WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

partial walk w/family- 1hr 20min 11sec, 36elev, 3.02ap, 97ahr, 114mhr, 4.06mi= 340c
    Strava app = 482c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 14.15min, 98elev, 86aw, 17.0amph, 4.03mi= 340c
    Zwift stats- 14.17min, 100elev, 85aw, 62arpm, 16.98amph, 4.04mi= 70c

Total cal 464. Longest walk yet. The plan is to do 5 miles on Friday
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Luanne yes it is pretty much marching in place. I have a kettlebell on the floor, and I touch my toes to the handle with each step. That ensures I don't get lazy about lifting my knees. And the music keeps me from getting lazy about tempo.

I do all my exercise indoors. At home, I like the even temperature, the carpeted floor, and the bathroom proximity, although that's just me being prepared just in case. Even the horseback riding I do is inside a big covered arena!

On a beautiful spring day like today, it would be nice to be outdoors, but my allergies are tickled even inside the house. Everybody has limits to work around.

Annie in Delaware
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    VICKIE thanks for your kind thoughts.
    Had a few glasses of store bought carrot juice this evening. as many calories as halotop but must be healthier!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    🙄 Holy Moly!!! MFP decided to stop recognising me in the middle of editing my last post!!! I had to sign in again.

‘Watching’ TV after dinner. I have had a very relaxed day. Tomorrow I will revise my Latin for Friday morning study group. I’m so rusty after being unable to go the last 2 years.

I started a watercolour at Monday Painters this week, and will finish it next Monday.
    WTH!!! Drat!!! MFP wouldn’t upload the photo.

Lisa: Bureaucracy grinds exceedingly slow!!!

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday

☘️ Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    MFP keeps throwing more out! And won’t post photos or let me edit posts 🤯
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Gggrrrrrr….. I don’t have time for this c**p
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Gggrrrrrr….. I don’t have time for this c**p

Crap?
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Had a very nice time today with Tracy and Miles ,he was a good little boy today.. we went to Target and Miles and I stayed in the car.. he usually starts getting fussy as soon as the car stops but he did pretty well,i played disney music on my phone for him,then we stopped at Sams club.. went out to lunch with a friend today and she paid which was sweet. I only ate 1/2 and brought the rest home.. had the door open this afternoon so crazy dog could go in and out.. we had gone about a mile down the road and i couldnt find my phone we turned around i looked in the parking lot and then went into Sams and some honest person brought it to the courtesy desk..
  • Luannelizabeth
    Luannelizabeth Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @cattherien
    Tracking is so useful because it gives so much information to help change your habits. Daily weighing is also useful provided that you realise that weight constantly fluctuates. Looking at the trends is definitely the way to go.

Since reaching maintenance I have found tracking and weighing helps me to relax, because I know exactly what’s going on, and can take remedial action if necessary.

Haha! I found weighing in every day and tracking intake to be incredibly helpful. I probably would have continued to lose, but for learning to bake sourdough bread. I love it but cannot have fresh bread in the house all the time, I've discovered. I feel like it could have been a lot worse.

Anyhow, now that it's spring, it's time to continue losing down to UGW.

Luanne in VA

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Lisa-glad you are able to sleep. Very glad you got things straightened out with VA. I currently am on a task for for streaming government and increasing efficiencies. Major topic-share information between groups so people don't veto jump through unnecessary hoops.

Allie-glad to hear things settled a bit. Curious if they got Carmine into any therapy while starting transition process? It is my understanding (especially if they are looking at surgical modifications) that it is required. I think as a parent I could use help adjusting. Nice to know someone was honest enough to urn in your phone.

Julie-do hope your mood improves.

Terri-technology is great until t isn't!

Got through to podiatrist today-have an appointment for Friday morning. I remember my mom always having pain with her feet, but she worked on them for years (restaurant work). I'm hoping I can get orthotics or some other non-invasive means of providing relief (other than not walking.) Need to fill out paperwork to submit through their portal.

Welcome to the new ladies.

Ginny in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    Options
    ¥
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    There's got to be an easier way to do this on my phone. I've lost my replies a half dozen times; if you @ mentioned me and my reply isn't below, I apologize. I finally opened up a note app and wrote my replies there. It's been a long time since I wrote in bb code. 

Luanne- welcome, and congrats on your weight loss with Noom, and best of luck with the next goal. I'm also a fan of baking sourdough, and have had to back off on bread making because it was just too much temptation. Lays has nothing on fresh baked bread!

Carla- thank you for the congrats. I've been on MFP since 2012, reached my goal and regained twice since then, but this is the first time I'd logged in faithfully for a year.

Lisa- thanks for the newbie advice. I hope your corn dog was derishus - I love them, too.

Vicki- thank you for the welcome, and best of luck with your office remodel.

Terri- you make a great point about maintenance tracking actually being a reassurance, helping you relax, because you can easily remediate if you drift upwards.

Ginny- I have plantar fasciitis in both feet and in 2013 it had reached a point where I could barely walk without excruciating pain. My podiatrist ordered hard orthotics and they're one of the best things I've ever done. They're currently in my shoes on my feet, and today I can beon my feet for hours without pain. It took a year before my feet healed enough that I could wear anything but tennis shoes. But they're worth every moment of it.

Cheryl- beautiful horses, and agreed: if I don't track, I don't lose.
    Today I went looking through clothing boxes for a pair of jeans to hang on the wall in my bedroom, a size down from where I'm at now, as motivation to keep losing weight. Jeans are really hard for me to fit (34 inch inseam, bubble butt, pear shape). I know Levi's 515 boot cut fit me really well, and there's a couple pairs of those in the boxes somewhere. Yes, there were... 3 sizes smaller than I am currently.

So, I went to Goodwill and yesssssss they had a pair in my size! They're currently gracing my ample derriere, haha. I also found a cute sleeveless tunic in my best color, turquoise.

After work, took hubby on a date: 9 holes of disc golf before the sun went down, and then out to Mexican (he won the game, so he got to choose the cuisine).

Charlene in Peoria, IL
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    @Katla49 - thinking about you. Hope your DH had a successful doctors visit.

Tracey
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Great story! <3 Congratulations to your daughter. :D

I slept upstairs last night as I had a ticklish cough. Actually I just wanted to read a bit longer and have some space. I woke up early, burning to write the ending of my current chapter about the old lover/friend who now has Parkinsons and Alzheimers. I very, very rarely write outside my normal schedule, but I really felt the need and I am going out for lunch today, so not able to write as normal. So, I put something down on my tablet! It felt so good to get 400 + words done before breakfast!

I track every day and have done for nine and a half years. Apart from long holidays. I take a lot of shortcuts, like Quick Add, but it keeps me from going right off the rails. I am currently losing at about one pound a week, by contriving a big CICO deficit. I do that by a lot of exercise.

Yes, I hope you are OK, Katla, and hubby. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    cattherien wrote: »
    There's got to be an easier way to do this on my phone. I've lost my replies a half dozen times; if you @ mentioned me and my reply isn't below, I apologize. I finally opened up a note app and wrote my replies there. It's been a long time since I wrote in bb code. 

Charlene in Peoria, IL

You've got to keep your phone very still. If you move your phone, you'll lose your reply.

But you don't have to write in bb code ... unless you want to. :)

I use it for bold, italics and colour.

I like this site: https://www.color-hex.com/ and from it I can pick colours for text. :)

Machka in Oz