phone services down in 'major' outage across much of the state
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-01/widespread-telecommunications-and-internet-outage-in-tasmania/100871822

So it's been an interesting first day of March.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    edited March 2022
    Drizzly day. Picking up Bea this afternoon, so we are hoping the rain doesn't get any worse! My joints were acting up this early morning. :( It's really grey, damp and very still.

'Smashing' is a great word, Evelyn. It has the appropriate old-fashioned air for a costume with vintage allusions. :p I haven't used it since I was a child, but I might do, if I were commenting on something vintage I liked.

Did a lot of writing this morning. I'm discovering so much about myself in the process. Making lots of connections that I hadn't seen before. It is so true that you never know what you think before you write about it!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

PS - Thank you Barbie for your stalwart presence.

I've just heard from my DSIL's daughter that yesterday's ankle fusion went very well and she could be out today or tomorrow. I have a card to post when we go out.