KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Oh Heather! What a poignant finale. Thank you for sharing it with us. <3

Karen in Virginia
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    Hello, my dears,

Heather - I'm so pleased you found the daughter of the man you obviously loved, and so sorry that the news on his condition wasn't good. I would have wept too.

In organizing mode this morning, because every other time I've started since Friday has been a bust. I'm just so distractable. Not least because I can be, I guess. No deadlines to adhere to means no progress in completing anything... I am not complaining, don't get me wrong! I am blessed to be in this place for the first time in my life. Even in scattered stretches of unemployment, finding a new job became my job. There was always a goal.

Beth - There's a message in your inbox regarding the medications we were talking about.

Ok, now I'm just procrastinating my organizing chore by being here! <3

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    HEATHER lovely that you dug him up and gave him a smile.

Busy days. Skimming....

Only 200 c left and it's 14h45... I feel tired which often makes me nibbly....

Staying on track may b challenging.....

Apparent success in a tiny thing at work. Yay!

OK....bz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Both of us nap afterwards! I got a lecture about keeping better track of my mom's medicine. I need to learn the names. The Dr asked what she was taking and I didn't really know. I thought he would know because he prescribed it! I can design a better sheet for her to cross off her doses, with the meds for am and pm listed.
    Then we can take the sheet with us.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    (((Pip))
    (((Katla)))
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Annie- here in Connecticut we have something called mychart which is wonderful.. it is connected to the hospitals and drs you use.. and i have my medications listed in there so both different hospitals and the berage of drs i see can see what medications I take and and can check in with each other..also my suggestion is make sure your mom or both parents have durable medical power of attorney and that you can find out information if needed.. even my stubborn as all get out dad had me be there for him with that lol
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Yes when my sister comes to visit in two weeks we should review all that end of life paperwork. Thanks for the reminder!

Annie in Delaware
  • cajmanthei
    cajmanthei Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get back to healthy eating and lose some weight. I am 61, so well over the 50 mark. Blessings to all!
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    MACHKA & DEBBIE

th97adxlr8lx.png
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    z5lsyp6umxbp.png
    happy Birthday to all the March Birthday Gals
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,382 Member
    Options
    Well...the launch has been scrubbed until tomorrow. But…..the good news is that it’s scheduled to go off at 8:30 so I can get back from exercise by then...I’ll just go earlier The plan for tomorrow is to do some HIIT

suss – welcome

Well, Safelite came – with the wrong windshield. They’re going to shoot to order and install it next Tuesday. Yes, we leave Wednesday. If for some reason they can’t do it, we’ll just have to get it replaced in NC

Took a bit of a walk around the parking lot. Depending on what time we get home, maybe I’ll go again tonight for some

Heather – made me tear up how you were able to find your old lover and what happened.

Need to get ready to meet up with my cousin

Signed up for the pot luck on Friday. Wish I’d brought enough for 2 of the spinach feta pies, but Mary Lou said that not a lot of people were going so I only brought enough for one pie and I really can’t see buying the ingredients to have to take them home.

Michele
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    Lllllll
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Vicki— I have been taking Alondrate Sodium 70 mg TAB for bone density for several years, at the recommendation of my doctor after I had tripped and fallen. I damaged my forehead the first time I fell. I damaged my left knee the second time I tripped & fell. I did not break a bone either time. I have been taking one tablet by mouth each week. It works very well for me. There is also a daily version of this medicine. I prefer the once a week version. In your place, I would discuss it with the doctor.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Picked up Bea, carrying all the presents and cards for her and her mums birthday while we are away
    When we got back to her house she insisted on opening one, so I chose her monkey t shirt. She LOVES it, despite her weird expression 😆.
    2l5bc68h5il0.jpg

The monkey was her comforter when she was a baby and she has loads of them.

Years ago, the whole family used to go and stay at my old lover/friend's house in the Lake District, so my son remembers those holidays very well and my friend. Good memories of beach, sand dunes, lakes and mountains. He was around 9 or10.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Michele! That's wonderful news. Congrats to Jess.

Good luck, Pip! Such great news!

Yes we are, Barbara! Thanks. We love to be together. We just usually have lots of noise and other things going on around us. Who knew that we could still just sit and talk, in the quiet darkness?!?

So sorry, Katla. Sending healing vibes to DH.

Carla, still in MN (but no new snow here)