What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• AngWBald
    AngWBald Posts: 59 Member
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    AngWBald wrote: »
    I love Gloria Vanderbilt pants and jeans. For some reason they fit right and doesn't cross over my belly button like other brands. I'm short waist-ed (rib to hip is short) and I find having the button go over that area is very uncomfortable while sitting down.

Thank you for the tip on pants! When I start wearing them again I'll need that info. Because - nobody ever told me I was short waisted! The distance between my ribs and hips is like - two inches or something like that, but I never had the opportunity to find that out before because it was covered by fat.

I never understood it when my mother would adjust dress patterns for my waist. She had to adjust the pattern before cutting the material. Otherwise it wouldn't come out right. She made a lot of dresses for me as I grew up.

It wasn't until my OBGYN told me, "I'm glad you are not expecting twins." I answered, "What are you talking about?" She says, "You are very short waist-ed. Your body would have a difficult time finding room for the twins to grow." Not one of my pregnancies resulted in twins. I guess God found mercy in not blessing me with twins.

I have 19 more pounds to lose to get into my Normal BMI range. Unfortunately I still have a lot of fat to lose around my waist. I have very pronounced Love Handles. They really poke out on my sides over the top of my pants. Being short, short waist-ed, and fat sucks! Taller people can hide it so well.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited March 2022
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Things they never told me about weight loss - how much BELLY I'd still have at 155 pounds!

Maybe cut yourself some slack; maybe you're closer to normal than you realize![/quote]

Well.... the truth is, "normal" is no longer healthy. The average person is overweight, after all. I don't demand to be slender but I'd like to not have a big gut sticking out, which I still do. Part of it is aesthetics but part of it is health, I don't like the chafing. :-)

I love that thread you linked to, though. It's been very helpful in the past.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    @sargemarcori i feel like viewing myself as more vulnerable at a smaller weight has kept me from losing at some points. What do you find terrifying about it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!